Simon Shaw Has My Vote Because He's Done Nothing

IlluminatiDunce

Simon Shaw Has My Vote Because He's Done Nothing

Post by IlluminatiDunce »

Simon Shaw has my vote, he's shown his work ethic, and it's exactly what I want in a councillor, someone who wants to get paid but do no work in return. Shaw has no election signs (which means no work), he has done and promises to continue to do no doorknocking (which means no work), and he wants my vote, well he's got it. I know he won't ask because he's busy with creating a poll on dogs vs cats, but I ask you to vote for someone who won't do anything but wants to get paid.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Simon Shaw Has My Vote Because He's Done Nothing

Post by TimmyE »

Is it just me, but in the last few days I have been getting e-mails from Mr. Shaw's business at my business.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

TimmyE wrote:Is it just me, but in the last few days I have been getting e-mails from Mr. Shaw's business at my business.

Please provide a screen cap of these emails in the last few days.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

IlluminatiDunce wrote: wants to get paid.

I'll be taking a pay cut if I win a council position... so it's not any additional money for me.
watchingfromthesidelines

Post by watchingfromthesidelines »

SimonShaw wrote:
IlluminatiDunce wrote: wants to get paid.

I'll be taking a pay cut if I win a council position... so it's not any additional money for me.

SIMON, I just have to post even though you won't "hear" a word I'm saying. You have made a mockery of this election - reading your other "Poll forums" and understanding that you are in it for YOU. I know several of the other candidates, they are hard working indiduals who are in this election because they believe they can offer Kelowna something to make it better. You on the other hand, see it as an opportunity to gain business for your own interests and if you win, so be it, at least you didn't have to do anything but set up some polls to gain name recognition. I don't post alot on here but I read alot, and I am very actively involved in hiring within Kelowna. You make me sad that you think it's ok to sit back, and let other people come to you through your polls and that you don't have to work for any of it. The sad part is, you will probably get a lot of votes because you've cluttered up the list and other good candidates are going to lose votes because of that. Kelowna is a small place Simon. As you said, you may not get in this time but you are getting your name out there for next time. Let me tell you, the name you're getting out there is NOT helping you now or in the future. BY THE WAY, if you don't put up signs, and you don't do brochures or door knocking or incur any costs that I see, WHY ARE YOU asking for donations to your election campaign? Another way of making money? (PS:for those who don't know what this pertains to, see Forum titled: Simon Shaws Election Polls- he doesn't door knock, but lets the other candidates send people his way through his polls - In his words, how many campaigns are profitable - guess he's found the golden egg.)
Last edited by watchingfromthesidelines on Nov 13th, 2011, 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Simon.

Have lots of respect for your campaign but... for the last time

be wise enough now to take the poll down, and just say it was too open to hacking/misuse??

OR just leave it as a reminder of all the candidates names, without voting??
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

If I voted for candidates who knocked on my door, I would not be voting for anyone. Maybe I should vote for candidates who said they are "Green" but cluttered the streets with posters and pamphlets at my door step, although I suppose they are supporting recycling. I don't believe how a candidate chooses to campaign is as important as their views on subjects and past actions.

Either way your best bet is to read their websites, attend forums, respond to questions. do your DD and talk to the candidates face to face at the forums.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
watchingfromthesidelines

by SimonShaw » Today, 9:25 am

Meaningless? I have over 1,000 people a day visiting the site, you can't buy that kinda traffic. And yes I hate when people knock on my door, it annoys me, so I won't do it to others.

The point to this campaign was to market myself online, having my idea going viral and having other candidates direct their followers to my site... pretty cool... If I get in, it could define a new way to campaign.Simon Shaw
Vote Simon Shaw for Kelowna City Councillor on November 19th, 2011.
www.simonshaw.ca | [email protected]
SimonShaw
Fledgling

GENESIS- just to be clear, its not the door knocking that made me upset, its the fact that Simon is running a poll; Under the guise of doing the electorate a favor, when in fact, he is using it for his own personal gain. See above statement. We don't need opportunists in Council, we have enough of them through other channels.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

watchingfromthesidelines wrote:
SIMON, I just have to post even though you won't "hear" a word I'm saying. You have made a mockery of this election - reading your other "Poll forums" and understanding that you are in it for YOU. I know several of the other candidates, they are hard working indiduals who are in this election because they believe they can offer Kelowna something to make it better. You on the other hand, see it as an opportunity to gain business for your own interests and if you win, so be it, at least you didn't have to do anything but set up some polls to gain name recognition. I don't post alot on here but I read alot, and I am very actively involved in hiring within Kelowna. You make me sad that you think it's ok to sit back, and let other people come to you through your polls and that you don't have to work for any of it. The sad part is, you will probably get a lot of votes because you've cluttered up the list and other good candidates are going to lose votes because of that. Kelowna is a small place Simon. As you said, you may not get in this time but you are getting your name out there for next time. Let me tell you, the name you're getting out there is NOT helping you now or in the future. BY THE WAY, if you don't put up signs, and you don't do brochures or door knocking or incur any costs that I see, WHY ARE YOU asking for donations to your election campaign? Another way of making money? (PS:for those who don't know what this pertains to, see Forum titled: Simon Shaws Election Polls- he doesn't door knock, but lets the other candidates send people his way through his polls - In his words, how many campaigns are profitable - guess he's found the golden egg.)

I have spent money on online advertising. I have not received any donations. I am not doing signs because I don't feel the are effective. With online advertising, people can click on the ad which leads them to my site for further information. You can't click on a street sign. As for not door knocking, again, its just a choice. I go to plenty of events where I meet people, I am active in the community in various groups. I volunteer... all those people know who I really am because they see me frequently and they know the work I can do. I am relying on those people to vote for me and to spread the word. I believe it is the most powerful form of marketing. Signs are the least powerful and most costly, plus they are environmentally bad and they are an eye sore.
SimonShaw
Fledgling

Post by SimonShaw »

George+ wrote:Simon.

Have lots of respect for your campaign but... for the last time

be wise enough now to take the poll down, and just say it was too open to hacking/misuse??

OR just leave it as a reminder of all the candidates names, without voting??

It's down :(
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

GENESIS- just to be clear, its not the door knocking that made me upset, its the fact that Simon is running a poll; Under the guise of doing the electorate a favor, when in fact, he is using it for his own personal gain. See above statement. We don't need opportunists in Council, we have enough of them through other channels.

I suppose we will see your comments against the other opportunist running polls on their website, unless you just wanted to make a point reference Simon, for some reason.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
watchingfromthesidelines

GenesisGT - If they are benefiting by riding on the coattails of other candidates hard work, then absolutely I will. We should be focusing on what's best for Kelowna and ensuring we elect the best candidates fit for that job, not ones that are looking to build their own businesses at the same time.

The only thing I really care about is that Kelowna elects a council that will look after all of our interests today and into the future. Have a good night.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

IlluminatiDunce wrote: Shaw has no election signs (which means no work), he has done and promises to continue to do no doorknocking (which means no work), and he wants my vote, well he's got it.

Well, if he was running for City Chief Doorknocker position or Sign Trustee then his lack of signs would definitely speak volumes about his qualifications. Fortunately, it's not the case.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
IlluminatiDunce

Post by IlluminatiDunce »

It's called work ethic, but you know that because it was featured in episode 13 of season 14 of the simpsons. If he's not doing anything to win, what will he do if he wins.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

IlluminatiDunce wrote:It's called work ethic

I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions about how to judge somebody's competency. Yours happens to be pretty dumb.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”