Today's Daily Devotional

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Todays Daily Devotional

Post by binky11 »

It was the comments such as........

eat breakfast
take a poop
go to work
................is that ANY religion or just rude?

And this...............
I'll raise you a cup of coffee and 2 spoons of cough syrup.

Actually, we shouldn't bother these religious nuts. They're not hurting us. Millions of people around the world that can't use condoms, or get abused when they are young, yes, but they're not hurting us.

Thats just to name a couple. It's inappropiate, plain and simple. All I am saying is that there has not been able to be onew single christian thread on this forum that was not bashed by non-christians. Christians should be able to speak on here without rude interuption EVERY time from people who are onviously just there to cause trouble. There are hundreds of posts where this has happened, in fact I would bet almost ALL of them. If another religion wanted a thread to talk about THEIR religion I wouldnt think about going in and bashing them. In fact, why would I go in at all? Talk about turning the other cheek? If the athiests on this board could do that, it would be worth a visit. I don't visit threads on topics that don't interest or concern me, I have that right, but why would I? Makes one wonder why they do come in to these posts. Maybe they ARE interested in Christianity :sunshine:
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

binky11 wrote:It was the comments such as........

eat breakfast
take a poop
go to work
................is that ANY religion or just rude?

And this...............
I'll raise you a cup of coffee and 2 spoons of cough syrup.

Actually, we shouldn't bother these religious nuts. They're not hurting us. Millions of people around the world that can't use condoms, or get abused when they are young, yes, but they're not hurting us.

Thats just to name a couple. It's inappropiate, plain and simple. All I am saying is that there has not been able to be onew single christian thread on this forum that was not bashed by non-christians. Christians should be able to speak on here without rude interuption EVERY time from people who are onviously just there to cause trouble. There are hundreds of posts where this has happened, in fact I would bet almost ALL of them. If another religion wanted a thread to talk about THEIR religion I wouldnt think about going in and bashing them. In fact, why would I go in at all? Talk about turning the other cheek? If the athiests on this board could do that, it would be worth a visit. I don't visit threads on topics that don't interest or concern me, I have that right, but why would I? Makes one wonder why they do come in to these posts. Maybe they ARE interested in Christianity :sunshine:

There you go again Binky11 assuming topics under the Religion & Philosophy discussion heading refers to Christianity. And WHY do you assume people who visit these threads are "atheists"? Maybe you could begin a discussion in the Reposte & Parry Discussion, but even then you should expect to receive feedback from those opposed to Christianity because the sad fact is, historically Christianity has been the source of more pain and suffering and judgement than, I would dare to say any other religion in the world. However, I can, somewhat understand how easy it is to not really see the pain Christianity has wreaked upon others' lives when viewing it from a personal perspective (to qualify -- I was a Christian at one point in my life).

I would suggest your obvious anger towards non-believers in your posts do little towards furthering the cause of the Christian mission Jesus has given you...just sayin Binky11

This is really how you might draw people to your cause Binky11...

Luke 6:27-36

[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you.

[32] "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. [33] And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. [34] And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. [35] But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. [36] Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

:ohmygod: I do not need to be preached at by someone of another religion please and thank you. Maybe please hear what I am NOT saying, I do not always come across properly. I am simply saying, that hundreds of christians have tried to post topics about christianity in this poper thread heading, and they get bashed. Go have a look. Then I get soooo many PM's about people telling me to give it up that this is the worst forum for zero tolerance for Christians. They said they have tried and tried but they have had to give up. Example...........I posted a question about anybody knowing anything about the emergent church and are they also having problems finding a good church these days (as they are changing) Well I made it clear I wanted to hear from those that 1) knew what emergent chuch/movement was 2) Were maybe experiencing the same problem 3) Had any suggestions as to what they were doing about ect ect ect. Go read that post and tell me you think the responses were appropriate? If you do not go to church this did not concern you. But every atheist in the woodwork came out slamming me. It happens to anybody trying to have any decent christian conversation on here, it is impossible. If you took the time to read the majority of posts made by christians in this thread, you would not be able to deny they get attacked. Thats not my opinion, its a fact. And THAT is what I am complaining about. When someone writes a nice devotional, and the response is.....
eat breakfast
take a poop
go to work
I find that offensive.
And
..............Actually, we shouldn't bother these religious nuts

Thats immature name calling and I don't like it. Don't preach to me about loving my neighbor and my enemies, I have a great deal of love for all people, but not always for what they stand for, hate the sin, not the sinner.

