Why I Am NOT Voting for Sharon

justlooking4work

Re: Why I Am NOT Voting for Sharon

Post by justlooking4work »

OMG if sharron gets elected I am moving to the westside. Their WILL be a new council and how can she be expected to manage a new team? Honestly. I think she has punished Kelowna enuff for one politician.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

Shes gotmy vote, if only to keep Grey out. She may not be a mouth peice , but she knows how to get things done.
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by UnknownResident »

motorhomebabe wrote:Shes gotmy vote, if only to keep Grey out. She may not be a mouth peice , but she knows how to get things done.

I believe the issue most have with her is that she does not know how to get much done....
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

chloeskates wrote:
justlooking4work wrote:I will also be Voting for Walter Gray, he is a Great Mayor! I just wish I could vote twice!! :nyah:

-Bryan

LOL- you're very funny- I enjoy the sarcasm. Walter Gray was a horrible mayor- crime soared, inappropriate development was passed all over, infrastructure and social issues were ignored, he made derogatory comments towards gay people, the homeless, and women, was lazy and extremely arrogant. And no- the man can't be trusted- he's a puppet for the development community and only has his own (and his few friends) interests at heart. Walter Gray a great mayor- ha- too funny.

5 posts in and I like you already.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Kathy73

Post by Kathy73 »

chloeskates wrote:
justlooking4work wrote:I will also be Voting for Walter Gray, he is a Great Mayor! I just wish I could vote twice!! :nyah:

-Bryan

LOL- you're very funny- I enjoy the sarcasm. Walter Gray was a horrible mayor- crime soared, inappropriate development was passed all over, infrastructure and social issues were ignored, he made derogatory comments towards gay people, the homeless, and women, was lazy and extremely arrogant. And no- the man can't be trusted- he's a puppet for the development community and only has his own (and his few friends) interests at heart. Walter Gray a great mayor- ha- too funny.

Chloeskates,
Is this someone whose "lazy" to you?

I think more than anything a person’s track record speaks for itself. Here are just a few of the accomplishments Walter Gray has achieved in the City of Kelowna.

Walter Gray’s service for his community began in 1975 when he was the Founding Director for the Kelowna Snowfest Committee. Between 1975 to 1998, he served as President of the Okanagan Neurological Association.

President of the BC Association of Broadcasters, President of the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce, President of the Kelowna/Kasugai Sister CityAssociation, Director of Telefilm Canada, Chairman of the Okanagan University College Bold Horizons. Director of the Okanagan Film Commission, and currently as Director of BC Transit, Member of Premier Campbell’s Task Force on Homelessness, Mental Illness and Addictions, and Member of the BC Achievement Awards Advisory Panel.

In 1986, Walter Gray was elected as City Councillor for the City of Kelowna and served until 1990. In 1996, he was elected Mayor for his first of three consecutive 3-year terms, being re-elected in 1999 and 2002.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Kathy73 wrote:
Chloeskates,

I think more than anything a person’s track record speaks for itself. Here are just a few of the accomplishments Walter Gray has achieved in the City of Kelowna.

Walter Gray’s service for his community began in 1975 when he was the Founding Director for the Kelowna Snowfest Committee. Between 1975 to 1998, he served as President of the Okanagan Neurological Association.

President of the BC Association of Broadcasters, President of the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce, President of the Kelowna/Kasugai Sister CityAssociation, Director of Telefilm Canada, Chairman of the Okanagan University College Bold Horizons. Director of the Okanagan Film Commission, and currently as Director of BC Transit, Member of Premier Campbell’s Task Force on Homelessness, Mental Illness and Addictions, and Member of the BC Achievement Awards Advisory Panel.

In 1986, Walter Gray was elected as City Councillor for the City of Kelowna and served until 1990. In 1996, he was elected Mayor for his first of three consecutive 3-year terms, being re-elected in 1999 and 2002.

My list of accomplishments reads something like that, too. But I was never arrogant enough to think I was the only one who ever did anything. I usually credited my board, executive and team of workers and volunteers for anything the organization did. With Walter, it is "I did". The hell HE did.

And ... I sure as hell wouldn't be doing much bragging right about now about any association with Gordon Campbell, either.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Kathy73

Post by Kathy73 »

grammafreddy wrote:
Kathy73 wrote:
Chloeskates,

My list of accomplishments reads something like that, too. But I was never arrogant enough to think I was the only one who ever did anything. I usually credited my board, executive and team of workers and volunteers for anything the organization did. With Walter, it is "I did". The hell HE did.

And ... I sure as hell wouldn't be doing much bragging right about now about any association with Gordon Campbell, either.

GF, you are too funny...ha,ha,ha!! What a joke!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Kathy73 wrote:
GF, you are too funny...ha,ha,ha!! What a joke!

I aim to amuse.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
justlooking4work

Vote for Jobs and Action. We need Kelowna open for Business. Walter Gray for Mayor :)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Since when is Kelowna closed for business right now? Do you mean, we need to irrevokably change the downtown core with towering highrises for the benefit of the few?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Queen K wrote:Since when is Kelowna closed for business right now? Do you mean, we need to irrevokably change the downtown core with towering highrises for the benefit of the few?

Actually, towering highrises would benefit more people per square foot (based on footprint).........it is simply a more efficient way of housing people. We cannot keep thinking that we can house people in the manner in which we grew up. Living in the most beautiful spot in Canada with the large lots and acreages of Glenmore in decades past is not sustainable. Or more accurately, it has already proven to be unsustainable.

People tend to use the anti-capitalist rhetoric of benefiting the few, big bad developers, etc. without thinking that this actually is a better, more efficient, greener, and cheaper way of housing our fellow residents.
You and 71 others Like this post
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

LANDM wrote:
Queen K wrote:Since when is Kelowna closed for business right now? Do you mean, we need to irrevokably change the downtown core with towering highrises for the benefit of the few?

Actually, towering highrises would benefit more people per square foot (based on footprint).........it is simply a more efficient way of housing people. We cannot keep thinking that we can house people in the manner in which we grew up. Living in the most beautiful spot in Canada with the large lots and acreages of Glenmore in decades past is not sustainable. Or more accurately, it has already proven to be unsustainable.

People tend to use the anti-capitalist rhetoric of benefiting the few, big bad developers, etc. without thinking that this actually is a better, more efficient, greener, and cheaper way of housing our fellow residents.

That might be true, but we have a choice if that is something we would like to see our city become. I don't. If I want to live in a concrete jungle I'd head to Van. No thanks. Not saying you're not right about economy of scale and such, just saying it's ugly, and certainly something I'd never vote for.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

justlooking4work wrote:Vote for Jobs and Action. We need Kelowna open for Business. Walter Gray for Mayor :)

This is a paid political message. Adjust your set if you want to dial in some truth and honesty.
Black Daisies
Board Meister

Post by Black Daisies »

LANDM wrote:

That's not entirely true. While more people can live in towering highrises, their energy consumption per single residency is higher. This is because of the lighting required, elevators use up a lot of electricity, more spaces to heat (hallways etc), the plumbing required to bring the water up to all the floors. Who's going to live in these highrises anyways? Just go along Sunset and you'll see a couple of building lots where the developer backed out. Is that what our downtown core is going to look like when all this crazy not-well thought out development gets approved by Walter and the boys?
justlooking4work

kelowna_lawyers wrote:I am not a Real Estate Lawyer, and also happen to be gay! It is a shame that a smear campaign has been attempted by a small few against Walter as I can assure you IT IS NOT the view of the community. Walter is as trusted as they come and has the votes of the majority. Walter Gray will be Kelowna's next mayor this is certain.

I agree!

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”