WALLY ON 1150AM

Carmencat
Übergod

WALLY ON 1150AM

Post by Carmencat »

So did anyone hear Wally on Phil's show this morning? Talk about imploding. Yikes. He did himself no favours.

Apparently his plan to 'fix' transit is to move a bus stop to in front of the H2O centre? Really? Because that affects soooooo many people. LOL. A couple of callers told Wally that transit is far better now that when he was mayor.

His explanation of being "open for business" was to put a sign over city hall, sit back and wait for businesses to come. WOW, way to be aggressive Wally.

He says he feels sorry for Chung who he thinks has been smeared. How is exposing the unsavoury business practices of someone who wants to lead the city smearing?? Including having so little respect for the city and council that Chung deliberately went against their ruling to build an illegal suite. Phil implied that Wally would pick up any votes that may have gone to Chung. And commented on the timing of the 'smear' campaign. Was Phil implying that Wally's camp may have leaked some info?

He still refuses to say he was wrong regarding the gay proclomation debacle, and would not answer two questions directly as to why how he feels now is any different. He said he has gay friends, then went on to say that signing the proclomation he felt was supporting the gay lifestyle. YIKES. He said that what he was faced with 14 years ago regarding signing the proclomation is very different that the situation today. How is that???? And if that were true, he would sign it without asking the council first what they think.

Why anyone would vote for this fossil is beyond me.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: WALLY ON 1150AM

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Carmencat wrote:
He still refuses to say he was wrong regarding the gay proclomation debacle, and would not answer two questions directly as to why how he feels now is any different. He said he has gay friends, then went on to say that signing the proclomation he felt was supporting the gay lifestyle. YIKES. He said that what he was faced with 14 years ago regarding signing the proclomation is very different that the situation today. How is that???? And if that were true, he would sign it without asking the council first what they think.

why anyone still cares about a stupid corrupt "Human rights" tribunal decision from 14 years ago is beyond me. People keep blathering about "not voting in the past" yet want to dredge up irrelevant crap from the past all of the time to blast Gray. The real issue for me is that Sharon just seems like such a ditherer and not a leader. She never makes a decision, out of what - fear of being wrong? I don't know. And that is what is going to sink her - even if this perception is wrong.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

The Green Barbarian wrote: The real issue for me is that Sharon just seems like such a ditherer and not a leader. She never makes a decision, out of what - fear of being wrong? I don't know. And that is what is going to sink her - even if this perception is wrong.

What does your perception of "making a decision" look like? What is it you are expecting a mayor to do that shows "making a decision"?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
EdCase
Board Meister

Post by EdCase »

The Green Barbarian wrote:The real issue for me is that Sharon just seems like such a ditherer and not a leader. She never makes a decision, out of what - fear of being wrong? I don't know. And that is what is going to sink her - even if this perception is wrong.

First, having worked with Shephard I know this perception is wrong. It's just that she doesn't go for the 'Load-Fire-Aim' approach that Gray is so fond of.

Ed
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane
Marcus Aurelius
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

grammafreddy wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote: The real issue for me is that Sharon just seems like such a ditherer and not a leader. She never makes a decision, out of what - fear of being wrong? I don't know. And that is what is going to sink her - even if this perception is wrong.

What does your perception of "making a decision" look like? What is it you are expecting a mayor to do that shows "making a decision"?

for starters - just answer a question with a definitive for once - instead of referring to what other municipalities are doing, or saying that you want to hold out for further study on issues that have already been studied to death. Look at Sharon's response to your Urban Hen question:

*Sharon Shepherd - "I am supportive of the consideration of a bylaw once information is received from other valley municipalities that have an urban hen bylaw in place regarding their experience and particularly implications related to bylaw enforcement. I also agree with the protocols that reduce risks, as suggested by Interior Health, that need to be included if a bylaw is introduce to our City. Currently the City of Kelowna allows up to 10 hens on lots with a minimum of 1/2 acre of land. Requests for up to 4 urban hens on lots smaller than 1/2 acre have been made. As suggested by Interior health the protocols would include such things as mandatory chicken enclosures and construction standards, safe disposal of waste, hygienic practices, and prohibition of home-slaughter or sale of chicken meat. Issues such as predators and disease transmission also need to be dealt with. Education, such as a forum, in the community might be a positive first step by those who are advocating for this bylaw.
Sharon Shepherd"

Good grief!

Here's a leader's answer:
*Gerry Zimmermann - "Chickens belong on farms in rural areas and not in urban backyards. Take care. Gerry"

You may disagree - but at least it's an answer!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Carmencat wrote:

why anyone still cares about a stupid corrupt "Human rights" tribunal decision from 14 years ago is beyond me. People keep blathering about "not voting in the past" yet want to dredge up irrelevant crap from the past all of the time to blast Gray. The real issue for me is that Sharon just seems like such a ditherer and not a leader. She never makes a decision, out of what - fear of being wrong? I don't know. And that is what is going to sink her - even if this perception is wrong.

