Why I'm NOT Voting for Walter Gray

Mtn Biker
Übergod

Re: Why I'm NOT Voting for Walter Gray

Post by Mtn Biker »

GF has been on here for a long time offering pretty good insight into most things. I can't say I've seen her resort to name calling as you do, and I don't think she joined a few weeks ago to be blow-hard for a mayor candidate that doesn't even know that Okanagan University College . . . DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

You're challenging grammafreddy (perhaps you could get the name right) to provide proof. Can you prove he wasn't involved in any backroom deals? Don't think so as most backroom deals are conducted in secrecy and hard to prove or disprove.

My son and his partners have been checking out the valley for the past 4-5 months and were following the election threads for all areas in the valley. The bickering and petty name-calling they've seen in the Kelowna thread made up their minds not to expand here. They said if what they've seen is any indication of the kind of people here, with a few noted exceptions, they'll look for someplace where folks treat each other with respect and don't demean another person.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Nov 9th, 2011, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

oneh2obabe wrote:You're challenging grammafreddy (perhaps you could get the name right) to provide proof, can you prove he wasn't involved in any backroom deals? Don't think so as most backroom deals are conducted in secrecy and hard to prove or disprove.

My son and his partners have been following the election threads for all areas in the valley and the bickering and petty name-calling they've seen in the Kelowna thread made up their minds not to expand here.

That saddens me. Could I interest them in establishing their expansion in Rutland?

Thanks for the support.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

We'll see. Told them to take their time, think it through and hold off any final decision until after the election.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Kathy73

Post by Kathy73 »

oneh2obabe wrote:You're challenging grammafreddy (perhaps you could get the name right) to provide proof. Can you prove he wasn't involved in any backroom deals? Don't think so as most backroom deals are conducted in secrecy and hard to prove or disprove.

My son and his partners have been checking out the valley for the past 4-5 months and were following the election threads for all areas in the valley. The bickering and petty name-calling they've seen in the Kelowna thread made up their minds not to expand here. They said if what they've seen is any indication of the kind of people here, with a few noted exceptions, they'll look for someplace where folks treat each other with respect and don't demean another person.

So if these back door deals are so secretive how would grammafreddy have any knowledge of them? She keeps alluding to the fact they were going on, how does she know of such things going on? Please tell us grammafreddy.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Kathy73 wrote:So if these back door deals are so secretive how would grammafreddy have any knowledge of them? She keeps alluding to the fact they were going on, how does she know of such things going on? Please tell us grammafreddy.

Aw c'mon, everybody hears the whispers about backroom deals ... the hard part is proving or disproving them.

EdCase
Board Meister

Post by EdCase »

oneh2obabe wrote:You're challenging grammafreddy (perhaps you could get the name right) to provide proof. Can you prove he wasn't involved in any backroom deals? Don't think so as most backroom deals are conducted in secrecy and hard to prove or disprove.

Welcome to Kelowna, the city that just can't let go of its small-town attitudes and ways of doing things. I can understand your son's reaction; they'd be well-advised to look elsewhere if they want to live and work in a vibrant community that shows respect and nurturing for all members of its society.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane
Marcus Aurelius
hereiamagain
Übergod

Post by hereiamagain »

Sharon signed a Pro abortion proclamation and then signed ant abortion proclamation. Wow that's making a stand!

I don't think the mayor needs to make a stand other than representing all citizens. Appears to me that she did that. The mayor's office is not a preacher's pulpit.

Not voting Gray.

edited to add:
I've just read the pages on this topic.... does anyone else think that pacific capital is part of the fourchange group? I say this because of the following quote:
There is a few really good current Councilors. We do need to get rid of the flaky ones though.

Plus the reference to the downtown core businesses who are not happy with Sharon.... if they are unhappy they should say so - and say why... otherwise, those comments are just bluster and blow.
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

