Is there really a civic election in Vernon this year?

ScottSA
Fledgling

Re: Is there really a civic election in Vernon this year?

Post by ScottSA »

JohnD wrote:First off, I did not report you as spam, that must be a privacy setting on my facebook.

Secondly, it makes no difference who, where or how the private message came to you. To post it ,or a reference to it, publicly is wrong and unethical. You crossed a line and therefore this communication stops, now.
Good idea.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

For *bleep* sakes!! Why don't you both just agree to disagree and stop this bickering! And besides: :offtopic:
Picsiechick

Post by Picsiechick »

Actually, coffeeFreak, I disagree that this is "off topic"

I've been watching this exchange for awhile and see that what ScottA did by quoting a private message from JohnD speaks to whether ScottA is ethical, trustworthy and respectful or not. In my view, all three are very important characteristics in an elected public servant, and ScottA has proven that he has none of them.

How would either you or ScottA feel if your private message were shared publicly?
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

It was the bickering after the initial comment about facebook that annoyed the heck out of me; am feeling cranky. I wouldn't go as far as saying ScottA isn't trustworthy or ethical, as I don't have enough information to base a judgement that extreme on him. As for respectful, he really could have "pulled in his claws" and stick to his point.

BTW, I agree with ScottA about 43rd, it is highly unlikely the city is going to finish this job in two weeks given their track record at road construction/improvement.
ScottSA
Fledgling

Post by ScottSA »

Once again I apologize to John.

1 I received a message through FB. I didn't connect it to an earlier friend request I had made, and thought it was a drive-by out of the blue.

2 I responded through FB but was told that I had been reported as spam.

3 I then realized it was likely John from here.

4 Not being familiar with FB (I'm a new member as you can see from my page), I didn't think anything of responding here, since I couldn't respond on FB. I didn't reveal anything more than John already had here, other than the fact that he sent me a message on FB - and again I thought it was merely a drive-by.

5 I was not aware that the mere revealing of a FB communication, without revealing identity or any other identity pointer, was against FB etiquette. I am now, and again I apologize to John, and assure him that it was not an intentional breach of etiquette.

I also apologize to the forum for getting sucked into a heated exchange over 43rd Ave. It's a topic I take very seriously because I've actually talked to the owners, and seen tears in their eyes over the damage they believe the 43rd Ave project will do to their livelihoods. I've spoken about it at every forum regardless of the audience and regardless of the fact that I know it will lose me votes.

Sorry about that, and I sincerely apologize to all concerned.

Return to “C.E. Vernon”