You have totally missed the point, GB. The problem isn't what Gray did 14 years ago, it is that he still feels the same way 14 years later. The fact that he can't keep his personal biases out of the job means he isn't fit to have the job. Period.
Last edited by Carmencat on Nov 17th, 2011, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
chloeskates

Post by chloeskates »

I'm actually a little concerned about Walter (which is crazy for me to even think)- why is he so forgetful? He seems to forget each question shortly after it's been asked? And then there was the awkward pause and silence when Phil asked where he'd be Sat. at 8 p.m. and he couldn't answer- that seems concerning to me (since he has a campaign office, I would assume that's where he would be?). Is any of his family/friends concerned?
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

grammafreddy wrote:

for starters - just answer a question with a definitive for once - instead of referring to what other municipalities are doing, or saying that you want to hold out for further study on issues that have already been studied to death. Look at Sharon's response to your Urban Hen question:

*Sharon Shepherd - "I am supportive of the consideration of a bylaw once information is received from other valley municipalities that have an urban hen bylaw in place regarding their experience and particularly implications related to bylaw enforcement. I also agree with the protocols that reduce risks, as suggested by Interior Health, that need to be included if a bylaw is introduce to our City. Currently the City of Kelowna allows up to 10 hens on lots with a minimum of 1/2 acre of land. Requests for up to 4 urban hens on lots smaller than 1/2 acre have been made. As suggested by Interior health the protocols would include such things as mandatory chicken enclosures and construction standards, safe disposal of waste, hygienic practices, and prohibition of home-slaughter or sale of chicken meat. Issues such as predators and disease transmission also need to be dealt with. Education, such as a forum, in the community might be a positive first step by those who are advocating for this bylaw.
Sharon Shepherd"

Good grief!

Here's a leader's answer:
*Gerry Zimmermann - "Chickens belong on farms in rural areas and not in urban backyards. Take care. Gerry"

Zimmerman isn't running for mayor. What was Gray's answer?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Carmencat wrote:
You have totally missed the point, GB. The problem isn't what Gray did 14 years ago, it is that he still feels the same way 14 years later. The fact that he can't keep his personal biases out of the job means he isn't fit to have to job. Period.

And I say that you are making a mountain out of a mole-hill with this issue. There are plenty of other good reasons to be considering Shepherd over Gray, and this seems like one that is in bad taste to me, mostly because it feels like conjecture and fear-mongering.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Carmencat wrote:

on the "urban hen" issue? I honestly don't care. I was just giving an example of yet another issue where you can't figure out, in the end, what side of an issue Sharon is really on, only that she has covered her butt six ways from Sunday.
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

Carmencat wrote:
You have totally missed the point, GB. The problem isn't what Gray did 14 years ago, it is that he still feels the same way 14 years later. The fact that he can't keep his personal biases out of the job means he isn't fit to have to job. Period.

And I say that you are making a mountain out of a mole-hill with this issue. There are plenty of other good reasons to be considering Shepherd over Gray, and this seems like one that is in bad taste to me, mostly because it feels like conjecture and fear-mongering.

But it isn't a mole hill to me, and isn't to many people. As someone who has gay friends and relatives, it is a mountain that they have had to climb.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Carmencat wrote:
But it isn't a mole hill to me, and isn't to many people. As someone who has gay friends and relatives, it is a mountain that they have had to climb.

Oh boy - look - if you want to vote for Sharon purely on some misguided concept that Walter Gray is somehow going to turn Kelowna into some gay-hating city-state based on some proclamation from 14 years ago, go for it. I'd prefer to focus on real issues in the present day.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

They are both answers. That's more than some candidates did. A look at the list will reveal who didn't even bother to respond.

My perception of those two answers is different than yours. I saw one as being dismissive and not willing to consider what some citizens are asking for in any way, shape or form. A flat out "no and don't bother me with any details".

I viewed the other as being willing to consider the question, look at the concerns, address the issues and proceed from there.

It has been the unreasonable attitude (Zimmerman's response) of like-minded individuals on council which has created this 3-year delay on this issue - mixed in with some serious staff issues at the upper management level.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

Carmencat wrote:

on the "urban hen" issue? I honestly don't care. I was just giving an example of yet another issue where you can't figure out, in the end, what side of an issue Sharon is really on, only that she has covered her butt six ways from Sunday.

I do understand where you are coming from. I have always preferred bosses who say what they think, and I am that type of person myself. But as a mayor, I think the job requires someone who does look at all sides of the issue and does not bring personal biases into play.

For the most part Sharon is only one of 9 voices who has a vote in the council chambers. I admire that she is tough when she needs to be, but listens to all and more importantly TREATS all people the same way - with respect.

I have had previous dealings with Walter and that is not the case. He is ON when the camera is around - otherwise - not so much.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Carmencat wrote:
For the most part Sharon is only one of 9 voices who has a vote in the council chambers. I admire that she is tough when she needs to be, but listens to all and more importantly TREATS all people the same way - with respect.

I have had previous dealings with Walter and that is not the case. He is ON when the camera is around - otherwise - not so much.

Well then - there you go - some real reasons to support Sharon over Walter! I hear you.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”