HEU weighs in

Carmencat
Übergod

HEU weighs in

Post by Carmencat »

Hmm, I just got a pamphlet and letter in the mail from HEU telling me who to vote for on Nov 19th.

I haven't belonged to HEU since June of 2007, but they continue to send me mail (what a waste of paper and postage, but then they do have a lot of money). I did belong to HEU from 1998 to 2007. Not once during that time did I ever recieve mail telling me who to vote for in a municipal election. Or as it says on the envelope above my name: 'Vote for labour endorsed candidates on November 19th.'

So for anyone wondering who the HEU endorses, here is the list:
Colin Basran
William Gow
Tisha Kalmanovitch (that one was a given)
Mohini Singh

The only one I was considering possibly was Mohini Singh. Sorry, Mohini - you are off my list now.
Last edited by Carmencat on Nov 14th, 2011, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe T

Re: HEU WEIGHS IN

Post by Joe T »

WOW_ that appears to be propaganda at its best! I will not have any of these people on my list either!
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

I wonder if these people who are running, are aware of the list? My first inclination would be to find out that out first, rather than writing them all off...and what's wrong with a little balance. I'm sure there are businesses out there throwing their support behind certain candidates. Just sayin...
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

coffeeFreak wrote:I wonder if these people who are running, are aware of the list? My first inclination would be to find out that out first, rather than writing them all off...and what's wrong with a little balance. I'm sure there are businesses out there throwing their support behind certain candidates. Just sayin...

The letter says that the candidates have been "endorsed by your local labour council, usually after they have been interviewed about a range of labour issues". The enclosed poll card listing their choices has been prepared by the Candian Labour Congress, according to the letter.

It seems unlikely that someone would get such a high level endorsement without their knowledge. One does wonder though - what would a candidates recourse be if they were endosed against their knowledge or wishes? I know Zimmerman said he really didn't care about 4Change's endorsement, but he didn't turn it down either.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

well, seems like the union movement has a disagreement on who they endorse....on at least two of their endorsements anyway

CUPE Local 338 are endorsing the following candidates:
- Colin Basran - Kelowna City Council
- Graeme James- Kelowna City Council
- Larry Gray - Kelowna School Trustee
- Will Gow - Kelowna City Council

btw, did you all get the "Committee for Kelowna Citizens" endorsements?

• Mary -Ann Graham
  • Tisha Kalmanovitch
  • Angela Reid-Nagy
  • Michele Rule
  • Mohini Singh
  • Charlie Hodge
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

Interesting. CUPE is endorsing all men. HEU two women and two men. Wonder if it has anything to do with HEU having a higher percentage of women than men members (I assume).

All of these endorsements are becoming rather comical.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

whats wrong with this picture, two unions and a group of businesses endorsing the same candidates? how did THAT happen?

CUPE endorses Basran, James
HEU endorses Basran
Fourchange endorses Basran, James
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

Logitack wrote:whats wrong with this picture, two unions and a group of businesses endorsing the same candidates? how did THAT happen?

CUPE endorses Basran, James
HEU endorses Basran
Fourchange endorses Basran, James

Hmm, maybe in his 'interviews' with labour and with 4Change, he is telling each what they want to hear?
Joe T

Post by Joe T »

This is a perfect example of "YES MEN" they tell these groups exactly what they want to hear. Basran has this down to a science. Try to speak with him without his family or friends around and the guy is like a lost puppy. I believe he was endorsed by 4 change because his boss ( on the 4 change steering committee) probably told him he had to. Could be he was threatened by a rolled up news paper to the nose.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

well this is an interesting endorsement list from the Okanagan Mission Resident Association
http://www.omra.ca/newsletters/Election2011.pdf

Mayor: Shepherd
Councillors: Hobson, Graham, Rule, Zimmermann, James, Hodge, Herrington, Craig, DeHart, Stack, Reid-Nagy
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Gee ... I feel left out. Nobody ever sends me mail telling me what to do :(
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
mountainmama
Fledgling

Post by mountainmama »

gramma freddy -- be careful of what you wish for. :dyinglaughing:

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”