Why does Jesus look north European?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by Thinktank »

Some Jehovah's Witnesses handed me a pamphlet today, they are going
to explain who Jesus is.

The pamphlet shows people from all over the world.
There are several from Africa. Some Asian looking people, like maybe Malaysian.
Some people on the pamphlet look like they're from like from India, a few look Hispanic, and for good
measure they've thrown in an Eskimo. I know he's an Eskimo because of the fur parka he is wearing.
And Jesus looks totally WHITE northern European.

My question is this:
Could Jesus ever be African, or Asian, or Eskimo? Or does Jesus ALWAYS have to look like he is WHITE northern
European? I'm thinking if anyone knows what Jesus looks like, it would be an organization from New York
that sells about $1 billion worth of books each year - the JWs.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by Glacier »

Thinktank wrote:My question is this:
Could Jesus ever be African, or Asian, or Eskimo?

No, he would have looked middle eastern. But you know this already, I'm sure.

Of course, you are gathering all your pictures from a Western perspective. Perhaps the African and Asian Christians have a different picture that reflects their own ethnicities.
Last edited by Glacier on Mar 8th, 2013, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

doesn't look middle eastern to me.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Glacier wrote:No, he would have looked middle eastern.

Image<--- like this? Palestinian?

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Perhaps, but no one knows for sure, hence the various interpretations that everyone except you knows don't look like him. Speculation is that he was not a handsome man or anything of that nature.

"He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him."
~ Isaiah 53:2
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

nuff said.Image
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Glacier wrote:Perhaps, but no one knows for sure, hence the various interpretations that everyone except you knows don't look like him. Speculation is that he was not a handsome man or anything of that nature.

"He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him."
~ Isaiah 53:2

Isaiah is old testament, is it not? How would he know what Jesus looked like?

Charisma is all that is necessary. Mary Magdalene thought he was pretty handsome... she married the dude.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

She did?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

It was a small, private ceremony
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

grammafreddy wrote:She did?

The book Holy Blood, Holy Grail. The Grail was the son of Jesus and Mary. There are many sources for this story but like the original biblical account, is still myth since no real proof that Jesus was an actual person exists, so their marriage is just as plausible... or not.
Last edited by cliffy1 on Mar 8th, 2013, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Chances are, Jesus would look much different than he's portrayed. He'd much shorter, he'd be brown instead of being a pale white dude, he wouldn't have blond hair, and he'd probably smell very bad.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Maybe he was black?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Ooops, nope ... He was Chinese ...

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

it does not matter what he looked like its the message he left.

love you neighbour.jpg
Peace be with you.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

The letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar

This is a reprinting of a letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar describing the physical appearance of Jesus. Copies are in the Congressional Library in Washington, D.C.

TO TIBERIUS CAESAR:

A young man appeared in Galilee preaching with humble unction, a new law in the Name of the God that had sent Him. At first I was apprehensive that His design was to stir up the people against the Romans, but my fears were soon dispelled. Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews. One day I observed in the midst of a group of people a young man who was leaning against a tree, calmly addressing the multitude. I was told it was Jesus. This I could easily have suspected so great was the difference between Him and those who were listening to Him. His golden colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about 30 years of age. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance. What a contrast between Him and His bearers with their black beards and tawny complexions! Unwilling to interrupt Him by my presence, I continued my walk but signified to my secretary to join the group and listen. Later, my secretary reported that never had he seen in the works of all the philosophers anything that compared to the teachings of Jesus. He told me that Jesus was neither seditious nor rebellious, so we extended to Him our protection. He was at liberty to act, to speak, to assemble and to address the people. This unlimited freedom provoked the Jews -- not the poor but the rich and powerful.

Later, I wrote to Jesus requesting an interview with Him at the Praetorium. He came. When the Nazarene made His appearance I was having my morning walk and as I faced Him my feet seemed fastened with an iron hand to the marble pavement and I trembled in every limb as a guilty culprit, though he was calm. For some time I stood admiring this extraordinary Man. There was nothing in Him that was repelling, nor in His character, yet I felt awed in His presence. I told Him that there was a magnetic simplicity about Him and His personality that elevated Him far above the philosophers and teachers of His day.

Now, Noble Sovereign, these are the facts concerning Jesus of Nazareth and I have taken the time to write you in detail concerning these matters. I say that such a man who could convert water into wine, change death into life, disease into health; calm the stormy seas, is not guilty of any criminal offense and as others have said, we must agree -- truly this is the Son of God.

Your most obedient servant,
Pontius Pilate
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”