Cal for Mayor

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Cal for Mayor

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Lady tehMa wrote:I think Cal would be a good councillor. He's new to this forum and has had to deal with a lot of hostility and derision. Perhaps he aimed too high, but he was willing to take a chance. Next election I'd like to see him take a shot at a councillor position.

and he didn't bring any of it on to himself? Seriously? Is no one capable of attaching personal responsibility to anybody anymore?
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Post by Lady tehMa »

Learning curve Green, not all of us are able to launch ourselves into something and perform perfectly.

If he learns from the mistakes he has made, and accepts that he has made mistakes, we could be dealing with a far wiser Cal for the next election. That is why I said I'd like to see him go for councillor next time, I believe he is capable of learning. Let us not discount potential. It takes guts to step up and throw your hat in the ring; especially given his competition.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Lady tehMa wrote:Learning curve Green, not all of us are able to launch ourselves into something and perform perfectly.

If he learns from the mistakes he has made, and accepts that he has made mistakes, we could be dealing with a far wiser Cal for the next election. That is why I said I'd like to see him go for councillor next time, I believe he is capable of learning. Let us not discount potential. It takes guts to step up and throw your hat in the ring; especially given his competition.

It does take guts to throw your hat in the ring. I do hope that he has learned from this experience. However, given his political views and the way he conducted himself, his learning curve seems to be a lot longer than others. He may have been the target of some derision, but I found given some of the crazy things he was saying and doing, that the derision was extremely restrained and polite. Especially when weighed against the amount of mud being flung between the Shepherd and Gray camps right now. But that's just me.
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
I dunno
Fledgling

Post by I dunno »

Hang on Cal, you still have a chance, unless a last minute bomb comes out like the one the blew up in Ken's face, or that anonymous e-mailer to the forum who started the Fire department/union fiasco with Sharon.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I don't think Cal would make a good anything.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”