I am so saddened coffee that you have walked away from your faith. The bible says that many will walk away and be deceived in the end times. The bible also says it is better to have never known HIM, then to have tasted HIm and walk away.
Satan will win some over in the end times, I am truley saddened for both you and your son.
Bottom line here, if I came across wrong I am sorry, I just don't like Christian bashing and I think they should be able to carry on a conversation in here and that people should be able to post a devotional (of any religion) with the likes of eat breakfast
take a poop
go to work
and being called a religious nut. I have every right to be offended over such things. Castanet = zero tolerence for Christians.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Daily Devotional..................
Hebrews 6 4-6

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentence, because to their loss they are cruicfying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

binky11 wrote:It was the comments such as........

eat breakfast
take a poop
go to work

...............is that ANY religion or just rude?

It depends on whether or not you’re praying while you’re pooping.

binky11 wrote: I am so saddened coffee that you have walked away from your faith. The bible says that many will walk away and be deceived in the end times. The bible also says it is better to have never known HIM, then to have tasted HIm and walk away. Satan will win some over in the end times, I am truley saddened for both you and your son.

I find that very presumptuous and very offensive that you would be "saddened" because someone doesn’t have the same belief system as you. How self-righteous and condescending can you get?

p.s. I am not an atheist ( that’s why I pray when I poop ) :wink:
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

removed
Last edited by coffeeFreak on Mar 11th, 2011, 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

steven lloyd wrote:
binky11 wrote:
binky11 wrote: I am so saddened coffee that you have walked away from your faith. The bible says that many will walk away and be deceived in the end times. The bible also says it is better to have never known HIM, then to have tasted HIm and walk away. Satan will win some over in the end times, I am truley saddened for both you and your son.

I find that very presumptuous and very offensive that you would be "saddened" because someone doesn’t have the same belief system as you. How self-righteous and condescending can you get?
:

binky11, I have never bashed Christianity on these threads but if you're wondering why some do.... I also found that comment offensive and took exception to it. I don't want your pity or sympathy and whether or not you can see it, it's venomous, and will draw responses you deem inapropriate.
unclemarty
Board Meister

Post by unclemarty »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIk0_WWIvU8&feature=related[/youtube]

wwhooh!
"Jerusalem is a port city on the shore of eternity." - Yehuda Amichai
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Now I lay me down to sleep,
A bag of peanuts at my feet;.
If I should die before I wake,
Give them to my brother Jake.

(Father Francis John Patrick Mulcahy, M*A*S*H)
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

There is no evil, there is only ignorance.The devil is that part of us that we refuse to take responsibility for and project out and manifest as an external being. It is not true, it is an illusion. That is why I say that Satan is alive and doing well in Christianity. On the same note, god is that part of you that understands the difference between right and wrong, love and hate. We are, above all else, divine beings who create ourselves and our reality. We are pure spirit (energy) trapped in an experiment of physicality of our own making. We have been lied to by religion that has created a duality between spirit and matter. We are both. We are not separate from god (spirit) or each other (matter). We are not immoral sinners. We are lost in a lie that has disconnected us from our true selves by religion and the insanity of duality.

To be born again is to become as a child, to clear our minds of the clap trap of religious dogma, or rules and regulation governing our behaviour. Religion is a yoke around our neck, imprisoning us in the material world, cutting us off from our true spiritual nature. In that nature we cannot do wrong. It is impossible for a divine being to do wrong. If the bible were to be taken as metaphor, we would see that truth reflected there. It is the fundies and their literal interpretation that keep us from that realization. Christhood is a state of knowing the true nature of our being, a state of consciousness, not a person who died for our sins.

Jesus came to free us from sin, not by dying, but by trying to show us our true potential, where sin does not and cannot exist. He even said, that one day we would wake up to that fact and would do great works that would make what he did pale by comparison. It is time to wake up and claim our birth right. It is time to say "Get thee gone!" to the prison of the soul called religion and those who try to impose their servitude on the rest of humanity.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Not bad except for the Jesus part.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Nebula wrote:Not bad except for the Jesus part.

I found that, when talking to Christians, to talk to them in a language they can relate to. I have made it clear that I doubt he ever existed in the flesh, that the story is a composite of much older myths. But like I said before, if the myth is taken as metaphor, there is some useful stuff in there. It is just that is quite a slog to wade through all the over burden to find the gems.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
unclemarty
Board Meister

Post by unclemarty »

"Jerusalem is a port city on the shore of eternity." - Yehuda Amichai
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I often wonder just what it is that makes some people lash out at those who do not share their views. Does it not show a lack of true commitment to one's own beliefs if the thought that they are not shared by everyone sparks a need to condemn?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

cliffy1 wrote: I have made it clear that I doubt he ever existed in the flesh, that the story is a composite of much older myths.

Yes, you've demonstrated several times that you're a conspiracy theorist. May the Zeitgeist be with you.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”