Why I'm NOT Voting for Walter Gray

chloeskates

Re: Why I'm NOT Voting for Walter Gray

Post by chloeskates »

Why I'm not voting for Gray- he was a horrible mayor- he was in the pockets of the development community, ignored infrastructure and social issues, crime soared under him, he was lazy and arrogant, inappropriate development was passed, and he made derogatory comments towards gay people, women, and the homeless. If he gets in, we'll be 'lead' by a man with views from the 1950s... awesome.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

chloeskates wrote:Why I'm not voting for Gray- he was a horrible mayor- he was in the pockets of the development community, ignored infrastructure and social issues, crime soared under him, he was lazy and arrogant, inappropriate development was passed, and he made derogatory comments towards gay people, women, and the homeless. If he gets in, we'll be 'lead' by a man with views from the 1950s... awesome.

:rate10:
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Logitack wrote:I just read in the Kelowna forum that housing was allowed to be built on Knox Mountain Park.....that occurred during Walters time. Just another reason why I am NOT voting for Walter...SMH

Actually that development on Knox was started in the middle to late 80's before Walt's tenure . . . but please keep not voting for him.
justlooking4work

Post by justlooking4work »

Go Walter Go! Let's get Kelowna Open for Business.
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

unbiased2 wrote:
Logitack wrote:I just read in the Kelowna forum that housing was allowed to be built on Knox Mountain Park.....that occurred during Walters time. Just another reason why I am NOT voting for Walter...SMH

Actually that development on Knox was started in the middle to late 80's before Walt's tenure . . . but please keep not voting for him.

Uh no. Someone tried to develope it but it didn't go through. Council could have bought it for something like a million dollars but didn't. I use to hike up there all the time since the late 80s and started to notice the stakes in the ground for development and quit going as it was too sad. That was under the old Gray mayor.
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

justlooking4work wrote:Go Walter Go! Let's get Kelowna Open for Business.

Kelowna was never closed for business. What kind of work are you looking for anyhow?
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Pookybear wrote:

Kelowna was never closed for business. What kind of work are you looking for anyhow?

Save your effort Pooky . . . this person is just a Wally wanna b and trolling the same stuff on ever thread.
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

I think the largest private employer left this town under walters watch. So much for his record attracting good business.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

There are at least 10 people on the pedestrian bridge right now waving at traffic and holding Walter Gray signs. Now I have to listen to this constant stream of honking....
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Pookybear wrote:
unbiased2 wrote:

Uh no. Someone tried to develope it but it didn't go through. Council could have bought it for something like a million dollars but didn't. I use to hike up there all the time since the late 80s and started to notice the stakes in the ground for development and quit going as it was too sad. That was under the old Gray mayor.

I hate to belabor this point and it's kinda off topic, but Mount Royal (pre 1980's) a mature development; Mount Royal West (late 1980's 'til present) home construction started in 1990; High Pointe (mid-2000's 'til present), all are on Knox Mountain. Walter's tenure: 1996-2005.

So I guess Pook you're right, if you're referring only to the purchase of land pre-High Pointe development above Mount Royal.
landlady1

Post by landlady1 »

FYI...pacificcapital has a very specific reason for voting for Walter...too bad he wasn't honest about the fact that he is Walter's son.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

landlady1 wrote:FYI...pacificcapital has a very specific reason for voting for Walter...too bad he wasn't honest about the fact that he is Walter's son.

EXACTLY . . . honesty is not high on the Gray list of qualities. He lied at the Castanet forum, was called on it, but still refused to clarify his answer. Why are people in this town so blind to what this man is truly about? He is about his kind, the like minded folks who think like him, judge people for their beliefs, and then discount them if they don't hold to his values. Like having his son post a bunch of bio's spouting off like he's the real McCoy . . . it's just so pathetic to see what Family Gray will do to get bored old daddy back in a job.
Kel6508

Post by Kel6508 »

Maybe you should get you facts straight. The crime rate is down as reported by our chief of Police a few weeks back. How long have you been part of the forums on Castanet? Looks like you just joined for the upcoming election. Sounds like your in Walters back pocket? I haven't decided on my candidate for mayor but it wont be Gray. I work for the City of Kelowna and in Walters time as mayor our contract talks went badly. He would never meet with us and here our requests.

He is not very open at the forums he has attended. Like others have stated he dodges questions and blames the present council. That is not the kind of person I want running this City.

Why I'm NOT Voting for Walter Gray!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

http://www.am1150.ca/News/Local/Story.aspx?ID=1571139

Walter Gray wants to shift focus away from civic proclamations.
11/14/2011

The issue of proclamations remains a hot button topic for one mayoral candidate in Kelowna.

Walter Gray refusing to say one way or the other where he personally stands on the issue.

"When elected, I will consult with my new council to get their viewson what they think their new mayor should do. I will then make my decision."

When asked what his views would be on the issue, before turning to council for direction...

"While it's very important to many people that I determine an answer, it's absolutely important to this community that we focus on the local economy and jobs, transit, public safety and many other issues that affect our daily lives and our taxes."

In 1997, The BC Human Rights Tribunal found Gray was discriminatory in his refusal to add the word "pride" in his Gay and Lesbian Day proclamation.

He responded by putting an end to civic proclamations.

Hayley Cooper - Kelowna

So, Mr Gray, if your council votes to make all proclamations, that's going to place you in a bit of a quandary, isn't it?

All or none.

Will you be a "team player" and go with majority rules even though it is against your religious views, or will you arbitrarily defy your council, go against our democratic system and decide to make none?

Do you think it is fair, Mr Gray, to penalize all the groups and organizations in the city for the sake of YOUR religious views? If your religion is going to get in the way of making fair, responsible decisions, are you sure you should be running for mayor? Why do you think your religion should trump anyone else's?

And yes, I can just imagine how much you would like to have this issue disappear. Sorry - it is important and the citizens who vote aren't about to bow to your wishes just because you think you can dictate your religion over theirs.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Kel6508 wrote:Maybe you should get you facts straight. The crime rate is down as reported by our chief of Police a few weeks back. How long have you been part of the forums on Castanet? Looks like you just joined for the upcoming election. Sounds like your in Walters back pocket? I haven't decided on my candidate for mayor but it wont be Gray. I work for the City of Kelowna and in Walters time as mayor our contract talks went badly. He would never meet with us and here our requests.

He is not very open at the forums he has attended. Like others have stated he dodges questions and blames the present council. That is not the kind of person I want running this City.

Why I'm NOT Voting for Walter Gray!

Thanks for stepping up. I have a number of friends working at the city and have heard what he was like. Can't reiterate that here because the mods would surely pull the post, but the bottom line is; Wally is a "certain" type of people person. If you don't fit his view, you're not worth his time. Seriously Kelowna . . . is this the type of person you want to represent us?

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”