I would not vote for Walter Gray because he doesn’t represent me. Me as in the sense of what I value. Here is why. Wally, as I have now decided to call him, is a very clever and subtle individual. And he is well aware that the art of communication is fraught with discrepancy and misdirection, and Wally is a pro at it. I mean literally a professional radio personality. He’s able to say things that can have two meanings and using clever dictation as a means of getting what he wants without telling anyone what they will actually get in return, this is his best asset. That is how you become successful in the media business. They sell air folks, air. Second, I believe Wally purposefully and thoughtfully chose the term “leadership” as his mantra because he really wanted to say “a man can do a better job as mayor than a woman”, but of course that wouldn’t be politically correct. His message is, a man in charge will take charge and get stuff done. And a petite, soft spoke woman can’t. And that is so old school it’s *bleep* and why I also think people brought in by this . Wally’s buddies at fourchange are land owners downtown who didn’t get to cash in because of CD21. They’re *bleep* at Sharon and current council for fouling up their millions to be made plan. It’s just that simple. If people can’t see this, than how can you help them? They’re blind or don’t care or are one of them. It wasn’t the intent of council to slight or renege on anything, CD21 was just a lousy plan for the greater majority and a super sweet deal for this Milroy chap and his contemporaries. I say, rather than a Wally World, equality and a voice among all is what a city representative should encompass. What happens to me if I am not part of Wally’s World, by choice or happenstance? I guess I am SOL. And here in lies the difference. Wally has continually shown, previously and recently in his actions and his remarks that he clearly represents a “particular” group of people, and some will be left out in the cold. He stated he doesn’t think everyone is suited to be on council and there should be a pre-selection and discrimination process. That says to me, that Wally judges people and makes decisions based on these judgements without the true and best skill of communication used, and that’s active listening. So how can he really represent a city with such diversity, when he openly states he has judgements? I know Sharon and anything said of her other than that she is completely open and engaging, utterly honest, has outstanding listening skills and compassion, doesn’t know her and is making crap up. And it’s Wally opinion that this makes her weak and not “forceful” enough to lead. Seriously folks, this is such a crock of bull. Around the world trends are being established where democracy isn’t so prevalent, that shows thoughtful, encompassing leadership is way better than a smooth talking old man who is yesterday’s news. Unfortunately for many and credit to Wally, he has the knack to sound like a prince, while hiding his true agenda and prejudices, and you’ll never know you’re on the outside until it’s too late. He doesn’t have the (put in whatever you want here) to answer questions asked. It will be a close race only because Wally is good at persuasion, and people are gullible. I am not voting for Wally because he is above me in his mind and his actions demonstrate this attitude and why would I vote for someone who thinks I am beneath them.
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

I won't vote for Gray either he is connected at the hip to all those developers
and special interests that want to do as they please regardless of what the
rest of the community thinks. He stands a arms length from the four change
group. He is in fact their fearless leader, and there are some on the present
council that will humbly follow him as well. In my personal opinion the four
change group is the smoke cover that comes across the landscape just before
the major attack. Unfortunately the attacked will be the average voter in
this community. I won't support four change, and I won't support Walter and
his buddies. I have problems with some already on council but this is a
ruse like never before even for this town.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

That's how I see it, too, grumpy.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

"Grumpy" and "Biker" have accurately articulated my concerns with the election Walter Gray as mayor. I do not believe a return to a narrow minded approach to development and social values is the key to Kelowna's future over the next few years. I look forward to new faces and new leadership on Council. I do not see a return of "Gray leadership" as the way Kelowna should be going. I for one, am not prepared to go backwards. Four Change is not the answer, neither is Walter Gray.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
EdCase
Board Meister

Post by EdCase »

erinmore3775 wrote:"Grumpy" and "Biker" have accurately articulated my concerns with the election Walter Gray as mayor. I do not believe a return to a narrow minded approach to development and social values is the key to Kelowna's future over the next few years. I look forward to new faces and new leadership on Council. I do not see a return of "Gray leadership" as the way Kelowna should be going. I for one, am not prepared to go backwards. Four Change is not the answer, neither is Walter Gray.

Completely agree!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane
Marcus Aurelius
chloeskates

Post by chloeskates »

EdCase wrote:
erinmore3775 wrote:"Grumpy" and "Biker" have accurately articulated my concerns with the election Walter Gray as mayor. I do not believe a return to a narrow minded approach to development and social values is the key to Kelowna's future over the next few years. I look forward to new faces and new leadership on Council. I do not see a return of "Gray leadership" as the way Kelowna should be going. I for one, am not prepared to go backwards. Four Change is not the answer, neither is Walter Gray.

Completely agree!

I also agree- well said!
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

I just read in the Kelowna forum that housing was allowed to be built on Knox Mountain Park.....that occurred during Walters time. Just another reason why I am NOT voting for Walter...SMH

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”