Death threats doom Donkey debut

shadowball
Fledgling

Re: Death threats doom Donkey Debut....

Post by shadowball »

janalta wrote:In defense of Landmark...if you read the original press release you would know that it is illegal to run any movie or film publicly until it has been rated.
'Donkey Love' has not been rated....therefore it can not be legally shown in a public theatre.

Then how do other independent releases get shown? Landmark has shown unrated films before. Infact they let Off show unrated films last year. Off gave out terms and conditions for people to sign and they went in knowing the films were unrated and knowing that the screenings were +18.
Meanwhile on their Facebook page Paramount said
“Recently there have been some misadvertising around Kelowna and The Okanagan Film Festival is NOT going to be playing at the Paramount theatre this year. We have not spoken to them regarding the festival and none of their shows are booked to play here.”

Which one is it? Unrated films or no contact?

Knowing the problems this is causing Off I'm extremely sad that Kelowna will now lose a neat little festival that wanted to show "the most effective in thought-provoking, haunting, heart-breaking & hilarious films from around the world." I really wanted to see 'In the Family' or their 'Dark and Comic Showcase' which was an absolute hoot last year. After seeing an absolutely amazing Gay Pride this year I thought we’d see a little more interest in stuff off the mainstream. But I guess Kelowna will keep being the sad little town with no art.
Despite the cost of living ever notice how popular it remains?
emc group
Fledgling

Post by emc group »

At least these guys are not abusing humans. Don't think the donkey will be scarred for life like a young girl would be.
Seeing what these donkeys are use to, they prolly laugh off the attention. I think it is gross, but it is only the guys doing it that are the damaged goods. Can't see any woman wanting any thing to do with a guy like that though.
emc group
Fledgling

Post by emc group »

goalie wrote:This is hilarious because the guys banging the donkeys are doing so because Christians don't believe in contraceptives. Probably Religious people behind the death threats too. Kelowna isn't any better than Afghanistan.

So you think these columbian boys are christians? I have christian friends that put a hat on first. Don't think this has any religious overtones to it.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

shadowball wrote: Then how do other independent releases get shown? Landmark has shown unrated films before. Infact they let Off show unrated films last year. Off gave out terms and conditions for people to sign and they went in knowing the films were unrated and knowing that the screenings were +18.
Meanwhile on their Facebook page Paramount said “Recently there have been some misadvertising around Kelowna and The Okanagan Film Festival is NOT going to be playing at the Paramount theatre this year. We have not spoken to them regarding the festival and none of their shows are booked to play here.”

Which one is it? Unrated films or no contact?

Don't know, don't really care. I sure as heck had no plans to see it either way. Just stating what Castanet's original press release published

Seems to me that the organizers blew this one...sending out public announcements and schedules before they had permission to show the films and before they had a venue confirmed.
http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/81 ... in-Kelowna
Last edited by janalta on Oct 6th, 2012, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Another event pulled from Kelowna thanks to the tight arses. If you didn't like it don't go. I had no intention of going but locals lose on revenue.
JayPeeWhy
Board Meister

Post by JayPeeWhy »

Two of the most intolerant places on earth are the MIddle East and North America. And guess what .....
5VP
Übergod

Post by 5VP »

This has been the stuff of jokes for years.

Speaking of bestiality; It's bad enough watching drunk humans in a *bleep* bar (The Eldorado)...

Can bestiality be reversed??

It appears that the producers of this "film" have not only chosen to open Pandora's box but also smash it's lid, never to be closed again with all this brave new found sexual "freedom" of expression sweeping the nations. YAY!

Obviously there are some here who would enjoy putting this movie's images into their synapses and if someone is intending to make money from this than they might want to check where they are on the Karma scale.

Not for me. Just reading about another way that weak minded humans can't control their basal Neandertal instincts creeps me out.

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick...

BOOOM!!!
Infinite rider on the big dogma...
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

mae wrote:I wonder if this would be getting so much attention if National Geographic were showing it as a documentary on tv?

Depends on the content. If anyone (National Geographic or other) showed a sexual act with an animal, it would get just as much flack. It's one thing to show natural mating rituals between the same species, but very different to show a human and an animal engaged in sex.
JayPeeWhy
Board Meister

Post by JayPeeWhy »

I've not seen the film. But there are a couple of issues that raise their heads.

Does the film promote the act or inform that it is happening? Supposedly the latter, which is important. The ability to inform society of what happens around the world is a right. Your choice to watch it is also a right. Are we complaining about a 'bestiality promotion' in the film which simply does not exist? r do we just not like the subject matter so bury our heads in the sand in the hope that it goes away?

2. Does the film show the acts? Apparently not. They said it is suggested that it is happening, but not shown. Are we complaining about explicit scenes that do not exist?

Whether you like or dislike the content, the documentary format is primarily there to inform society. One person threatening violence in order to not let that happen is probably worse than the subject matter in hand.
kcarmody

Post by kcarmody »

This isn't surprising considering the depressingly conservative and religious nature of this city. What baffles me is the vote system though. Maybe it's just me, but it seems very few Castanet readers think for themselves.

What's written: "This is a movie with controversial subject matter."
What Kelowna sees: "This is controversial".
What Kelowna does: ANGRY >:(

What's written: "The movie none of you wanted to see won't be shown anymore."
What Kelowna sees: "Movie won't be shown anymore."
What Kelowna does: SAD <:(

Make up your minds!
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

is there a law that you have to tell a woman you are about to have sex with that you have had sex with a donkey?
sorry, couldn't resist

I've heard that some farmers have sex with their chain link fences.
Sticking it to inanimate objects isn't harmful to other living beings.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Speaking of bestiality; It's bad enough watching drunk humans in a *bleep* bar (The Eldorado)...

:coffeecanuck: So true ....How come no one protests about that ???
Last edited by MAPearce on Oct 6th, 2012, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Make a documentary and see what happens.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

I support free speech. Unless it offends me.

Here's a link to the site: http://www.donkeylovemovie.com/

(I'm not gonna lie - I had a few "questionable" links come up in the search results. LOL)
Your bias suits you.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Evan wrote:This makes me very sad that people cannot handle the truth, that these things are out there. Let's just brush it under the rug and move on with our lives, right? Pathetic Kelowna, truly pathetic.
Death threats no way that's garbage then again so is the subject matter Kelowna is not the pathetic factor here its anyone that would condone this kind of crap !
Yes its the truth but a depraved sick truth kind of like a lot of things deemed as ok in our twisted passive society !

Return to “Central Okanagan”