Another Pedophile Priest!

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Graham Adder
Guru

Re: Another Pedophile Priest!

Post by Graham Adder »

problem is:
He looks just like anyone next door, down the road, at the office, bank, Dr's office, dentist, manager etc etc etc etc
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

If it wears a clerical collar ......
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

grammafreddy wrote:If it wears a clerical collar ......

or is a boy scout leader
or works for the boys and girls club
or is a hickey coach
or
or
or

They're everywhere, except where they should be.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Its amazing to me that people would still choose to stay catholic. I know religions in general have and continue to do bad things, but really, how many pedophile, child molester, sicko priests does it take to make a catholic leave? The answer? *** If you're reading this and still a practicing cathoilc..why? They have rotten and evil fruitage, they are not one bit Christian. I hope I'm not being to subtle. If you do believe in God, know he isn't cathoilc either.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Hmmm wrote:Its amazing to me that people would still choose to stay catholic. I know religions in general have and continue to do bad things, but really, how many pedophile, child molester, sicko priests does it take to make a catholic leave? The answer? *** If you're reading this and still a practicing cathoilc..why? They have rotten and evil fruitage, they are not one bit Christian. I hope I'm not being to subtle. If you do believe in God, know he isn't cathoilc either.

Catholics were the first Christians and were the only Christians until the reformation. The church is the problem, not Catholics, many of whom are just as pious and devoted as any other Christian from any other denomination. Within any group of people you will find every shade of personality from saint to sinner. None is any better or worse than any other. All believe in a 2000 year old myth.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

So how many more freebies do they get before anyone does anything about it?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

jennylives wrote:So how many more freebies do they get before anyone does anything about it?

Their time IS running out. Could be why the poop quit. Now that he did though, he could stand trial for crimes against humanity. Those charges are being pursued as we speak.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

He couldn't be charged while pope? We should should probably fix that too.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

jennylives wrote:So how many more freebies do they get before anyone does anything about it?

Unfortunately, only Catholics can do anything about it but as with most sheep, they just blindly follow the shepherd. Also, the Vatican is a country so they can hide behind their diplomatic immunity. Nothing much anybody can do unless the evangelicals can muster up an army and invade.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

jennylives wrote:He couldn't be charged while pope? We should should probably fix that too.

He is a head of state. Their is not a head of state on the planet who would put forth a proposal like that.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Wasn't some kind of study released (published, whatever) or due to be released just a few days before the pope "retired" to the inner sanctuary, never to be seen again by public eyes? Some speculated there was something in that document that he didn't want to have to deal with or that he could be charged for so he went *POOF!*.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Hmmm wrote:Now that he did though, he could stand trial for crimes against humanity. Those charges are being pursued as we speak.

Is this another wacky idea like charging George Bush/Barrack Obama with crimes against humanity somewhere in Indonesia?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

cliffy1 wrote:Catholics were the first Christians and were the only Christians until the reformation.
Are you just baiting? you don't really think that a church founded 400 years after Jesus was the first? How about the group called "The first century Christians? You know the ones thrown to the lions in Rome? You also don't think that the King James Bible was the original one too do you?

I figured you were just joking around though but thought I would ask.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

cliffy1 wrote:Catholics were the first Christians and were the only Christians until the reformation.

:popcorn:
Hmmm wrote: Are you just baiting?...

:-"

I'm looking forward to this...
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Hmmm wrote: Are you just baiting? you don't really think that a church founded 400 years after Jesus was the first? How about the group called "The first century Christians? You know the ones thrown to the lions in Rome? You also don't think that the King James Bible was the original one too do you?

Before Constantine there were many Christian sects. Most were based on Jesus the man. He was not deified until about 300 ad when the bible was put together in the Catholic form under Constantine's orders. Many books and writings of the early Christian sects were rejected because they did not fit the political agenda of the Roman empire or the early church fathers. In spite of protestant animosity toward the Catholic church, they can thank the church for the bible. The King James version is a watered down version with 13 books missing from the original tome. The Gnostic bible and many other writings were ordered destroyed. Fortunately, one copy survived in the Egyptian desert which paints a very different picture of early Christianity. But it would take too much time and space to give the complete story of how the Christianity of today has no resemblance to its origins.

Christianity today is based on the deity of Jesus the Christ and most do not recognize anybody who does not believe in that deity as being Christian, so according to them, early Christians, who followed the teachings of a great teacher or rabbi, would not be considered true Christians.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”