Colin Basran Doesn't Live In Kelowna

normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Colin Basran Doesn't Live In Kelowna

Post by normaM »

Chris Brown 66 wrote:I would love to see a council made up of Sharon Sheppard, Mary-Ann Graham, Michelle Rule, Charlie Hodge, Bobby Kenedy, Luke Stack Graham James,Shane Herrington,Robert Hobson. They all live in Kelowna and dont just belong to organizations but help with the nitty gritty work for them.. A good diverse council from all areas of Kelowna. With both gender and age equality

And this was posted elsewhere by another User - hmmm.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
igaloo

Post by igaloo »

Supported by opposing interests... last time I checked they kinda both need each other. If Colin can bridge the two extremes and solidify himself in the center, I think it is a good move. A bit of both wouldn't be the worse.
kldt

Post by kldt »

Saw an ad for Colin Basran that says something like this :
I was born and raised in Kelowna, I LOVE THIS CITY.
So why doesn't he live in this city?
And you can't vote in Kelowna if you don't live in Kelowna right?
So does that mean he can't vote for himself? Good, one less vote for Colin.
igaloo

Post by igaloo »

kldt wrote:Saw an ad for Colin Basran that says something like this :
I was born and raised in Kelowna, I LOVE THIS CITY.
So why doesn't he live in this city?
And you can't vote in Kelowna if you don't live in Kelowna right?
So does that mean he can't vote for himself? Good, one less vote for Colin.

Ok, if you are going to comment on something like this... shouldn't you at least read the posts!? I think he explained the whole situation weeks ago. He moved there so that his wife can commute to work at Penticton (hospital there) but now that she works in KGH they are moving back and the home is for sale. He works in Kelowna, he spends most of his social time out here... how can people even try to 'get' the guy for that?? Besides, he is one of the few who were actually born here. What if that was a requirement to run for city council? How many candidates would we have then? Lets move on from this time consuming issue that shines zero light on his character.
chrismonroe

Post by chrismonroe »

I have been a lurker here for years and have avoided adding my 5 cents but this topic makes me crazy! Basran doesn't live here! He should be running where he does live OVER IN WEST KELOWNA! I know his fourgreed partners are behind his supposed support on this web site and i'll probably be banned but i don't care. The tax payers over here IN KELOWNA do care where our candidates loyalties are that are going to be making decision that effect US because they won't effect him. I'm sure he's a nice man but i won't be voting for him because of that one issue. The other issue is the slate he belongs to. They will come a knocking to collect on a favor!
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

chrismonroe wrote:I have been a lurker here for years and have avoided adding my 5 cents but this topic makes me crazy! Basran doesn't live here! He should be running where he does live OVER IN WEST KELOWNA! I know his fourgreed partners are behind his supposed support on this web site and i'll probably be banned but i don't care. The tax payers over here IN KELOWNA do care where our candidates loyalties are that are going to be making decision that effect US because they won't effect him. I'm sure he's a nice man but i won't be voting for him because of that one issue. The other issue is the slate he belongs to. They will come a knocking to collect on a favor!
Hi Chris welcome to the forums I think you have a pretty good take on things !
Dont be shy around here !
Last edited by Takin it easy ! on Nov 18th, 2011, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

chrismonroe wrote:I have been a lurker here for years and have avoided adding my 5 cents but this topic makes me crazy! Basran doesn't live here! He should be running where he does live OVER IN WEST KELOWNA! I know his fourgreed partners are behind his supposed support on this web site and i'll probably be banned but i don't care. The tax payers over here IN KELOWNA do care where our candidates loyalties are that are going to be making decision that effect US because they won't effect him. I'm sure he's a nice man but i won't be voting for him because of that one issue. The other issue is the slate he belongs to. They will come a knocking to collect on a favor!

I agree and it's nice for him and his supporters to keep saying that he is planning to move here but whos to say his house is going to sell quickly. If he can't vote here how can he run here. My husband was unaware of this but after discussing the candidates last night I am happy to say he won't be voting for him either.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

Yeah, I want to be on city council but my plan is to win the lottery and then move to Kelowna. I can't blame Colin that much because it is allowed under the law. Them are the rules. And what if he doesn't sell within the next three years? Maybe Victoria should be pressed to change the law because I don't think it's right.
greenmile

Post by greenmile »

EdCase wrote:This from Colin Basran's website:

Giving back to the community is important to me. I’ve organized my own annual charity golf tournament to raise money for the Kelowna General Hospital Foundation. I’ve also done fundraising work in the past for the ALS Foundation of British Columbia. I’m a member of the Kelowna Young Professionals Task Force, formed by the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Commission to help attract and retain young professionals in the area. I am also active with GenNext, a youth branch of the local United Way that helps out with various charity events whenever possible.

How many of us can say we've been this active in helping our community?

He's got my vote and all you young voters should vote for him
beachday

Post by beachday »

greenmile wrote:

Giving back to the community is important to me. I’ve organized my own annual charity golf tournament to raise money for the Kelowna General Hospital Foundation. I’ve also done fundraising work in the past for the ALS Foundation of British Columbia. I’m a member of the Kelowna Young Professionals Task Force, formed by the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Commission to help attract and retain young professionals in the area. I am also active with GenNext, a youth branch of the local United Way that helps out with various charity events whenever possible.

I have already voted for him!! :sunshine:
Takin it easy !
Übergod

beachday wrote:
greenmile wrote:

Thats too bad beach have you ever actually met the man ?
beachday

Post by beachday »

Takin it easy ! wrote:
beachday wrote:
greenmile wrote:

Thats too bad beach have you ever actually met the man ?

Why is that too bad? I did meet him a a forum last week and was quite impressed by him.
commonsense65

Post by commonsense65 »

This guy is telling any group he supports them!! He's on every bandwagon in town to garner votes!! Lets see how he delivers if he does get a seat lol
Takin it easy !
Übergod

commonsense65 wrote:This guy is telling any group he supports them!! He's on every bandwagon in town to garner votes!! Lets see how he delivers if he does get a seat lol
Agreed ! and if you think Andre is arrogant and snooty just wait until this boy gets a little bored in chamber !
chrismonroe

Post by chrismonroe »

Takin it easy ! wrote:
commonsense65 wrote:This guy is telling any group he supports them!! He's on every bandwagon in town to garner votes!! Lets see how he delivers if he does get a seat lol
Agreed ! and if you think Andre is arrogant and snooty just wait until this boy gets a little bored in chamber !

Too late, he's already arrogant and smug. I really hope this arrogant i'm better than you little man doesn't get in.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”