Why I Am NOT Voting for Sharon

Takin it easy !
Übergod

Re: Why I Am NOT Voting for Sharon

Post by Takin it easy ! »

justlooking4work wrote:Vote for Jobs and Action. We need Kelowna open for Business. Walter Gray for Mayor :)
Are you really justlooking4work ? unless you are an unemployed developer or work on very tall buildings on lakeshore property you should consider Sharon or are you just trying to trick us 4awhile ?
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

*removed/Jo*
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Black Daisies wrote:
LANDM wrote:
Queen K wrote:Since when is Kelowna closed for business right now? Do you mean, we need to irrevokably change the downtown core with towering highrises for the benefit of the few?

Actually, towering highrises would benefit more people per square foot (based on footprint).........it is simply a more efficient way of housing people. We cannot keep thinking that we can house people in the manner in which we grew up. Living in the most beautiful spot in Canada with the large lots and acreages of Glenmore in decades past is not sustainable. Or more accurately, it has already proven to be unsustainable.

People tend to use the anti-capitalist rhetoric of benefiting the few, big bad developers, etc. without thinking that this actually is a better, more efficient, greener, and cheaper way of housing our fellow residents.

That's not entirely true. While more people can live in towering highrises, their energy consumption per single residency is higher. This is because of the lighting required, elevators use up a lot of electricity, more spaces to heat (hallways etc), the plumbing required to bring the water up to all the floors. Who's going to live in these highrises anyways? Just go along Sunset and you'll see a couple of building lots where the developer backed out. Is that what our downtown core is going to look like when all this crazy not-well thought out development gets approved by Walter and the boys?

I just try and look at it realistically........I am not a believer in "I'm here so let's shut the gates to the city". Therefore, I believe and accept that there will be growth in our beautiful area regardless of whether I or anyone else likes it or not. We are simply running out of land to deal with growth and, therefore, have to look at more efficient ways of housing people. To think that we can deal with newcomers with large lot urban/rural sprawl is not reasonable. Urban core, high density development is efficient to house people and, dependent on the development, can be very cost effective. Hopefully the people who would live in the highrises that may or may not be built would be younger urban folk who want to live in a vibrant city center. Of course there are areas where the developer backed out.........the economy would not support a development right now. The key is what *does* get built. I would like to see a vibrant and affordable core rather than the crap we have now.
YMMV
You and 71 others Like this post
justlooking4work

Post by justlooking4work »

I agree, we need new leadership. I can't wait for Sharin to hand over the keys to new leadership. :skippingsheep:
justlooking4work

Takin it easy ! wrote:
justlooking4work wrote:Vote for Jobs and Action. We need Kelowna open for Business. Walter Gray for Mayor :)
Are you really justlooking4work ? unless you are an unemployed developer or work on very tall buildings on lakeshore property you should consider Sharon or are you just trying to trick us 4awhile ?

No tricks. Feel like Sharin has tricked her way into office. I wish her well on her way out!! :bump:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

justlooking4work wrote:I agree, we need new leadership. I can't wait for Sharin to hand over the keys to new leadership. :skippingsheep:

It's SHARON, not "sharin" as you are spelling it. Geez.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
justlooking4work

:bump: We need a leader not a follower.
Last edited by justlooking4work on Nov 16th, 2011, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

justlooking4work wrote:Sherrin who? We need a leader not a follower.

then you should be voting for shepherd! :127:
justlooking4work

Logitack wrote:
justlooking4work wrote:Sherrin who? We need a leader not a follower.

then you should be voting for shepherd! :127:

Shawn I understand your loyalty to your mom but if you were not inside the family bubble you would see the signs that she is not a leader. :nyah:
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

who is shaun? lol
justlooking4work

I would not vote for Sharon because she never seems to have time to confront the issues or media. Unless she is campaigning of course. Sharon please step aside. :bump:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

justlooking4work wrote:I would not vote for Sharon because she never seems to have time to confront the issues or media.

Oh BULL.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
justlooking4work

I think Sharon should run for Mayor of Hooterville :runforlife:
kelowna_lawyers

Post by kelowna_lawyers »

I will be awaiting an announcement from Sharon regarding this Fire Fighters Union Contribution, this just is not right. Just one more reason to support Walter Gray. He speaks his mind, he is completely honest. He is my Mayor. :cheerleader:
A lawyer who does not know men is handicapped. ~ William Dunbar
Concerned_Business_Owner

Post by Concerned_Business_Owner »

kelowna_lawyers wrote:I will be awaiting an announcement from Sharon regarding this Fire Fighters Union Contribution, this just is not right. Just one more reason to support Walter Gray. He speaks his mind, he is completely honest. He is my Mayor.

I agree 100% :) Be sure to cast your vote early. Do it today at City Hall or Parkinson's Rec Center.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”