Slander et al temporarily shuts down site

bones1584

Slander et al temporarily shuts down site

Post by bones1584 »

I was aghast at what hostility and down right poor tactics were used on Elect Walter Gray for Mayor facebook site. These comments even went as far as consideration of perusing defamation of character suits. A very sad day in municipal politics.

It is one thing to have an opinion and it is completely another to do what was done. Walter is doing his best to rise above this, so here I am, simply letting all of you know; it is was completely disrespectful and about as low as it can get.

I have no doubt that some of the people responsible for the slander are in these forums and aggressively post poor insulting comments that attack the individual and not the candidate. There is a line, so lets please be respectful.
Carmencat
Übergod

Re: Slander, Defamation and Hostile cussing temporarily shut

Post by Carmencat »

bones1584 wrote:I was aghast at what hostility and down right poor tactics were used on Elect Walter Gray for Mayor facebook site. These comments even went as far as consideration of perusing defamation of character suits. A very sad day in municipal politics.

It is one thing to have an opinion and it is completely another to do what was done. Walter is doing his best to rise above this, so here I am, simply letting all of you know; it is was completely disrespectful and about as low as it can get.

I have no doubt that some of the people responsible for the slander are in these forums and aggressively post poor insulting comments that attack the individual and not the candidate. There is a line, so lets please be respectful.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Why would you assume posters here are on Walter's FB site? Personally, I didn't know he had one. Nor do I care.

Have you read some of the posts regarding Sharon here? I notice you have only mentioned posts regarding Gray.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

obviously, bones, you have selective reading. you should read what you and other walter supporters have written about sharon on castanet. she should sue, IMO.
thefacts

Post by thefacts »

Carmencat wrote:
bones1584 wrote:I was aghast at what hostility and down right poor tactics were used on Elect Walter Gray for Mayor facebook site. These comments even went as far as consideration of perusing defamation of character suits. A very sad day in municipal politics.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Why would you assume posters here are on Walter's FB site? Personally, I didn't know he had one. Nor do I care.

Have you read some of the posts regarding Sharon here? I notice you have only mentioned posts regarding Gray.

Carmencat..... I have been to Walters Facebook site and Website... I have also been to Sharons FB and Website.... I did my homework and have chosen to support Walter. I suggest everyone does their own homework.. I hate to hear that you have not even taken the time to see what Walter stands for. I bet if you did you would be changing sides :-)
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Ummmm ...........

viewtopic.php?t=36469

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=36105&p=1116995#p1116995

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=36469#p1117444

Now, what was it you were saying about "hostility and down right poor tactics" and "aggressively posting poor insulting comments that attack the individual and not the candidate"?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

thefacts wrote:you have not even taken the time to see what Walter stands for. I bet if you did you would be changing sides :-)

I have done my homework and looked at a lot of documents. It is because I have done this that I could never support Mr Gray.

The kinds of posts you and others have made on this site as a smear campaign against other candidates for mayor merely cemented any concept that Mr Gray is not worth supporting for any reason.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

thefacts

Post by thefacts »

grammafreddy wrote:Ummmm ...........

viewtopic.php?t=36469

Now, what was it you were saying about "hostility and down right poor tactics" and "aggressively posting poor insulting comments that attack the individual and not the candidate"?

Gramma what took you so long to have an opinion...... I can speak for myself. I have only shared the FACTS and my opinions. I stand behind all my posts. I can also tell you when the election is over I will not be into these forums for probably about 3 years. I know you support Sharon.. you have been clear about that since day 1. I also know you have an opinion on just about everything.... look at the # of posts you have done over the years. I also really wonder where you get your information as some of is seems a little close to the action. In any event I challenge everyone to log out and stop posting... if they do I will. If they dont I will be here for 1 more day.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

There's been ample mudslinging from both sides.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Nebula wrote:There's been ample mudslinging from both sides.

That is so very true.

thefacts

Post by thefacts »

grammafreddy wrote:
Nebula wrote:There's been ample mudslinging from both sides.

That is so very true.

Idea... lets ALL stop and go do something productive for the candidates we support. Drive someone to the polls... call friends and get em out to vote. You get the idea. As long as some want to attack Walter Gray I will be in here defending him.
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

thefacts wrote:
Carmencat wrote:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Carmencat..... I have been to Walters Facebook site and Website... I have also been to Sharons FB and Website.... I did my homework and have chosen to support Walter. I suggest everyone does their own homework.. I hate to hear that you have not even taken the time to see what Walter stands for. I bet if you did you would be changing sides :-)

Please don't make assumptions about me. If you had bothered to read any of these forums I have been very clear as to why I support Sharon and not Walter, including personal dealings with both.

If you consider "homework" as only visiting a candidate's FB/web site, I give you a failing grade. I suggest you do YOUR homework before you post here regarding your assumptions on how others make their choices..
Last edited by Carmencat on Nov 18th, 2011, 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

thefacts wrote:. As long as some want to attack Walter Gray I will be in here defending him.

you havent defended walter! you have been ATTACKING sharon, there is a difference!
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

thefacts wrote:Idea... lets ALL stop and go do something productive for the candidates we support. Drive someone to the polls... call friends and get em out to vote. You get the idea. As long as some want to attack Walter Gray I will be in here defending him.

You're not doing him any favours.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

thefacts wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:Ummmm ...........

viewtopic.php?t=36469

Gramma what took you so long to have an opinion...... I can speak for myself. I have only shared the FACTS and my opinions. I stand behind all my posts. I can also tell you when the election is over I will not be into these forums for probably about 3 years. I know you support Sharon.. you have been clear about that since day 1. I also know you have an opinion on just about everything.... look at the # of posts you have done over the years. I also really wonder where you get your information as some of is seems a little close to the action. In any event I challenge everyone to log out and stop posting... if they do I will. If they dont I will be here for 1 more day.

*sigh*

What can I say? More personal attacks. Seriously ... why is that necessary?

36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

thefacts wrote: I have only shared the FACTS and my opinions.

I've read your posts. They're full of opinion, and you're entitled to that. They are, however, devoid of any facts.

thefacts wrote:I also know you have an opinion on just about everything....

We all do - and we're all entitled to our opinion. Some of us actually share a common opinion or two.

thefacts wrote:look at the # of posts you have done over the years. I also really wonder where you get your information as some of is seems a little close to the action.

Some of us have been around participating in these forums a lot longer, instead of joining simply to post conjecture mislabeled as "facts". As for where anybody might get information - Google is pretty good at picking up on publicly-available information. All of the committee and council agendas and minutes are available and searchable on the City of Kelowna website. Spending a moment to do some research these days is really rather easy.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”