Why I Am NOT Voting for Sharon

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Why I Am NOT Voting for Sharon

Post by grammafreddy »

kelowna_lawyers wrote:I will be awaiting an announcement from Sharon regarding this Fire Fighters Union Contribution, this just is not right. Just one more reason to support Walter Gray. He speaks his mind, he is completely honest. He is my Mayor. :cheerleader:

Why don't you just pick up the phone and call her to ask for clarification?

I do not agree that Walter "speaks his mind and is completely honest". I am not even sure what there is about him and what he has said in his campaign that you can use as support for that statement.

LOL - and I find it quite funny that someone with the user name of "kelowna lawyers" is posting here on Castanet, too. Like, how many lawyers are you???
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Concerned_Business_Owner

Post by Concerned_Business_Owner »

How can anyone not feel cheated. Voting for Sharon is a vote in the wrong direction for Kelowna.
justlooking4work

Post by justlooking4work »

Well almost time to go Vote! I will be casting my vote for Walter Gray
kelownasenior1942

Post by kelownasenior1942 »

justlooking4work wrote:Well almost time to go Vote! I will be casting my vote for Walter Gray

Walter has my vote. Sharon last night was caught in a conflict of interest situation at the forum and live on AM1150. When asked a question on if she felt accepting funds from the firefighters was appropriate, she nervously answered, they support me and I support them.
Walter commented the below.
Sharon, "accepted campaign funds from the Firefighters Union. We spend about $12 million a year on our Fire Department Services. It worries me when she says "I support them, they support me". They are the second or third largest cost to the taxpayer!!"

Keep in mind Sharon has also been quoted at other forums saying she ONLY ACCEPTS campaign funds from very close friends and family. I guess the firefighters are close buddies too? Well then should be, she did authorize a nice pay increase for them.

I guess she will score good votes with the firefighter Union? This should not be allowed.
Kathy73

Post by Kathy73 »

kelownasenior1942 wrote:
justlooking4work wrote:Well almost time to go Vote! I will be casting my vote for Walter Gray

Walter has my vote. Sharon last night was caught in a conflict of interest situation at the forum and live on AM1150. When asked a question on if she felt accepting funds from the firefighters was appropriate, she nervously answered, they support me and I support them.
Sharon, "accepted campaign funds from the Firefighters Union. We spend about $12 million a year on our Fire Department Services. It worries me when she says "I support them, they support me". They are the second or third largest cost to the taxpayer!!"

Keep in mind Sharon has also been quoted at other forums saying she ONLY ACCEPTS campaign funds from very close friends and family. I guess the firefighters are close buddies too? Well then should be, she did authorize a nice pay increase for them.

I guess she will score good votes with the firefighter Union? This should not be allowed.

I fully agree. Its totally inappropriate!
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

kelownasenior1942 wrote:

4change PAC shouldn't be allowed either...walter getting financial support from developers shouldn't be allowed either. but it is allowed....oh well, so sad....I voted for sharon this morning :sunshine:
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Kathy73 wrote:
kelownasenior1942 wrote:

I fully agree. Its totally inappropriate!

Please pass this along to all the Wally supporters who can only gossip and spread rhetoric to buy votes . . . THE CHEQUE WAS NOT FROM THE UNION. The cheque was from one individual who happens to be a retired firefighter. But just keep on spewing because you're starting to make the case yourself why Wally would be bad for business, citizens and Kelowna.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

Mtn Biker wrote: THE CHEQUE WAS NOT FROM THE UNION. The cheque was from one individual who happens to be a retired firefighter.

got a source or link?
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

kelownasenior1942 wrote:

If you think Sharon is dishonest (from first hand experience I know she's not) and in conflict of interest; it would pale in comparison to: trouble-with-the-truth-bend-the-rules-Walt and his past dealings, and what he's about to do.

. . . voting for Sharon.
justlooking4work

Re: Who do I vote for to get shepherd out?

Post by justlooking4work »

Walter Gray Will bump her out :bump:
bones1584

Post by bones1584 »

1) She doest respect the power of a proclomation and will sign anythign and do what she wants later. OCP and John Hindle Dr to UBC is one example

2) The tactics she is using in this election. Just look at a post to see what a sharon supports is really like and you can safely see a true sharon.

Example: Hootervile sharon taunted him into it

3) to much for lease downtown and her say there isnt anything wrong in down town. if she missed that what else did she miss :ohmygod:

I am voting Walter Gray
Evan
Board Meister

Post by Evan »

Here is the source and the link, thanks for coming out, but we all knew the truth all along.

http://www.sharonshepherd.ca/uncategori ... ssociation

Currently in question is a $500 contribution to the Mayors campaign, something I would guess all candidates are receiving in one form or another from their supporters. Yes, we the Kelowna Professional Fire Fighters gave the Mayor $500 which was returned with a thank you. At this point, a retired member of our association donated $500 of his own money towards the campaign in which we in return refunded his efforts.

To me there is a larger issue at stake, Public Safety, and those who support it.

Sincerely,

Larry Hollier, President L953, Kelowna Professional Fire Fighters
To be inspired.
thefacts

Post by thefacts »

Evan wrote:Here is the source and the link, thanks for coming out, but we all knew the truth all along.

Currently in question is a $500 contribution to the Mayors campaign, something I would guess all candidates are receiving in one form or another from their supporters. Yes, we the Kelowna Professional Fire Fighters gave the Mayor $500 which was returned with a thank you. At this point, a retired member of our association donated $500 of his own money towards the campaign in which we in return refunded his efforts.

To me there is a larger issue at stake, Public Safety, and those who support it.

Sincerely,

Funny she forgot to mention that the cheque was returned to the Fire Fighters Union...... she was asked that quesiton live on the radio and failed to remember or recall that very important detail. Perhaps its because the cheque was returned AFTER the issue became public. In any event Sharon is not the leader Kelowna needs at this time... we need strong leadership and Walter Gray is clearly the best choice.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

thefacts wrote:
Evan wrote:Here is the source and the link, thanks for coming out, but we all knew the truth all along.

Sincerely,

Funny she forgot to mention that the cheque was returned to the Fire Fighters Union...... she was asked that quesiton live on the radio and failed to remember or recall that very important detail. Perhaps its because the cheque was returned AFTER the issue became public. In any event Sharon is not the leader Kelowna needs at this time... we need strong leadership and Walter Gray is clearly the best choice.

Sorry but you need to get the facts straight. It has been said many times it was returned . . . actually it was never accepted. We need strong leadership, not an old man who's campaign is built of misdirection and manipulation.
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

bones1584 wrote:1) She doest respect the power of a proclomation and will sign anythign and do what she wants later. OCP and John Hindle Dr to UBC is one example

2) The tactics she is using in this election. Just look at a post to see what a sharon supports is really like and you can safely see a true sharon.
You need to take a look at some of the Gray supporters that just joined the forums to sling mud and start trouble such as yourself, the facts, Kathy something, justlooking4work, concerned business, etc, etc.
Example: Hootervile sharon taunted him into it

After Gray tried really hard to make her look stupid and failed.That was awesome!

3) to much for lease downtown and her say there isnt anything wrong in down town. if she missed that what else did she miss :ohmygod:

I am voting Walter Gray

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”