Who will be mayor?

Giants Head
Fledgling

Who will be mayor?

Post by Giants Head »

Lets hear your predictions for tomorrow night. Not who you want to be mayor but the person who will actually land the job. I think Dan Ashton will take it by a very small margin of the vote.
Captain77
Fledgling

Re: Who will be mayor?

Post by Captain77 »

Okay - I also predict a win for Dan Ashton. Followed closely by Bloomfield , Robinson back a bit and Powell taking up the rear.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

This one may be too close to call but I'm thinking Dan will squeak it out. On the positive side, we could do a lot worse than either of the top two condenders as Mayor. Katie tied an anchor to her butt from day one with her citicism of the core services review, cupe negotiations and employee moral.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

I predict Julius will take it, easily. I recall a few mayors of past times (ie: Whittaker, Campbell, Kimberley, Perry) who not only had good records but they were actually approachable, friendly and got the job done. I see those characteristics in both Julius and Katie.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

OT but what a crappy day weather wise for election turnout. It's bad enough already. Are we going to see sub 30%?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I'm seeing a very close race between Julius and Dan, too close to call from here.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
DblDwn11
Fledgling

Post by DblDwn11 »

I think Dan will win -- margin will be close though.

As for turn-out, I really hope that we do better then 30%. It only takes a few minutes to vote. It takes longer to get through the Tim Horton's drive-thru.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Seniors in this area tend to be fiscal conservatives. If the weather keeps them from driving, it would effect Dan more than Julius.

twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

twobits wrote:OT but what a crappy day weather wise for election turnout. It's bad enough already. Are we going to see sub 30%?

Retract that. The grey morning has turned out quite nice and roads are bare and dry so let's hope for a good turnout

irish61
Fledgling

Post by irish61 »

Ashton in by the hair of his chinny chin chin! Hope he pays attention to the fact he almost got voted out. I'm seriously sad he got back in but that is the way the cookie crumbles. Good on you voters for casting your votes and having your say!
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

irish61 wrote:Ashton in by the hair of his chinny chin chin! Hope he pays attention to the fact he almost got voted out. I'm seriously sad he got back in but that is the way the cookie crumbles. Good on you voters for casting your votes and having your say!

Something like 146 votes; and if you do the math (grade 2 math) its evident that the large majority of voters did NOT vote for Ashton. It was ONLY the three way split that let him back in...as you say..by the hair of his chinny chin chin. Pearce is gone; thats one nicety. I wonder though, how Vassalaki will get along with a 22 year old...lol. Too bad Katie didnt do the right thing and back out at the last minute and throw her support to Julius; you could see that both her and Julius were very popular and were going to score big.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Apparently operation clean sweep was only a dust buster in need of a recharge.

XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Well, at least we got rid of the Warden. His record of arrogance and bluntness cost him this time. With two new faces on council perhaps we will see some transparency finally. Wes Hopkins is a pretty interesting and bright young fellow. Now, if we can just keep Ashton out of the RDOS board room (at least not as the chairman), that will be a major step. We need a full time mayor; not one constantly wearing two hats. He shouldn't get cocky though, over the win, as the majority of voters did not vote for him. These darn three-way splits are a pain.
Stellerjay
Fledgling

Post by Stellerjay »

Its funny how this town is in the *bleep* and as a community we vote back in the people who have been steering the ship. Oh well that's Democracy. I'm sure we'll be having the same discussion about how to "fix" this town four years from now. Austerity Ashton will see to that.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Well, if you do the math, it comes to this: 5361 votes against Ashton and 3124 in favor. Yes indeed, he did win but the majority of voters did not endorse him. He should remember this and not go off half C_cked. Too bad those other voters could not get together and form a coalition. Looks like a similar situation in Kelowna tonight; ol Walter got back in but by very little. We didn't clean house tonight but at least some of the arrogance was voted off the Island; its a good start. I was glad to see that the mall manager didn't get in but dissapointed that Frank Conci didnt make it; we needed some representation from the Industrial Area.

Return to “C.E. Penticton”