Slander et al temporarily shuts down site

thefacts

Re: Slander, Defamation and Hostile cussing temporarily shut

Post by thefacts »

36Drew wrote:
thefacts wrote: I have only shared the FACTS and my opinions.

I've read your posts. They're full of opinion, and you're entitled to that. They are, however, devoid of any facts.

thefacts wrote:I also know you have an opinion on just about everything....

We all do - and we're all entitled to our opinion. Some of us actually share a common opinion or two.

thefacts wrote:look at the # of posts you have done over the years. I also really wonder where you get your information as some of is seems a little close to the action.

Some of us have been around participating in these forums a lot longer, instead of joining simply to post conjecture mislabeled as "facts". As for where anybody might get information - Google is pretty good at picking up on publicly-available information. All of the committee and council agendas and minutes are available and searchable on the City of Kelowna website. Spending a moment to do some research these days is really rather easy.

I agree getting information is much easier that it use to be... for that I am thankful. What is a shame is how people can post BS Anonymously. These forums would be much better if we all had our names to em!!!
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

thefacts wrote:What is a shame is how people can post BS Anonymously. These forums would be much better if we all had our names to em!!!

ummmmmmmmmmmmm you realize YOU are posting anonymously, right? LOL, unbelievable sentence!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

thefacts wrote:These forums would be much better if we all had our names to em!!!

You have a very interesting real name. Does it actually say that on your birth certificate?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

thefacts wrote:I agree getting information is much easier that it use to be... for that I am thankful. What is a shame is how people can post BS Anonymously. These forums would be much better if we all had our names to em!!!

"thefacts"

vs

"36Drew"

Sorry - I'll work harder to come up with a username less anonymous than yours.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Yes, it's so much better when people sling BS using their real names.

The Castanet forums have always had and will continue to have pseudonyms. You are free to use your real name if you wish. Get over it.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

What is a shame is how people can post BS Anonymously. These forums would be much better if we all had our names to em!!!

Walter, is that you? :200:
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

justlooking4work wrote:Now let's go vote! May the best man win.

Do you not mean "Candidate" instead of "man"? Not all of the candidates are male.

(ETA: Somebody kindly pointed out that Castanet does not permit editing of quotes. No mischief intended, and has been rectified).
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
bones1584

Post by bones1584 »

Nebula wrote:There's been ample mudslinging from both sides.

You should have seen what was on the site..... I can even put it here and I am just trying to forget it. I posted this here because i thougth we should all know and that is why I said be respectfull. Then the facebook attack... and if I offend people in these forums I apologize for associating you with the attack but it blew me away at how low it can get.

By the way who edited this topic header. It was mine and you had no right to edit it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

bones1584 wrote: By the way who edited this topic header. It was mine and you had no right to edit it.

Only you or a Moderator and they can do as they please. The original may not have been appropriate.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
chloeskates

Re: Slander et al temporarily shuts down site

Post by chloeskates »

What I find sad about this whole election is how devisive it has made the community. I think it started with Fourchange, and then honestly backed-up by Walter, taking negative aim towards 4 current councillors and subsequently the mayor for 'leadership' and basically the current state of the economy. I can't believe how hostile it has become between the 2 groups but I can't help but wish it had all started differently- without the negative attacks from the beginning (instead talking about the issues and what candidates can offer the community if they were elected). I've heard 4change and Gray talk about how they hope this will all cause people to at least get out and vote but is it really worth it when it ends up dividing the community as badly as I think it has?
richardtaylor1973

Post by richardtaylor1973 »

chloeskates wrote:What I find sad about this whole election is how devisive it has made the community.

Agreed.

chloeskates wrote:I think it started with Fourchange

Wrong. The seeds for this hostility were planted long ago - I'd say in Mayor Shepherd's first term. We didn't see it on '08 as the local election was the last thing on many people's minds as stock markets crashed and financial turmoil began. Oh - and she effectively ran unopposed in an election with 19% turnout. The seeds of hostility then got fertilized with the CD21 decision, before Walter's declaration of candidacy really made them bloom. Fourchange have just been a little last-minute misting spray.

This was always going to be a hard campaign for both sides with mud flying in all directions and scars to deal with afterwards.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Considering the CD21 decision was the right one under the circumstances, I'd say the CD21 beneficiaries were the behind-the-scenes trouble. If they had bothered to educate themselves, they'd see the new downtown plan hasn't been changed all that much. They'd still get their towers and the people would get to keep their waterfront. Perhaps it didn't appease the right beneficiaries, though?

I posted the maps and drawings and, if Gray gets elected, it will be interesting to see if those towers get built. I say they won't - at least, not any time soon. The developers don't have enough land mass purchased from the small landowners to built them yet. They couldn't get them built during the boom times when the zoning allowed for 20 storeys on all the lots downtown and now that developers are cancelling projects all over town, they won't be building them now - not until the economy in North America picks up and not until the glut of condos on the Kelowna market is sold.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

You are right gramma, and the only one that will be built in the next ten years will be on the old willow inn property, as long as we give Milroy kerry park for free for his development. IMHO.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

rutland1 wrote:You are right gramma, and the only one that will be built in the next ten years will be on the old willow inn property, as long as we give Milroy kerry park for free for his development. IMHO.

I am not totally convinced Milroy is the rotten apple he's being painted. One thing is very clear to me. He was encouraged to design some plan for downtown and he did rather get screwed - and took almost all the heat for it, too. CD21 was merely a "vision" but people were led to believe it was a done deal - and it never was. Other than Milroy's hotel, there were no other high rises planned or ready to be built by other developers. It was a very long range vision of something that perhaps could be done in the future - like in 20-30 years - and certainly was not, and never would be, the solution to the issues facing Lawrence and Leon. The new downtown plan won't get highrises built, either, nor will it solve those L&L problems.

I am not anti-development nor am I against high rise towers. But I sure don't like all the untruths being flung around about the CD21 plan and the "hidden agenda" behind it now.

The council that turned it down did the right thing. There was a fast one being pulled and a railroading job, and the new council members were wise enough to say they needed ALL the information and history before they could approve it. That was denied to them and they were being asked (pressured is more accurate) to approve something that was a major change to the downtown core without being allowed access or the ability to discuss it with landowners, staff or council members who had been part of the original discussion and planning. That was just wrong in my book and should be wrong in everybody's book. It's the same thing as somebody pressuring you to sign some legal document without allowing you to read it or consult with anyone else first.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”