Like you never saw this coming....

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Like you never saw this coming....

Post by averagejoe »

Right Gramma! You like easy targets like most atheists. Stalin would be happy with you comrade.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

averagejoe wrote:Right Gramma! You like easy targets like most atheists. Stalin would be happy with you comrade.

So says he who is sitting at his computer attacking me??

LOL yer too cute sometimes :D
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

of course you care GF, care so much you can't hush
Now, I don't care about cats, so I don't post about cats
Don't care about the fires, so I don't post in that thread
whenever ppl are so all over saying how they " don't care" yet never shut up I think, hey you care wayyy more than you admit
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Well, if one religions is being forced out of the country, another one pops up.

You can't live without it.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Captain Awesome wrote:Well, if one religions is being forced out of the country, another one pops up.

You can't live without it.

Good point Captain!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

grammafreddy wrote:
LOL yer too cute sometimes :D

:luffyou:

WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

averagejoe wrote:
WhatThe wrote:no no joe, we have disdain for any religion that pushed its views on anyone else. Nice try to stir the pot though.

So why weren't the atheist's there protesting? Atheist's pounce on anything Christian. You know that. So it doesn't surprise at all that they weren't at the protest as there job has been done to silence anything Christian and replace it with other religions.

It amazes me how you skip gears... Why would I want to protest? what ever deity or god you choose to speak with is no concern of mine. And it will never be my concern so long it doesn't interfere with fundamental charter, civil and human rights. As much as you have the right to freedom of religion, I have the right to be free from it and how it affects the security of my person.

And one would think its pretty obvious that since we are a country based on Christianity that that would be the religion we are trying to "separate" the "state" from.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

normaM wrote:of course you care GF, care so much you can't hush
Now, I don't care about cats, so I don't post about cats
Don't care about the fires, so I don't post in that thread
whenever ppl are so all over saying how they " don't care" yet never shut up I think, hey you care wayyy more than you admit

Keep it in context, kiddo.

grammafreddy wrote:
averagejoe wrote:Can you show me GrammaFreddy where atheists have protested other religions other than Christianity?

Nope, because I don't care enough to fuss about it. I just denounce them all equally.

I really, really, REALLY don't care if atheists protest other religions other than Christianity.

I also don't care if you post about cats or fires, either. I am not responsible for what you or atheists do.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

oh it was in context. And thanks for the kiddo, I was feeling rather old :)
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

-fluffy- wrote:Buddhism is considered atheistic.

averagejoe wrote: How is that?

Buddhists do not believe in God. Buddha was just a man who taught that peace and salvation come from within ourselves through contemplation, compassion and servitude, and he is revered for his wisdom, not any supernatural qualities.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

oh, how wrong you are.....EVERY religion prays to god....the same god. The difference is the "idol"....Buddha, Virgin Mary, Allah....etc. We lived in the Middle East and had friends and acquaintances both Muslim and Buddhist....so we had some very interesting discussions....but the one thing that I learned was that they ALL pray to god. period. And Buddhists are definitely NOT athiests...or even athiestic-like.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

But Buddha himself explicitly rejected the notion of any divine spiritual entity. Is that not the essence of atheism? Buddhists have enormous reverence to Buddha, but as a man not some higher form of existence. It more a thing of respect, like a scientist might have for Einstein.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

You all have every right to believe what you will/want...and so long as you do not push it on me, it isn't an issue. I am simply stating what I have been told by people that I know personally that are Buddhist and/or Muslim. Just wondering what reason a very good Buddhist friend would expect to gain from telling me that, if what you say is correct....and I presume you, yourself, are not Buddhist. I learned many years ago that it is not worth discussing religion as everyone has, and is entitled to, their own beliefs and views. From my experience and from reading and research, my opinion is that the "Christian" movement is no better than any other....and that "organized" religion (no matter which), has no place in government or schools. Also that each and every religious book is wide open to personal interpretation.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

juz516 wrote:I am simply stating what I have been told by people that I know personally that are Buddhist...

Me too, along with a healthy dose of personal research. But like you say, it's all about personal beliefs, the whole my-way-is-the-only-way thing is what has earned organized religion the reputation it enjoys today.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Some Buddhists don't believe in god, but many if not most of them do however.

Also, there is only one correct answer (how can 200 contradicting solutions all be right), so what is wrong with someone thinking that what they believe is the correct answer?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”