Should WestJet have accommodated these people?

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Should WestJet have accommodated these people?

Post by Fancy »

I fail to see the connection between snow issues and people not being responsible in making their flight.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

grizz wrote:dizzy1
Actual fact: The only thing that made these people angry is the fact that the rules were not being bent for them, calling the employees names and coming up with ridiculous statements is childish and uncalled for. Arguing with employees will get you no where, guaranteed.

Again, I was referring to your post. As for the arguing, I'm quite sure they didn't just accept the denied boarding and went on their way, not saying they argued but I'm pretty sure there was an exchange of opinions.
grizz wrote:These people did not call ANY WESTJET EMPLOYEES names, FACT FACT FACT.

I wasn't implying they did.
grizz wrote:I am referring to the WestJet employees as ignorant because of their actions.

And what actions were those? Adheering to company policy? So, in other words, doing ones jobs is the equivalent to being ignorant?
grizz wrote:Until you see somebody disrespect another human being, whether they have a cane, race, wheelchair, disfigurement, etc you will NOT understand how these people feel.

How was anyone disrespected, other than by your claim that someone was given a "look".
grizz wrote:No matter what the situation is. Have respect for the person.

I wouldn't disagree with that, but I would add that it works both ways.
grizz wrote:And you were not there so you know nothing about it.

How do you know that? You're suggesting I work for WS, so maybe I was there ... hmmmm.
grizz wrote:This is about a plane flight missed not a criminal activity.

You're sure making it sound like its more that a missed flight.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

grizz obviously doesn't have all the facts
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

theyeti wrote:me personally the only reason i come to these forums is to get a bit of humanity back .

And here we all thought it was because you were lonely under your bridge.

At least you understand the travellers were late and therefore must suffer the consequences for their own actions, which is more than can be said for some here.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Fancy wrote:I fail to see the connection between snow issues and people not being responsible in making their flight.

Those with lame excuses grasp at any straw they can to make the airline out to be in someway evil for not inconveniencing a whole plane full of passengers simply because two travellers couldn't get to the airport on time.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

*Off-topic, I think your post was meant for the other WestJet thread/Jo*
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

grizz wrote:dizzy1
As for the disability issue, they have never used the Wheelchair issue as a EXCUSE. You do not know them or what really happened here. I know the facts.

From the original Castanet article:

She believes WestJet did not show caring to consider her dad’s disability; he can’t walk after being struck by a tree last year. The medical appointment was with a spinal surgeon that Penrose says took months to book.

Westjet is not obligated to be "caring" they are a business. That being said I have many friends and family who have had extraordinary experiences with west jet. And yes some of them are handicapped

They didn't get to the airport in time, they shouldn't have even gotten a refund. Westjet was "CARING" enough to offer them a refund. Then what, they go to the local news with they're story, I have absolutely no sympathy for them.
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

Westjet: :rate10:

People who refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions then call the media to whine about it: rate0:
'Authority' is not a reason.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
Pffft, you humans. It's amazing you've made it this far. - Prot
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

theyeti wrote:yes sir u do have a lack of respect thats for sure

In this case? Absolutely none. No respect for people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. No respect for people who cry to the media using a disability to gain attention to something that would not otherwise be an issue. No respect for people who demonstrate they have no respect for others. And no respect for ignorant posters who have nothing to contribute beyond mud slinging.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

grizz wrote:YOU were not there.

From the sounds of it, neither were you.

grizz wrote:I know the facts.

You know a biased second hand opinion from people who think they should be allowed to show up an hour late and then delay not only everyone on that flight, but everyone on later flights that require that same crew or aircraft.

theyeti wrote:god forbid any of them ever screw up wind up 5 mins late and need to get cut a break . i hope the doors get slammed in there faces.

They were, by their own admission, over an hour late, not 5 minutes. What about all the other people on the plane who were on time? When do they get a break?
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
grizz
Fledgling

Post by grizz »

You need to try and repost about the topic. Not what Castanet member should be doing. Trip
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Plain and simple, these folk are playing the "handicapped" card, to garner sympathy for an outcome that was of their own doing.

Portraying WestJet as the bad guy, for their own negligence, doesn't do them any favors in my opinion.

They should be grateful they got a refund, as they certainly were not entitled to it, given even those who seldom travel, know full well the importance of arriving at an airport early for check in.

It's not as though the responsibilities of the traveler aren't made easily available, since they are noted on airline websites, travel documents etc.

This is just about as ridiculous as a speeder going to the media, to complain about getting a citation for doing 30kph over the limit, after admitting doing so, but pointing to the handicapped decal as an acceptable exemption from the law.

Just another blatant example of the "entitled" me, me, me, generation in all it's glory.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Ts100

Post by Ts100 »

They were late. End of story. If the appointment was really that important they should have been on time or allowed the appropriate amount of time to arrive at the airport.
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

Pithy reply there, Ts100... and bang on the money!

Welcome!
'Authority' is not a reason.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
Pffft, you humans. It's amazing you've made it this far. - Prot

Return to “Central Okanagan”