grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Castanet's Live Forum!

Post by grammafreddy »

From your link ...

Setback for city mayoral candidate

By Alistair Waters - Kelowna Capital News
Published: November 04, 2011 2:00 AM

Kelowna mayoral candidate Kim Ouellette says the illness that is keeping her out of public forums and from answering questionnaires during the civic election campaign was caused by a serious fall.

Ouellette, who had open heart surgery a few years ago, said she fell down a flight of stairs and hurt her sternum, which doctors were concerned could be cracked.

She was to have x-rays taken Thursday. The injury has caused her breathing problems., she said.

The two-time mayoral candidate, who garnered 24 per cent of the vote in 2008, said in order to attend election forums, she would have to take pain killers that would make her drowsy.

Earlier this week, Ouellette, who missed two mayoral all-candidates forums on Wednesday, said her illness would not interfere with her duties if she was elected mayor.

Despite her injury, Ouellette said she is staying in the race and has a Facebook page and a website with information about her campaign and contact information.

She hopes to attend the all-candidates forum in Rutland next week.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Re: Castanets Live Forum !

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Troy wrote:
Lady tehMa wrote:Will they be saving it to view online later? I've got a birthday to attend followed by first night of a new exercise class . . . I'm not going to be able to view it live.

We do plan on recording it and making it available online. I expect it to show up on our YouTube channel by sometime tomorrow morning at the latest.
It's Afternoon did Walter do that poorly ?
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

The video has finally finished being uploaded and processed on YouTube. It was a very large file and took 13+ hours to upload. Yes, I did say I expected it to be up this morning, but the upload took much longer than I thought it would. Thanks for your patience.

Castanet's Mayoral Forum Video

erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

Thanks Troy and the Castanet staff for producing this event and video and to the Streaming Cafe for hosting this event. Unfortunately, this is perhaps the last time until the next election, that our municipal politicians will be so responsive to our questions and concerns. Perhaps Castanet and the Streaming Cafe would be willing to host annual public forum/town hall meetings with our Mayor and Council based on a similar format. Years ago the District of Lake Country had regular ward town hall meetings that successfully made the Mayor and Council of the day more accountable to the public.
Thanks again for all of your efforts to inform Kelowna.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote:Before making fun of Cal, remember Rick Perry is running for president of the most powerful country on earth. I have not seen tonight's forum, but surely Cal's gaffes couldn't be as bad as Perry's mess-up last night?

Rick Perry is running for president of China?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

erinmore3775 wrote:Thanks Troy and the Castanet staff for producing this event and video and to the Streaming Cafe for hosting this event. Unfortunately, this is perhaps the last time until the next election, that our municipal politicians will be so responsive to our questions and concerns. Perhaps Castanet and the Streaming Cafe would be willing to host annual public forum/town hall meetings with our Mayor and Council based on a similar format. Years ago the District of Lake Country had regular ward town hall meetings that successfully made the Mayor and Council of the day more accountable to the public.
Thanks again for all of your efforts to inform Kelowna.

Mayor Shepherd is on Phil Johnson's radio show on 1150AM once a month (a regularily scheduled time slot) where she takes calls from residents regarding their questions and concerns.
RTH
Fledgling

Post by RTH »

After watching the streaming Mayoral forum I've come away with a new refreshed respect for Sharon. I can't take Cal serious, Walter is old news, and Ken is more of Walter. She works long hours, in the best interest of our city. If it's not broken........
Dylby

Post by Dylby »

Ken Chung wants us to have a look at his facebook page - not much there to take seriously

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Elect ... 06?sk=wall

or learn more about him at http://www.kenchung.ca - nope, nothing there either.

but he is a successful businessman..... http://www.f-cubed.ca/contactus.php

a quote from his website:
"Thank you for visiting our website. We look forward to assisting you in achieving financial freedom. Our
commitment is to provide you with best-in-class service. We are sensitive to the confidential nature of our
dealings. Please feel free to contact us with your questions or comments.

Who We Are
F-Cubed Investments Inc. is a private money management company, based in Kelowna, B.C., Canada. At F-cubed Investments Inc., we have well-structured strategic alliances with a global network of businesses, private lenders, mortgage brokers and attorneys as well as other resources. If you are searching for that exclusive solution for your financial needs, let us go to work for you.

(the small print)
This Web site is not intended as a solicitation to customers in any jurisdiction in which we are not authorized to operate. We are not Certified Financial Advisors, Securities Brokers or Stock Brokers. We are business consultants and intermediaries who provide advice to private individuals on or about business matters."

what exactly does this mean?
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

I think Sharon Shepherd is an amazing representative of our city. She is no pushover (as some would like others to believe) and she represents all citizens equally.

I remember attending a small family and friends gathering for a friend whose daughter had won an Kelowna sponsered contest. It was on a Saturday and Sharon (accompanied by her hubby) had several functions to attend that day but still made time to come to the private function because she was invited. I have seen her at other small functions as well, supporting the community members who are supporting our city.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

As I take our civic elections seriously I have watched the forum more than once trying to digest what was said and the substance of what the 2 front runners had to say.
In my opinion Walter should consider opening a dance school as he danced around every issue without giving any indication that he had insight on the issues facing our City in these times.
Sharon on the other hand was bright ,alert and showed she had a grasp of what is going on in the community.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Takin it easy ! wrote:As I take our civic elections seriously I have watched the forum more than once trying to digest what was said and the substance of what the 2 front runners had to say.
In my opinion Walter should consider opening a dance school as he danced around every issue without giving any indication that he had insight on the issues facing our City in these times.
Sharon on the other hand was bright ,alert and showed she had a grasp of what is going on in the community.

I did like Gray's response on the HOV lanes. They are "HOV Courtesy" lanes, that's it. The cops aren't going to enforce them, so what's the point of even thinking about them anymore. No need to "study" anything anymore on it Sharon, or open dialogues or whatever other phraseology she likes to use on almost every issue. I also liked Cal's response, that he would sleep in the Dept of Highways office - hilarious! Not sure why Sharon had to poke the nutty bear and ask him to expound on that thought, he had already made himself look dumb enough.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

grammafreddy wrote:Walter (as usual) tried to run the show. Sheesh.

Was it just me or was the show written for Shepherd?? It appeared she had all the data needed to rebut anything stated by the others.

I've watched counsel and she doesnt have the figures there, so why that night??
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Kenyo wrote:

Was it just me or was the show written for Shepherd?? It appeared she had all the data needed to rebut anything stated by the others.

Interesting observation Sharon is an intelligent person not all smoke and mirrors.
I have to compliment Castanet for a clean presentation as I was suspicious the tilt may have gone Walters way here !
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

Kenyo wrote:

It is called doing your homework and being prepared. Something that the arrogant Old Gray Mayor doesn't think he needs to do.

I am sure Frost (owner of Castanet and 4Change ringleader) was cringing at Walter's poor performance. Sharon ran rings around the others - not that I expected anything less.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Kenyo wrote:

I don't know for sure but the first part may have been questions the candidates had knowledge of ahead of time in order to prepare. However, the Twitter, email, etc questions could not have been screened ahead of time - they are running them live and off the cuff and flying by the seat of their pants on those. Sharon did well, didn't she?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”