What is the purpose of life?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Frisk
Guru

Re: What is the purpose of life?

Post by Frisk »

Last edited by Frisk on Nov 23rd, 2020, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Quailize wrote:I'm talking about every single one of those thousands of gods. I do not believe in any god.

The reasons humans create these ideas of 'gods' is because we are the only living thing on this planet that actually understands what death is. People create the thought gods as a way to comfort themselves from death and to give themselves a sense of hope that they will travel somewhere else after death.

Death is just the same as it was before birth, before you even existed. It's absolutely nothing. Your mind is rotten, therefore you have no thought.

(This is just my opinion)

This is just my opinion. I believe in quantum physics, quantum mechanics and the holographic universe. I believe we create ourselves and our reality. I believe I am my own god, that we are all our own god. To create ourselves requires consciousness before birth and possibly consciousness after death. I think we keep coming back here because in a perverse way it amuses us.

I think humans a long time ago, did not want to take responsibility for creating the mess they had created so invented a god who was going to punish them for the guilt they felt for their collective neuroses. We grew up, moved on and now don't need this imagined god. Some still resist taking their responsibility for this world and cling to the past, but that is their choice and has nothing to do with our collective evolution. They will catch up when they are ready.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

I always think of the first law of thermodynamics when questioning what happens when our physical body expires.

More specifically, the First Law encompasses three principles one of them being:

The law of conservation of energy

This states that energy can be neither created nor destroyed. However, energy can change forms, and energy can flow from one place to another. The total energy of an isolated system remains the same.

If energy can neither be created nor destroyed, then what happens to the energy that our body encompasses.

This is not a religious belief to me, but strictly based on laws in physics and their applicability in other natural sciences.

So where does the energy that is you go when your physical body dies?

And yes I agree that one should live their life to the fullest and the best thing you can pass on are fond memories people have of your life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_thermodynamics
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Last edited by Frisk on Nov 23rd, 2020, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Quailize wrote:Some people say that when you die the energy is passed into the ground. (Or wherever you are placed after you die)

I would think that your energy would be released from your body upon death.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Last edited by Frisk on Nov 23rd, 2020, 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Quailize wrote:How much energy does the human body contain?

Please realize this a quick internet search at 1am,

The human body contains enormous quantities of energy. In fact, the average adult has as much energy stored in fat as a one-ton battery.

http://www.popsci.com/environment/article/2009-01/harvesting-energy-humans

Here is also an article on how the nervous system works using electrical and chemical energy.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/cm/v22/n1/electrical-design-in-the-human-body
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Quailize wrote:How much energy does the human body contain?

Please realize this a quick internet search at 1am,

Edit deleted my quote and link, it was to goofy, and off topic. :sleepdeprived:

Here is also an article on how the nervous system works using electrical and chemical energy.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/cm/v22/n1/electrical-design-in-the-human-body
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Yes, the body produces vast amounts of energy. What I think about is, "what animates this collection of chemicals and electrical energy?" What is the source of the consciousness that wonders at the mysteries of the universe, that dreams up ideas and concepts and finds a way to bring them into physical reality? Not all of our responses to reality originate in the brain. Consciousness is not an activity of the brain. It originates and exists somewhere else, outside the body. In fact, according to quantum physics and the holographic universe, there is no matter, just energy that vibrates at different frequencies, that nothing really exists without a conscious observer.

Our physical reality is more like a video game being played by pure consciousness; we eat, sleep, work and have bodily functions only in a virtual reality that is scripted by our consciousness.

Holy Moley! It is 4:45 am and my mind wants to go back to sleep now from all that strenuous exercise. Hopefully, it will give you all something to (virtually) chew on for breakfast.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I just woke up.....did I miss anything? :bethecoffee:
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Hmmm wrote:I just woke up.....did I miss anything? :bethecoffee:

Probably. If your perception of reality is dictated by your belief in one book and the musings of the authors of that one book, you probably missed a whole lot.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, therefore, there are only two options: a) The energy in the universe has always been here (ie. the universe had no beginning and it has no end), or b) a Supreme Being (AKA God) was involved.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6688917/ns/ ... -3mVrWe7_w

P.S. The meaning of life to run crowded rooms and yell "FIRE!"
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

the purpose of life is to get 'ahead' of someone else.

if you can harm someone, stabl them in the back, say bad things about them behind
their back, and rip them off and knock them 'down' you will be magically going up
and ahead of them. that's your goal.

and to have lots of enjoyment. the more money you have, the more enjoyment you will have,
and especially seeing how it bothers other people to see you with more money - thgat's the biggest
enjoyment of all. so start by worshipping money. cheat other people. lie and trick and outwit other people to get
money. the amazing thing about money, once you get a lot of it, much more will come very easily.
so sell your soul to get money - that's the main purpose of life. Sel your sould early in life,
and watch the good things come towards you.

Be a jerk. Harm people. Sell your soul. And get lots money.

You will see things work nicely for you, and you will laugh and grin evey day.

But, if you think the purpose of life is to be super honest, extra nice, concerned about other
people as much as yourself, and if you think you will 'do good' whenever you can, good luck to you.
Be prepared to get kicked in the head, even by your own family.

So take your choice. Whatever purpose you want - you can have.
Like being in line at McDonalds - you can have whatever you want.

:sunshine:
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Glacier wrote:Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, therefore, there are only two options: a) The energy in the universe has always been here (ie. the universe had no beginning and it has no end), or b) a Supreme Being (AKA God) was involved.

Option c) something we don't know about yet.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

I agree with Fluffy.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”