Colin Basran Doesn't Live In Kelowna

Pookybear
Übergod

Re: Colin Basran Doesn't Live In Kelowna

Post by Pookybear »

beachday wrote:
Pookybear wrote:decision.

Dont even go there and start accusing me of something you know NOTHING about! I have never spoke to or met Basran nor do I know if I will vote for him yet but with you running your mouth the way you do, it is you that is un informed!

And you are personally attacking me because.......? You haven't even posted on this thread before your attack of me. Or perhaps you are posting under various names and are getting confused. Put down whatever you are smoking and do not assume I am uninformed cause I wish people would vote for other reasons then their buddy is running.
purple8

Post by purple8 »

I'm attacking you??? It's is ok for you to say people are "not informed", but when it comes back to you it is a "personal attack"? Oh wow!
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

purple8 wrote:I'm attacking you??? It's is ok for you to say people are "not informed", but when it comes back to you it is a "personal attack"? Oh wow!

Oh, I see you are posting under two different names, Beachday and purple8. Trying to make it look like more people are in favor of Basran and Grey huh? :dyinglaughing:

Kelowna city council has always been more or less a popularity contest. If one has never even though of voting before but are going to this election because their buddy is running that my friend is not an informed decision. I would hope most people are looking at what everyones platforms are and see if they match what their own values in regard to what they want this city to be.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Pookybear wrote:
purple8 wrote:I'm attacking you??? It's is ok for you to say people are "not informed", but when it comes back to you it is a "personal attack"? Oh wow!

Oh, I see you are posting under two different names, Beachday and purple8. Trying to make it look like more people are in favor of Basran and Grey huh? :dyinglaughing:

Kelowna city council has always been more or less a popularity contest. If one has never even though of voting before but are going to this election because their buddy is running that my friend is not an informed decision. I would hope most people are looking at what everyones platforms are and see if they match what their own values in regard to what they want this city to be.

Hahaha! Good catch Pooky! I saw that too, and it confirms what everyone has been saying - the Basran supporters are stacking the forum with multiple IDs. Pretty sad state of affairs, IMO. His support from the slimey CUPE union, a huge conflict of interest in my eyes, was the clincher for me, but this ices the cake.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

RichardWede wrote:
Pookybear wrote:

Hahaha! Good catch Pooky! I saw that too, and it confirms what everyone has been saying - the Basran supporters are stacking the forum with multiple IDs. Pretty sad state of affairs, IMO. His support from the slimey CUPE union, a huge conflict of interest in my eyes, was the clincher for me, but this ices the cake.

I am hoping more people see it!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'm fairly certain "sock-puppets" are rampant when agendas abound.

1. sock puppet An account made on an internet message board, by a person who already has an account, for the purpose of posting more-or-less anonymously.

2. sock puppet
1: A fake personality, usually a 'friend' or 'sister,' created by a drama queen/king for the sake of defending him/herself against others in an online forum.

2: Someone who might be an actual person but behaves like the above, defending someone who really deserves no defense.

From the Urban Dictionary.
I haven't failed until I quit.
purple8

Post by purple8 »

You really can't get anything past all the brilliant people on here! I'm wondering how that "proves the Basran supporters are stacking"? All it proves is that we are both voting for Basran and don't really care what you think of that! Have a great day everyone and thanks so much for your wonderful opinions! :sunshine:
IlluminatiDunce

Post by IlluminatiDunce »

Danial Thorburn attacked Basran in a previous thread, calling names and making extreme statements and the thread gets removed. Geez, Thorburn for council or Jerry Springer
RTH
Fledgling

Post by RTH »

Back to the subject at hand, if you live in the city and can vote in the city, then you can run in the election, seems pretty simple.
dbthorburn

Post by dbthorburn »

IlluminatiDunce wrote:Danial Thorburn attacked Basran in a previous thread, calling names and making extreme statements and the thread gets removed. Geez, Thorburn for council or Jerry Springer

Hi, actually Dan Thorburn DIDN'T attack Basran, and that's why the thread was removed. There seems to be a lot of fishy stuff going on in these rooms, let's try to keep the topics relative and reasonable.

