Cal for Mayor

damngrumpy
Übergod

Re: Cal for Mayor

Post by damngrumpy »

Words like common sense and how things should work don't cut it unfortunately.
What I would have liked to know is how much do you know about the municipal
act? How much do you know how this actually work as opposed to how they should
work? Who do you know in senior levels of government that you can talk with,
both in government and in the opposition? How much contact have you had with
local MLAs?
These are important questions and the problem I have is people running for Mayor when
they don't have actual Council experience. I have been around governments and the
opposition for a number of years, and I tell you this job you are applying for is not walk
in the park. The Municipal Act governs almost everything you can do and without being
familiar with it leads to a mess of trouble for a newbie. I suggest you run for council
in the future and make your way to the top that way.
SoyChai
Fledgling

Post by SoyChai »

A vote for Cal is...a vote for you? Me? Him? Her? Cal cracked me up during the Castanet Mayoral Debate. I couldn't stop laughing every time he was asked a question. His response was always, "Open up the chambers, let the people tell me what they want". Cal, I appreciate that you want feedback from 'the people'...but I was so disappointed that this seems to be the only thing in your platform that came across in this debate. It sounded as though there were no real answers given, or a sense of direction of leadership. I know we won't be seeing Cal as our mayor this time around, but thank you for making the race a little more interesting :)
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I think Cal has left the building.

Contact calcondy
E-mail address: E-mail calcondyPM: Send private message User statistics
Joined: Apr 26th, 2009, 2:27 pm Last visited: Nov 9th, 2011, 4:12 pm Total posts: 147 | Search user’s posts
(0.01% of all posts / 0.16 posts per day) Most active forum: C.E. Kelowna
(146 Posts / 99.32% of user’s posts) Most active topic: What issues do you guys & gals care about?
(14 Posts / 9.52% of user’s posts)
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

RichardWede wrote:I think Cal has left the building.

Contact calcondy
Joined: Apr 26th, 2009, 2:27 pm Last visited: Nov 9th, 2011, 4:12 pm Total posts: 147 | Search user’s posts
(146 Posts / 99.32% of user’s posts) Most active topic: What issues do you guys & gals care about?

Maybe Cal went to Las Vegas to party. It worked for that hot babe that couldn't speak French who ran for the NDP in Quebec!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

So Cal has given up, Chung has no Business sense, that leaves an old fart and the incumbent.

Not much of a choice! No wonder people don't vote. :137:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
RichardWede wrote:I think Cal has left the building.

Contact calcondy

Maybe Cal went to Las Vegas to party. It worked for that hot babe that couldn't speak French who ran for the NDP in Quebec!

Time to call Saputo and get Cal's pic on a milk carton!

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I think Cal would make an excellent councillor and I am sorry he didn't decide to run for one of those positions. I like his attitude and his sense of humour - and he even makes sense with some of his ideas.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

grammafreddy wrote:I think Cal would make an excellent councillor and I am sorry he didn't decide to run for one of those positions. I like his attitude and his sense of humour - and he even makes sense with some of his ideas.
I for one totally agree just wondering if he would have been one of Fourgreeds picks ? :sunshine:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Takin it easy ! wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:I think Cal would make an excellent councillor and I am sorry he didn't decide to run for one of those positions. I like his attitude and his sense of humour - and he even makes sense with some of his ideas.
I for one totally agree just wondering if he would have been one of Fourgreeds picks ? :sunshine:

He probably would have recused himself from their interview process.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I see no point in being nasty and making snide comments.

If he had run for one of the councillor seats, I would have supported him.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

grammafreddy wrote:I see no point in being nasty and making snide comments.

seriously? I highly doubt that GF.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Why do you doubt that?

Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Takin it easy ! wrote:

He probably would have recused himself from their interview process.
Thats the funny thing about this FourChange gang who the hell do they think they are in the first place conducting interviews ?
Oh I see its like a job interview makes sense now because if they select you and you get elected you get to work for them and do their bidding on council in exchange for them and their developer buddies support.
If I had been running for office I would have told them to stick their interview and questionaire where the :sunshine: dont shine.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

grammafreddy wrote:

Why do you doubt that?

because you are a lot smarter than the average bear! Cal as a councillor? You really want that? There are so many better choices.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I think Cal would be a good councillor. He's new to this forum and has had to deal with a lot of hostility and derision. Perhaps he aimed too high, but he was willing to take a chance. Next election I'd like to see him take a shot at a councillor position.
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”