Castanet's Live Forum!

Takin it easy !
Übergod

Castanet's Live Forum!

Post by Takin it easy ! »

So tonights Mayoral forum is being hosted by Castanet Hmmmmmmmmmm should be interesting cant wait too see how this one pans out ?
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Castanets Live Forum !

Post by Logitack »

at least you dont have to leave the warm comfort of your home ... you can watch the mayoralty forum online.... sweet!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Civic-Elec ... r-say-live

Mayoral candidates have their say live
by Wayne Moore - Story: 67034
Nov 8, 2011 / 12:39 pm

For the first time during this election campaign, you'll have a chance to hear candidates running for mayor debate the issues live through your computer.

Castanet.net will be hosting a mayoral forum Thursday night from the Streaming Cafe begining at 7 p.m., Castanet has teamed up with The Streaming Cafe to produce and broadcast the forum to give everyone a chance to see and hear the candidates.

Incumbant Sharon Shepherd along with challengers Ken Chung, Cal Condy and Walter Gray will be in attendance.

Kim Ouellette, who is also running for mayor, will not be at the forum. She is not taking part for health reasons.

Each candidate will be given an opportunity to make a brief opening statement followed by a question and answer period.

Questions will come from Castanet reporters and members of the general public.

If you have a question you would like relayed to the candidates, please forward them to [email protected].

Please indicate which candidate you would like the question directed to.

During the live show you can also send in e-mails to news@castanet and tweet questions to: @CastanetNews
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Logitack wrote:at least you dont have to leave the warm comfort of your home ... you can watch the mayoralty forum online.... sweet!
"Foursure" Logi lol !
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Will they be saving it to view online later? I've got a birthday to attend followed by first night of a new exercise class . . . I'm not going to be able to view it live.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Lady tehMa wrote:Will they be saving it to view online later? I've got a birthday to attend followed by first night of a new exercise class . . . I'm not going to be able to view it live.
I guess that depends on how it goes Lady !
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

Lady tehMa wrote:Will they be saving it to view online later? I've got a birthday to attend followed by first night of a new exercise class . . . I'm not going to be able to view it live.

We do plan on recording it and making it available online. I expect it to show up on our YouTube channel by sometime tomorrow morning at the latest.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Castanet's Live Forum!

Post by Captain Awesome »

Watching it right now.

Isn't technology wonderful?

Thanks, Castanet for making it happen.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

i am waiting for these candidates to take to task what each are saying. perfect opportunity to show why they should be elected and not the other person!
ScottRoss
Fledgling

Post by ScottRoss »

Thank you Castanet, and if anyone is interested, after watching this 2011 forum watch where it all began, the 2005 forum:http://www.castanet.net/news/Decision-Kelowna-2005/12961/Kelowna-All-Candidates-Forum

See link on right side "Windows Media Video"
Last edited by ScottRoss on Nov 10th, 2011, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

I'm amazed how clear and smooth it is.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Nebula wrote:I'm amazed how clear and smooth it is.

You mean from the technical point of view or obvious lack of verbal slapping between candidates?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Lol. Technical point of view. The streaming is steady and clear.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

my feed is choppy, but audio is steady....

wow, walter agrees that park and beachfront should remain PUBLIC! i am shocked but happy. I will now make a copy of what he said, to play back to him should he become mayor and some development comes up whereby park or beachfront property is wanted to be developed!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Logitack wrote:my feed is choppy, but audio is steady....

wow, walter agrees that park and beachfront should remain PUBLIC! i am shocked but happy. I will now make a copy of what he said, to play back to him should he become mayor and some development comes up whereby park or beachfront property is wanted to be developed!

Ditto

I may have to learn to chirp (tweet)
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”