A Positive Thread

beachday

Re: A Positive Thread

Post by beachday »

Rrichard Taylor, I read your blog post from the link you provided above and although we do differ on a few candidates, I applaud your research and comments! I went back to show my husband and the link has been removed! Is there any way you can start a new thread topic and copie what is written in your blog here as I believe your research and thoughts should be shared with everyone. :sunshine:
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

beachday wrote:Rrichard Taylor, I read your blog post from the link you provided above and although we do differ on a few candidates, I applaud your research and comments! I went back to show my husband and the link has been removed! Is there any way you can start a new thread topic and copie what is written in your blog here as I believe your research and thoughts should be shared with everyone. :sunshine:
Lol ! Richard was found to be a spammer much like others from the FourGreed Camp in the last couple of days happy voting today folks remember say "NO" to the greedy few ! Not at all surprised you posted this crap !
beachday

Post by beachday »

Takin it easy ! wrote:
beachday wrote:Rrichard Taylor, I read your blog post from the link you provided above and although we do differ on a few candidates, I applaud your research and comments! I went back to show my husband and the link has been removed! Is there any way you can start a new thread topic and copie what is written in your blog here as I believe your research and thoughts should be shared with everyone. :sunshine:
Lol ! Richard was found to be a spammer much like others from the FourGreed Camp in the last couple of days happy voting today folks remember say "NO" to the greedy few ! Not at all surprised you posted this crap !

This is supposed to be a positive thread... Why can you not keep it that way??
Takin it easy !
Übergod

beachday wrote:
Takin it easy ! wrote:

This is supposed to be a positive thread... Why can you not keep it that way??
The truth is a positive thing :sunshine:
watchingfromthesidelines

Post by watchingfromthesidelines »

beachday - if you google Richard Taylor + Kelowna and scroll down 8 topics, you'll see something that's called KelownaVotes - my 9 choices. I believe that is the article you are asking about. Have a good day.
beachday

Post by beachday »

watchingfromthesidelines wrote:beachday - if you google Richard Taylor + Kelowna and scroll down 8 topics, you'll see something that's called KelownaVotes - my 9 choices. I believe that is the article you are asking about. Have a good day.

Great! Thanks so much!!!
bones1584

Post by bones1584 »

I voted Walter Gray because in conversations on my issues with both Gray & Shepherd Gray answered the in the way I felt would be best for Kelowna.

I think that change is good and Gray has experience that will prevent excessive down time after a transition.

Gray is not an 'activist' and a business person and the Kelowna business comunity encouraged him to run again, thus the business community wants to see this change.

Gray has sucessful business history. I think this will bring business to kelowna. I apply for jobs with business I like and stay with bosses I like and trust that the business comunity reacts the same and they will want to be part of sucess.

I like the "GRAY Cup" too. :dyinglaughing:

Good thread
richardtaylor1973

Post by richardtaylor1973 »

*removed/Jo*
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

People are entitled to vote how they wish. Just because they do not have the same views as somebody else , that doesn't make them wrong in any way , it just means they have a different opinion. You are entitled to your views and may vote as such. I am entitled to my opinions and will vote based on them. A person does not have to be "with" a group to share their views.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

richardtaylor1973 wrote:
Takin it easy ! wrote:Lol ! Richard was found to be a spammer much like others from the FourGreed Camp in the last couple of days happy voting today folks remember say "NO" to the greedy few ! Not at all surprised you posted this crap !

Having respect for others opinions shows character. I'll give you an example of this.

In the last few weeks I've worked to create and maintain the http://kelownavotes.mobi mobile web app. This has been in partnership with my friend Frithjof (Twitter: @Frith64). We have very distinct political views. After picking our 9 there is absolutely zero overlap.

We've discussed or politics, our candidates at some length. We've debated via Twitter and on blog threads as well as in real life.

At not one time has either of us used the word 'crap' - or anything else derisory to describe each others thoughts or opinions. We simply challenge each other and (most often) agree to disagree.

Also, for the record, I have nothing to do with FourChange. I made my mind up on Basran and Zimmerman long before FourChange did, on Given (who I'd vote for) and Gran (who I wouldn't) without any help from them.

If you took the time to read my posts regarding FourChange you'd know my position towards them - which is by no means one of alignment.

Please do your research and get your facts straight before labeling people.

As for spam - as outlined in my previous post, I believe Jo made an error of judgement with that, and given a couple of other PMs and messages on Twitter that I have received, so do others - they consider it either censorship or an error.
Not going to fly with me Richard trying to pass the buck to Jo and infering she has poor judgement when deleting your spam.
5 word messages on twitter mean little 74% of the population dont even bother using this time bandit.
And your mobile apps Im sticking with the word "CRAP" until I come up with better terminology.
Oh I see Justlooking4 signed in for another shift :sunshine:
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

gordon_as wrote:People are entitled to vote how they wish. Just because they do not have the same views as somebody else , that doesn't make them wrong in any way , it just means they have a different opinion. You are entitled to your views and may vote as such. I am entitled to my opinions and will vote based on them. A person does not have to be "with" a group to share their views.

THIS is why I started the thread. Too many people have been judging and getting hostile, too few offering unbiased facts and letting people draw their own conclusions.

Well, it is off to the polls for me!
I haven't failed until I quit.
KelownaGuy19

Post by KelownaGuy19 »

I'm not going to comment on who I voted for, but I've chatted with a LOT of people today, and almost everyone I spoke to (most in the under-30 set) told me that they had voted, or planned to in the next few hours. Perhaps there's hope that youth voter apathy isn't as widespread as imagined!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I could not believe the turn out where we were, has this ever happened in a civic election before? It's like a tsunami of attention where a wave of apathy has gone before.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
grumpies daughter
Board Meister

Post by grumpies daughter »

I thought the little I VOTED TODAY stickers were a great idea. Everywhere we went after voting, people commented, and some said oh yah I have to go vote today.
try to live your whole life west of the rockies
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

We've had a higher voter turnout today than in recent elections; that is great! It was a close race on many fronts. People got out and exercised their vote. Any way you cut it, the people have spoken. It was close, but what's done is done.

Congrats to all of the winners, and a handshake to all those who did not make it for their effort.

Not an awful lot of people I voted got anywhere, I guess I favour "the underdog".
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”