Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

rutland1
Board Meister

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by rutland1 »

1% of Kelowna residents benefit under Walter. 99% of Kelowna residents benefit under Sharon.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

rutland1 wrote:1% of Kelowna residents benefit under Walter. 99% of Kelowna residents benefit under Sharon.
Thats it in a nutshell !
beachday

Post by beachday »

*try again without so many nested quotations/Jo*
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

*try again without so many nested quotations/Jo*
beachday

Post by beachday »

*try again without the nested quotations/Jo*
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

beachday you didnt reply to my question ?
I hate to burst your bubble but its a closed door club.
And will be as long as some are fooled by their tactics.
We have the oppertunity right now to say no to the master plan and the disregard for our citizens and City.
Vote wisely my friend and avoid the big let down !
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Mtn Biker wrote:
How far do you want to go with this? PM me and we can discuss.

Just an FYI Mtn Biker, but your PM shows as not available - only email is an option for contacting you outside threads.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Evan
Board Meister

Post by Evan »

http://www.sharonshepherd.ca/uncategori ... ssociation
November 16, 2011

To whom it may concern;

I am writing on behalf of the Kelowna Professional Fire Fighters Association in regards to the recent discussion surrounding political contributions to Mayor Sharon Shepherds campaign. Yes, it is true our association supports Mayor Shepherd 100% and has for many years not only as a Mayor but as well a councillor. The issues are clear and simple to our association and should be to you as well. The issue is two fold but extends beyond. On March 9,2005 a notice of motion was brought forward by the then Councillor Ron Cannan for consideration at the regular meeting of March 14, 2005. At this time, The City of Kelowna was the largest City in the Province of BC that had not written WCB a letter supporting cancer presumption for fire fighters based on the best medical evidence. At the regular meeting, our voice was heard by Council and supported whole heartedly and lead by Councillor Cannan, Horning and Shepherd.

Today Fire fighters are covered for 10 cancers as occupational diseases after legislation at the Provincial level. Since that time we have supported Ron Cannan Federally, Al Horning Provincially, and Mayor Shepherd Municipally. Today we also acknowledge and support MLA Norm Letnick as he is currently working on all emergency workers health and safety with the Disclosure Act. So is this wrong to support politicians for supporting our health and well being????

Secondly, Mayor Shepherd along with other councillors have adopted the Kelowna Fire Department Strategic Plan. In short this was a study prepared by an outside agency hired by the City to look at the current operations including fire suppression capabilities and response times. In this City funded study, it was identified that response times in North Glenmore were not meeting the bar and the ability to continue more than one suppression activity at a time was not possible with current standards. The report suggested a new Firehall be built and staffed 24/7 by the year 2016. Yes we support Mayor Shepherd for her support on this issue. Having said that, the issue is not wages or benefits, strictly the staffing to do our job better, safer and allow for a better outcome for the citizens and taxpayers of Kelowna, despite where you live. So again I ask, is it wrong for an association to support those that support safer response times and staffing?

Currently in question is a $500 contribution to the Mayors campaign, something I would guess all candidates are receiving in one form or another from their supporters. Yes, we the Kelowna Professional Fire Fighters gave the Mayor $500 which was returned with a thank you. At this point, a retired member of our association donated $500 of his own money towards the campaign in which we in return refunded his efforts.

To me there is a larger issue at stake, Public Safety, and those who support it.

Sincerely,

Larry Hollier, President L953, Kelowna Professional Fire Fighters

Thanks Walter, but no thanks. You been served.
To be inspired.
beachday

Post by beachday »

Takin it easy ! wrote:beachday you didnt reply to my question ?
I hate to burst your bubble but its a closed door club.
And will be as long as some are fooled by their tactics.
We have the oppertunity right now to say no to the master plan and the disregard for our citizens and City.
Vote wisely my friend and avoid the big let down !

Sorry, just realized there was a question in there.
I do not need to be in their "club" to get to where I need to be, I will get there on my own. I respect your opinion as to who you are voting for and know you have your reasons for that but I have already cast my vote yesterday.
thefacts

Post by thefacts »

Walter Gray was excellent today on AM 1150.... he knows how to answer the tough questions and his leadership clearly shows. I voted yesterday... wish I could go vote again today as it felt so good.

Walter supporters Sharon will be on AM 1150 tomorrow.... please call in with questions you would like Sharon to answer.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Must have been listening to a different station.

Check out this review of the show viewtopic.php?f=70&t=36470
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

*removed/Jo*
Concerned_Business_Owner

Post by Concerned_Business_Owner »

thefacts wrote:Walter Gray was excellent today on AM 1150.... he knows how to answer the tough questions and his leadership clearly shows. I voted yesterday... wish I could go vote again today as it felt so good.

Walter supporters Sharon will be on AM 1150 tomorrow.... please call in with questions you would like Sharon to answer.

Good Idea. Think of some good tough questions for the candidates. You can listen live in the am1150.ca website. :bump:
bones1584

Post by bones1584 »

trying to play nice in the sand box gamma and you make it hard
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

bones1584 wrote:trying to play nice in the sand box gamma and you make it hard

I know. Sorry. How are you making out with all the maps, drawings and links to documents and all that information? Making headway on becoming more informed?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”