Thanks,

Dan Thorburn
Elect Dan Thorburn for Kelowna City Councillor
http://www.DanThorburn.com

Politicians, like diapers, need to be changed often, and for the same reason.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

IlluminatiDunce wrote:Danial Thorburn attacked Basran in a previous thread, calling names and making extreme statements and the thread gets removed.

Well, some people get attention by voicing great ideas.

Others attack other candidates on baseless grounds.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

thisisnoarooz wrote:I read this thread and it bothers me to see that few have taken the time to look in to Colin Basran's history. AS far as I can find out he and his family are long time residents,third generation in this city as far as I can tell. Not to mention his family has had a large impact on this community. He grew up in the city and graduated from RSS.

Not to mention the issues he is running on and trying to change, are probably the ones that drove him from the city. He is a father and every one knows that Kelowna is a tough city to start a family in. For reasons like the high cost of housing, the lack of well paying jobs, plus other costs of living. I know a lot of who a have moved away for these reasons. So before you light him up for not living in Kelowna ask him why he doesn't and see if his reasons are the things he is trying to change so he can come back to the city.

This is true, but. I was on Colin's ship and thought he'd done a fine job of showing his wares, up and until he accepted the endorsement from Fourgreed.org. At that point he lost my vote. I spoke with him about this, told him my feelings, and his reply was "that's your opinion". You're right Colin, it's my opinion you don't have the maturity to stand on your own, and I am not pleased with whom you chose to stand beside. I believe if Colin would have publicly stated he declined the Fourgreed.org endorsement, he’d be a shoe in for a council seat. I am not sure he thought about this much, or if he did and he believes what they're selling, then he really doesn't represent me. You have to think for yourself man. Either way, I can’t vote for fourgreed, and that includes Colin now.
Chris Brown 66

Post by Chris Brown 66 »

I would love to see a council made up of Sharon Sheppard, Mary-Ann Graham, Michelle Rule, Charlie Hodge, Bobby Kenedy, Luke Stack Graham James,Shane Herrington,Robert Hobson. They all live in Kelowna and dont just belong to organizations but help with the nitty gritty work for them.. A good diverse council from all areas of Kelowna. With both gender and age equality
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Chris Brown 66 wrote:I would love to see a council made up of Sharon Sheppard, Mary-Ann Graham, Michelle Rule, Charlie Hodge, Bobby Kenedy, Luke Stack Graham James,Shane Herrington,Robert Hobson. They all live in Kelowna and dont just belong to organizations but help with the nitty gritty work for them.. A good diverse council from all areas of Kelowna. With both gender and age equality

What is with the cut and paste of this same statement in EVERY thread?
I think we all get the idea as to what you would love to see but it is not necessary to say it 20 times. :127:
You and 71 others Like this post
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Mtn Biker wrote:
thisisnoarooz wrote:I read this thread and it bothers me to see that few have taken the time to look in to Colin Basran's history. AS far as I can find out he and his family are long time residents,third generation in this city as far as I can tell. Not to mention his family has had a large impact on this community. He grew up in the city and graduated from RSS.

Not to mention the issues he is running on and trying to change, are probably the ones that drove him from the city. He is a father and every one knows that Kelowna is a tough city to start a family in. For reasons like the high cost of housing, the lack of well paying jobs, plus other costs of living. I know a lot of who a have moved away for these reasons. So before you light him up for not living in Kelowna ask him why he doesn't and see if his reasons are the things he is trying to change so he can come back to the city.

This is true, but. I was on Colin's ship and thought he'd done a fine job of showing his wares, up and until he accepted the endorsement from Fourgreed.org. At that point he lost my vote. I spoke with him about this, told him my feelings, and his reply was "that's your opinion". You're right Colin, it's my opinion you don't have the maturity to stand on your own, and I am not pleased with whom you chose to stand beside. I believe if Colin would have publicly stated he declined the Fourgreed.org endorsement, he’d be a shoe in for a council seat. I am not sure he thought about this much, or if he did and he believes what they're selling, then he really doesn't represent me. You have to think for yourself man. Either way, I can’t vote for fourgreed, and that includes Colin now.

And I bet a whole bunch have said the exact same thing about him except referencing his endorsement by the unions. Being endorsed by 2 polar groups, it will be interesting to see how it works for him.
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”