To all council candidates, mayoral candidates & 4 Change

knowledgeisking

To all council candidates, mayoral candidates & 4 Change

Post by knowledgeisking »

I don't need you to tell me Kelowna is a beautiful place to live,I already know that.

I don't need you to tell me the problems that exist such as crime, parking, lack of affordable housing, I already know. We all do. Filliing your video with that means that maybe you don't really have anything to say.

I don't care if you have lived in kelowna your whole life, that doesn't mean you have more right to serve on council than someone who has lived here 10 years. If the newcomer is qualified and you are a moron, he or she gets my vote. If your grandpappy was born here and you are a moron maybe he was one too. Not saying he was, but maybe.

Making promises such as bringing high paying tech jobs to Kelowna or the best doctors? You are a newcomer running for city council and you are capable of that? Really? Sorry if you were connected in that manner you would be far too busy as a CEO in your own large corporation to be running for council.

If you are a far left leaning type you aren't going to be able to attract big business to the city so stop talking from both sides of your mouth.

If you have worked for multi national corporations and been so very successful there, name those companies. These stated qualifications better be accurate if you get elected.

I know you are green, sustainability is important. Anything else?

To the super arrogant current councillor that is actually qualified. Not sure what to do here. I might hold my nose and vote because for the most part your vision of moving the city forward is logical. The amount of council meetings you miss unacceptable. Ah, I'll just say it, you are a bit of a jerk really

To voters out there. Don't just vote for someone because they attend all city events. Sometimes its just because they have nothing else to do and enjoy the linelight and free food. How do they actually perform on council? Thats way more important

4 change...you selection process reaked. You hardly talked to any of the candidates. You pretty much pre-selected your slate (Zimmerman I will vote for because he understand the city and the issues internally) Colin Basran works for one of the heads of 4 change. No wonder people hate politicians.

To the mayoral candiates, I abstain.

Cal, you sound like a great guy and I'd love to have a beer with you. You might even make a great councillor, but you arent a Mayor. I don't mean to offend when I say that, just my opinion.

Walter, your leadership that borders on arrogance is probably the best of the group but time has past you bye. Not reading the official community plan because you won't even be mayor or alive then? I don't blame you for being uncomfortable with the gay lifestyle that is your right. But times have changed and your refusing to sign the proclamation is embarrassing.

Sharon, you will likely get in but will be out of touch with the new, more progressive council. Have fun.
I'm smarter than you, I'm better looking than you and I probably have way more friends than you. I'm definintely taller than you. Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: To all council candidates, mayoral candiates and 4 chang

Post by Lady tehMa »

:134:

This is an excellent post. I may not necessarily agree with you on all points, but your thoughtful and articulate message is worthy of applause. You have singlehandedly made many of the posters on this election subforum seem juvenile by comparasion. You have managed to get your points across without candidate-bashing.

Well done. I wish more would emulate your style.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

Great post.
knowledgeisking

Lady tehMa wrote::134:

This is an excellent post. I may not necessarily agree with you on all points, but your thoughtful and articulate message is worthy of applause. You have singlehandedly made many of the posters on this election subforum seem juvenile by comparasion. You have managed to get your points across without candidate-bashing.

Well done. I wish more would emulate your style.

Thanks, I'd say I candidate bashed a bit. But thanks
I'm smarter than you, I'm better looking than you and I probably have way more friends than you. I'm definintely taller than you. Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable.
EdCase
Board Meister

Post by EdCase »

Perhaps the most sensible and honest post on the whole Kelowna election - thanks for taking the time!

Ed
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane
Marcus Aurelius
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

You want candidate bashing? Go look in the threads "Why I will/won't vote for . . ." They contain excellent examples of snarly pettiness.

Stating a reason without rancor is hardly bashing, we all have reasons why will will or will not vote for candidates. Yours indicated careful thought and lacked the edge true bashing would contain. I myself have preferences, in the case of the mayoral race it has come to "not Sharon Shepherd". I am considering your stance however (as to the remainder), it requires more thought.
I haven't failed until I quit.
thefacts

Post by thefacts »

Walter Gray is CLEARLY the best of our 5 choices for Mayor... add to that some GREAT council candidates and we will get Kelowna back on track. We need a leader, we need decisions, we need better relationships with all levels of government.. it’s time for Change.
thefacts

Post by thefacts »

*removed/Jo*
knowledgeisking

*removed/Jo*
knowledgeisking

Re: To all council candidates, mayoral candidates & 4 Change

Just hear on am1150 that the pyramid scheme Ken Chung was involved with was a vacation pyramid of some sort. According the Chung in the news report he actually assisted the authorities in the class action lawsuit once he realized what it actually was. If this albatross can go away he might get my vote
grahamcampbell

Re: To all council candidates, mayoral candidates & 4 Change

Post by grahamcampbell »

Why are you not in the running for this! Great post! this needed to be said :)

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”