Pack your bags Sharon, you're gone!

LT1_9C1

Pack your bags Sharon, you're gone!

Post by LT1_9C1 »

Pack your bags SHARON!!!! YOUR GONE!!!!
logicalview
Guru

Re: Pack your bags SHARON!!!! YOUR GONE!!!!

Post by logicalview »

Thank goodness!
Not afraid to say "It".
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Not all that's gone. Talked to my son and the results just cemented his and his partners decision not to expand into K'town and I'll have to carefully consider my negotiations for a chain of stores.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

*sighs*

There is no need to be nasty or snide. The election is over. How about the people who supported the winners and the people who supported the losers BOTH try to show some grace and maturity?
I haven't failed until I quit.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

True, the election is over and now people have to live with their decision until the next election.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cumungala
Übergod

Post by Cumungala »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaTElBljOE
Even though this song is titled Kiss Him Goodbye, not Kiss Her Goodbye, it still fits the situation.

Wow talk about a close race. Gray beat Shepherd by 421 votes. The only other city in the Okanagan to have elected a new mayor is Vernon. Even the Penticton mayor is getting another term. Kelowna has a whole new slate of city councillors too. Only 3 are returning and the other 5 are new. Can't wait to see what our new city council has in store.
Last edited by Cumungala on Nov 19th, 2011, 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SunBunny
Fledgling

Post by SunBunny »

Congrats to the Winner.. It was a close!
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Walter is not a pro-business owner unless he thinks you can do something for him.

You want to discuss my business, PM me.

knowledgeisking

Post by knowledgeisking »

oneh2obabe wrote:Walter is not a pro-business owner unless he thinks you can do something for him.

You want to discuss my business, PM me.

I'm not a big Walter or Sharon fan but this council is far better than the previous in my opinion and thats what matters
I'm smarter than you, I'm better looking than you and I probably have way more friends than you. I'm definintely taller than you. Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

You have your opinion and I have mine ... apparently they aren't the same and that's okay with me.

TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

Sounds like sour grapes to me but I'm sure for every one that decides to not come to Kelowna, there will be one who will come to Kelowna. Despite all the nasty comments about the election, we still live in a great place. So, let's suck it up and get on with life.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

knowledgeisking wrote:
I'm not a big Walter or Sharon fan but this council is far better than the previous in my opinion and thats what matters

I hope you are right. time will tell how much iimprovement and whether or not Kelowna is better off with Gray and this new council . I will be watching closely.
okanagan_sports
Fledgling

Post by okanagan_sports »

LT1_9C1 wrote:Pack your bags SHARON!!!! YOUR GONE!!!!

Sharon Sheperd: you are a decent woman, but the people of Kelowna kicked you out, because you weren't providing this city with either the vision, the leadership, or the future planning required of a city of this size. Good luck with your affairs and thank you for serving this community.

It's also very good to see that, for the first time ever, Kelownians voted in two Asian-Canadian council members; Colin Basran and Mohini Singh. In the 17 years I have lived in this area, we have not seen a single Asian voted into Kelowna chambers, since the late Ben Lee of Rutland got elected. Congrats to both Mr. Basran and Ms. Singh.

We hope this new infusion of political talent will make a difference in the coming weeks and months. It is very clear that this is not the same Kelowna your father and grandfather once lived in ! The local economy is still quite sluggish and many young people cannot find work, here. Let's hope that Mr. Gray can improve things.
In the battle between the Lion and the Wolf, the Lion shall kick the Wolf's *bleep* !
knowledgeisking

Post by knowledgeisking »

Off topic/Trip
I'm smarter than you, I'm better looking than you and I probably have way more friends than you. I'm definintely taller than you. Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Unless Ben Lee died in the last 6 months he is still alive.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”