Simon Shaw's Election Polls

SimonShaw
Fledgling

Re: Simon Shaw's Election Polls

Post by SimonShaw »

papafreddy wrote:Simon,

Who do you support for Mayor and Council? I want to know before me and a group of co-workers cast our Votes. I noticed you were at Walters launch party for his election. I do not believe you were at Sharons? I respect when someone can state their opinion and stick with it.

Thanks, Papa Freddy

I will be voting for Walter for various reasons. On a personal level he has treated me very well. He compliments me after each forum, telling me I have done a good job. He has been inviting and inclusive. Sharon has not... she treats me like I am running for mayor or something. Always the cold shoulder and even a somewhat defensive attack on me in twitter, after I said that we needed better and more public transit in Kelowna.

As for the other councillors, technically I will only be voting for one, me. If I checked another box, in a very distant probability universe, I could give the one vote necessary to my competitor such that they could beet me for #8 position, leaving me at #9... so the irony of voting myself out of council would be too crazy, regardless of how remote the possibility might be.

but seriously, the people I would like to work with on council would be: Robert Hobson, Luke Stack, Gail Given, and Peter McFadden... not sure about the remaining 3.
papafreddy

Simon Shaw's Election Polls

Post by papafreddy »

Simon,

I think you have a good head on your shoulders. I I respect your decision to just vote for yourself. I will likely only Vote for 4-5 Councilors. Your name will be on the list. Your background and answers the last few weeks have impressed me.

Walter is a great leader and businessman, but just in general he is a nice person to deal and interact with. He goes out of his way to help anyone and everyone.

I have had the same cold shoulder vibe from Sharon, so its interesting you should say that. I am sure she is a nice lady, but at the end of the day she had not led Council in the right direction the last two terms. I know you will take slack for you stating whom your support for Mayor, but hopefully people judge you based on your background and answers about yourself.

Vote for Simon!
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

SimonShaw wrote:
Takin it easy ! wrote:Count me in Simon you seem dedicated,honest and FourReal !

:) :) :) :)

Edit to : Changed my mind I have been mulling things over for some days now and with all due respect I have changed my position on endorsement for you Simon.
I respect the fact that you have been honest in your endorsement of Mr Gray and Mr Hobson but I simply can not vote for someone that has voiced support of these relics and now feel unsure of your motives for wanting to be on council.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

I too was considering a vote your way Simon; until your endorsement of Walter, he is the consummate rule bender, and a master at double talk. You'll find his so called understanding and concern will quickly dissipate when he gets challenged, and you most certainly will feel his ire.

So the way I see it: "birds of a feather . . ."
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Just wondering why the poll you have has been reset Simon ?
The results are dramatically altered from the previous one ?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Takin it easy ! wrote:Just wondering why the poll you have has been reset Simon ?
The results are dramatically altered from the previous one ?

The numbers on your polls, Simon, are changing direction like the wind outside my window.

What a crock of bull your polls are.

Last evening I visited them and noted how some of my choices were "doing" - today quite a few of them have zero votes - even though I voted for them last night.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

I have started the Kelowna polls again from zero, this time with restrictions to 1 vote per IP address. I will be deleting all votes from IP addresses outside Kelowna. If there are two people in a house, you can vote from a phone, so long as you are not using wi-fi.

http://okanaganpolls.ca/
Takin it easy !
Übergod

What a difference a day makes poll reset and 4change picks end up at the top of the list hmmmmmmmmmmm ?
Zimmerman was the only one that seemed to retain 1st Blanliel has moved from 10th last night to 2nd amazing !
Something stinks here !
IlluminatiDunce

Post by IlluminatiDunce »

Polls hosted by a candidate are transparent. People are in need of medical help if they think those polls are anything but manipulated. I think Shaw should spend more time creating polls and less time talking to us.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

This just goes to show ya the silliness of polls.

This one has lost all credibility. Time to take it down Simon before it costs you?

Maybe try, IF you like polls:

http://kelownavotes.com/vote/candidates/

But someone said this can be manipulated too.
papafreddy

Post by papafreddy »

Simon's Poll is the most accurate election Poll in Kelowna right now for elections. You can only vote once per IP. All others can be manipulated. No sense in having a poll where you have have an unlimited amount of votes from the same IP.

The real contenders have surfaced to the top. Its obvious.

Good work Simon way to keep it real.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

George+ wrote:This just goes to show ya the silliness of polls.

This one has lost all credibility. Time to take it down Simon before it costs you?

Maybe try, IF you like polls:

http://kelownavotes.com/vote/candidates/

But someone said this can be manipulated too.

Yup, you can do multiple votes on that one. I voted two days ago on it and again today and it registered both.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

papafreddy wrote:Simon's Poll is the most accurate election Poll in Kelowna right now for elections. You can only vote once per IP. All others can be manipulated. No sense in having a poll where you have have an unlimited amount of votes from the same IP.

The real contenders have surfaced to the top. Its obvious.

Good work Simon way to keep it real.
Excuse me Sir may I interest you in an Ocean Front lot in Regina ?
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

The previous polls did not restrict by IP. Now it does. There continues to be some cheating, feel free to guess who.

In the first poll one cheater was responsible for 297 votes for Sharon Shepard (note, it was not Sharon, I do know who though). At first I thought it was a large office of supporters, but then when it hit 297 all for one person from one IP... something had to be done... so I reset it to zero. Note that same person voted for me heavily assuming I wouldn't stop them. well now it's reset and I am in a more realistic position of 10th.

as for the four change votes rising quick, well I guess they sent the word out to vote again.

Note: monitoring this site to keep it accurate is very time consuming. I am shocked how many cheaters there are.
IlluminatiDunce

Post by IlluminatiDunce »

I'm sure it is time consuming, who knew running for council would involve so much time creating meaningless online polls, but hey if it stops politicians from knocking on my door...

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”