What is REAL Leadership?

canadman
Generalissimo Postalot

What is REAL Leadership?

Post by canadman »

So this was in the Kelowna Daily Courier today and because I couldn't figure out any other way to do it, I retyped this myself here.

This to me is what REAL Leadership is! I know the Sharon rabble will immediately discredit every word of this and continue their campaign of casting dispersions, insults and everything else. But this is not intended for them. For those of you who are still undecided, I think this published piece this morning addresses why I think Walter Gray is the best candidate, especially in the times we face right now.

Hopefully you'll read it (it took long enough for me to type it out lol, I hope you do) and give it consideration.

What is Leadership?

by Walter Gray Your Candidate for Mayor of Kelowna

Leadership is the ability to achieve results.

Leadership is the ability to make decisions and ensure progress.

Leadership is being open to new ideas and new ways of doing things.

Leadership While in Office:

• Lobbied for the W.R. Bennett Bridge - construction completed shortly after leaving office
• Prospera Place built as a public private partnership saving tax payer dollars
• Arts District was concept formulated through key partnerships • Major sewer upgrades in Rutland
• Downtown Queensway transit mall
• Rotary Centre for the Arts – worked with Rotary groups to become title sponsor of the project
• All 3 phases of the Greenway were constructed
• Director for BC Transit
• Rails with Trails phase 1 was completed
• In combination with Senator Fitzpatrick achieved Federal funding for building beautification
• Ben Lee Park created
• Accelerated UBC-O campus housing project to meet timelines of opening
• Rebuit/replaced the Chapman Parkade downtown
• Acquired numerous lakeshore properties for future public use
• Kelowna Airport moved from 17th busiest to 9th busiest in Canada
• Mayor during the Firestorm 2003
• Completion of Summit Drive over Dilworth Mountain
• Brought first hybrid buses to Kelowna – only 8 in Canada, we got 2
• On the team that brought the BC Seniors Games to Kelowna
• Member of the Premiers Task Force on Homelessness, Mental Illness & Addictions - Secured funding for addictions treatment in Kelowna ‐ $4.75 million from Province

Leadership Out of Office:

• Founding Director of Kelowna Snowfest Committee
• Past President of Kelowna Chamber of Commerce (2 time President)
• President of the Okanagan Neurological Association ‐ now the Child Development Centre
• Founding member of the Gospel Mission’s 30K Club
• Honorary Chair of Ballet Kelowna’s 2008 Pirouette
• Chair of Bold Horizons Capital campaign – raising $4.1million for Okanagan College
• Fundraising Chair – Hospice House Palliative Care – raised $3.7 million to build facility

This is the most important election in recent years!

Vote for Strong Leadership, Strong Vision, a Strong Economy

Vote Walter Gray for Mayor
"The road to hell is paved with concrete."
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Re: What is REAL Leadership?

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Oh good another Waltermercial that says nothing thanks Cana !
canadman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by canadman »

Oh good... another Walter hater that says nothing. Thanks Takin
thefacts

Post by thefacts »

canadman wrote:So this was in the Kelowna Daily Courier today and because I couldn't figure out any other way to do it, I retyped this myself here.

This to me is what REAL Leadership is! I know the Sharon rabble will immediately discredit every word of this and continue their campaign of casting dispersions, insults and everything else. But this is not intended for them. For those of you who are still undecided, I think this published piece this morning addresses why I think Walter Gray is the best candidate, especially in the times we face right now.

Hopefully you'll read it (it took long enough for me to type it out lol, I hope you do) and give it consideration.

What is Leadership?

