Kelowna Voting Results!

Evan
Board Meister

Re: Kelowna Voting Results!

Post by Evan »

You go Sharon!

"Good luck. He's got three years and hopefully he carries the community forward. He's made some suggestions that he's got some ideas and I guess the community will look forward to hearing those. I never heard anything exact, it was a lot of broader suggestions so it will be nice to see some specifics."
To be inspired.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

The advance polls had the highest number of voters, I believe this shows people need that convenience to get out and vote, I hope they keep the early advance polls and the three days. Also next time we may be voting in October and the weather may not be as much as a factor.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

And my last comment on this election ...

Never in all my days, working on elections as a journalist, with candidates on their campaigns and as an elected official myself, have I ever seen such an absolutely dirty campaign as what the Gray side ran against the other candidates. Anyone who was a part of all those smears, slams, dirt digging and lies should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. You know who you are and you disgust me.

I will be very happy to see all these election threads get locked up tight and descend into the dusty archives.

I haven't finished yet with the chickens. Join me in my fight.

And I am about to start on affordable rental housing for low income workers. Join me in this one, too.

You know where to find me.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

weather a factor? the voter participation went for 20% to 33%. thats a pretty hefty increase.....albeit overall only a third of eligible voters did actually vote.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Logitack wrote:weather a factor? the voter participation went for 20% to 33%. thats a pretty hefty increase.....albeit overall only a third of eligible voters did actually vote.

that is why I said "may not be" don't know if it was or not, but I do know if the weather wasn't clear after the work day on Saturday some ppl that would not have gone to vote
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Evan
Board Meister

Post by Evan »

LOL, a local artist had this to say on facebook:

"Damn. Looking for Kim Kardasian's name on the ballot cause I "know" her. She was on the media."
To be inspired.
kalidgh

Post by kalidgh »

kelowna tossed him out 6 years ago. Voted him back in at the ripe old age of 71. How screwed up is this city?? He wont make re-election, the whole city will flop around for 3 years, Mr Moving forward will accomplish dick all in that time frame.

How sad it is.

Thank God I moved across the bridge last week. Ay least my tax dollars are not going to a new mercedes for the mayor to drive ( which was Walters last mayor car)

Enjoy Kelowna, you have you wish
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

GenesisGT wrote:
Logitack wrote:weather a factor? the voter participation went for 20% to 33%. thats a pretty hefty increase.....albeit overall only a third of eligible voters did actually vote.

that is why I said "may not be" don't know if it was or not, but I do know if the weather wasn't clear after the work day on Saturday some ppl that would not have gone to vote

Judging by the line ups I seen today, I would have thought it would have been more then 33%. Maybe the long lines were a bit of a discouragement to some voters. perhaps more polling stations next time round.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Logitack wrote:take the city of kelowna survey on election...

http://www.kelowna.ca/CM/Page3626.aspx

Take the survey the last page you can add comments to improve the process, more polling stations is a good one, I suggested better polling locations in Rutland,,
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

I predict that Walter will not run again, and neither would have Sharon had she won. So Walter 's got to work fast to make the bed for the next mayor . . . ANDRE! (I think I just made myself sick). Also I'll be surprised not to see the disingenuous traits
Walter exhibited in his past tenure, and just how independent of influence the new councillors elect claim they'll be.
Last edited by Ub2 on Nov 19th, 2011, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canadman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by canadman »

grammafreddy wrote:And my last comment on this election ...

Never in all my days, working on elections as a journalist, with candidates on their campaigns and as an elected official myself, have I ever seen such an absolutely dirty campaign as what the Gray side ran against the other candidates. Anyone who was a part of all those smears, slams, dirt digging and lies should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. You know who you are and you disgust me.

I will be very happy to see all these election threads get locked up tight and descend into the dusty archives.

And I am about to start on affordable rental housing for low income workers. Join me in this one, too.

Wow, sour grapes, how classy. If you felt so strongly, maybe YOU should have run... But then again, maybe you did. :)
"The road to hell is paved with concrete."
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Sharon didn't lose on a dirty campaign. She lost because she didn't have vision and leadership. She is a lovely lady. But she was backed by a slate of spineless numbwits. As a result, they are gone too.

Good luck Sharon. Enjoy your time away from the nasty world of politics. The one where everyone who serves, or wants to serve, has a target on their back by the givers and takers.
Not afraid to say "It".
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

canadman wrote:

Wow, sour grapes, how classy. If you felt so strongly, maybe YOU should have run... But then again, maybe you did. :)

That's not sour grapes, Honey. For someone who doesn't even live in Kelowna or get to vote here, you did your share of smear and misinformation. I won't forget you.

No, my days in public office are over. I did not run and I will not in the future, either. I'll nail *bleep* to crosses from behind the scenes and make sure they are accountable to the masses not just their buddies.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

grammafreddy wrote:
canadman wrote:

That's not sour grapes, Honey. For someone who doesn't even live in Kelowna or get to vote here, you did your share of smear and misinformation. I won't forget you.

No, my days in public office are over. I did not run and I will not in the future, either. I'll nail *bleep* to crosses from behind the scenes and make sure they are accountable to the masses not just their buddies.

WELL SAID!
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

grammafreddy wrote: I'll nail *bleep* to crosses from behind the scenes and make sure they are accountable to the masses not just their buddies.

Much like how the electorate held Sharon accountable. Not to mention her flock.

How badly were their *bleep* nailed to crosses?

The vote means incumbents James, Craig, Hodge, Reid-Nagy and Michele Rule failed to win re-election, the largest turnover ever of incumbents in a Kelowna council election.
Not afraid to say "It".

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”