• Lobbied for the W.R. Bennett Bridge - construction completed shortly after leaving office
• Arts District was concept formulated through key partnerships • Major sewer upgrades in Rutland
• Rotary Centre for the Arts – worked with Rotary groups to become title sponsor of the project
• In combination with Senator Fitzpatrick achieved Federal funding for building beautification
• Ben Lee Park created
• Member of the Premiers Task Force on Homelessness, Mental Illness & Addictions - Secured funding for addictions treatment in Kelowna ‐ $4.75 million from Province

• President of the Okanagan Neurological Association ‐ now the Child Development Centre
• Chair of Bold Horizons Capital campaign – raising $4.1million for Okanagan College
• Fundraising Chair – Hospice House Palliative Care – raised $3.7 million to build facility

Thank you for taking the time to type this... this is very good information. It shows a great track record of accomplishments and success. Walter it a great leader in and out of office.
justlooking4work

Post by justlooking4work »

canadman wrote:So this was in the Kelowna Daily Courier today and because I couldn't figure out any other way to do it, I retyped this myself here.

What is Leadership?

• Ben Lee Park created

THIS IS GREAT THANK YOU!!
beachday

Post by beachday »

justlooking4work wrote:

What is Leadership?

• Ben Lee Park created

THIS IS GREAT THANK YOU!!

Thank you for taking the time to type this out! I quite enjoyed reading it and cast my vote already for Walter gray, he is a true leader! :sunshine:
justlooking4work

Post by justlooking4work »

I heard he was at the Kelowna Sikh Temple today and did an excellent job. Very true he is a true leader.
canadman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by canadman »

Your welcome. Frankly it was worth the effort. I truly want Walter gray to win and while I know I'm about to get blasted on here for this, I've met him on several occasions. I like the man. People talk about his age, lol, I'm 47 and Walter Gray has a lot more energy than I do! :) He's smart, he gets things done and times the way they are, he's the right leader for right now.

As for all the Walter haters on here, frankly I doubt many of the people have even met the man. I like Sharon too, don't get me wrong. I've met her a couple of times as well, just right now I think we need someone who can be decisive, who's not afraid to stand by his convictions and has the business smarts to get our economy locally back up and running...

Now I'll let GrammaFreddy, Mtn Biker, Takin It Easy and the rest of Sharon Shepherd's family (it's a joke) hijack this thread and start ripping me and Mr. Gray apart. lol
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

canadman wrote:Oh good... another Walter hater that says nothing. Thanks Takin
I have tried too explain to one of your crew members before that "hate"is a word that seems to get used as a defence word against others when they cant get their own way or fail too realize others may have an opinion as well.
I can assure you that I for one do not hate anyone Walter included however I do "hate" the destructive fallout to our City and its citizens if this group were to actually do well at the polls but I think the people of Kelowna are too intelligent for that too happen !
Last edited by Takin it easy ! on Nov 18th, 2011, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canadman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by canadman »

Fair enough Takin It Easy. I meant it in jest, well to some extent. Some on here have been pretty hateful.
canadman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by canadman »

Wow. no body attacking me. Must be a slow day in snow city. :)
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

canadman wrote: Some on here have been pretty hateful.

yes you have, the first step is to admit it....WTG :sunshine:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

canadman wrote:

Okay, I read it and I did give it honest consideration. I also recognize it took you quite some time to type it all out.

I stated quite some time ago that I had set a benchmark line for who I would vote for. If the various candidates got past that first benchmark, then I would look at their platforms and review their "visions" and service records. Your candidate did not pass my first benchmark because he did not respond.

If you or he has an issue with that, then I suggest responding to citizen concerns, no matter what they are, might come a little higher in the priority list when running for office.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
canadman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by canadman »

Thanks grammafreddy for outlining your criteria. Fortunately this election is not all about you. Walter Gray DOES fit MY criteria. Guess that's why it's one person - one vote.
canadman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by canadman »

Logitack wrote:
canadman wrote: Some on here have been pretty hateful.

yes you have, the first step is to admit it....WTG :sunshine:

Thanks Logitack. Would you be able to quote one of my 'hateful' posts? Have I attacked Sharon Shepherd personally anywhere? Have I called her names? No. In fact, even in this thread I expressed I like Sharon Shepherd and think she's very nice, just not the right leader for the times. Don't think that's hateful.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”