Another Pedophile Priest!

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Another Pedophile Priest!

Post by grammafreddy »

cliffy1 wrote:The King James version is a watered down version with 13 books missing from the original tome. The Gnostic bible and many other writings were ordered destroyed. Fortunately, one copy survived in the Egyptian desert which paints a very different picture of early Christianity.

Where is this one book now?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

grammafreddy wrote:Where is this one book now?

Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/Gnostic-Bible-Boo ... 1590306422
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

grammafreddy wrote:Where is this one book now?

I'm not sure who has physical possession of the original manuscripts.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I've been sniffing around the net a bit and it's really hard to find reliable stats on just how extensive the problem is, notwithstanding the church's reluctance to be open and forthcoming with information. It's clear that this is an emotional issue and that tends to cloud common sense when you have people crying for the abolition of religion based on the actions of a few deviants. That line of thought is comparable to disbanding the RCMP due to a few bad cops or closing schools when bad teachers show up. I think that given time the Catholic church may just become the author of its own demise as it clings to ancient belief and ritual in the face of an ever-changing world. It has been reported that membership in the catholic church has been declining by millions since the turn of the millennium, noted exceptions being Africa and Asia.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

-fluffy- wrote:I've been sniffing around the net a bit and it's really hard to find reliable stats on just how extensive the problem is, notwithstanding the church's reluctance to be open and forthcoming with information. It's clear that this is an emotional issue and that tends to cloud common sense when you have people crying for the abolition of religion based on the actions of a few deviants. That line of thought is comparable to disbanding the RCMP due to a few bad cops or closing schools when bad teachers show up. I think that given time the Catholic church may just become the author of its own demise as it clings to ancient belief and ritual in the face of an ever-changing world. It has been reported that membership in the catholic church has been declining by millions since the turn of the millennium, noted exceptions being Africa and Asia.

Catholicism does well in colonial, post colonial and countries used to dictatorial regimes. I wonder why.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

What read said "growing in Africa, Asia, and Oceana, stagnant in North America, and declining in Europe". Don't quote me on this but that might indicate some correlation between membership numbers and the general level of education in a given area. Add to that thought that in third world countries you are likely to find the school system in the grasp of the catholic church.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Another thought: Does the marked decline in catholic church membership have anything to do with the spread of internet access and the ease with which we can now share thoughts on a global scale rather than the more localized exchange of ideas we had been accustomed to before?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I think the CC takes advantage of the poverty-stricken nations as well as places where natural disasters happen - aid through indoctrination.

They also prefer to get their clutches on people's children and have them be their "disciples" taking the "message" home and on into the future to indoctrination their children and their childrens' children, etc. That's why they run schools and orphanages.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

I casually recall something about the Catholic church changing how priests were ordained some time around the 10th century. If my recollection is correct, then prior to that time priests were selected by the parish, mostly from within. So no "hiding" a pedophile by moving him around from parish to parish...

The Catholic church has always puzzled me in that some old book has a story in it about rich folk and passing a camel through the eye of a needle. Yet the Catholic Church seems to love funny gold trimmed hats and crooked walking sticks encrusted with gold and gems...

Hmmm...would you want to be seen in public in one of those outfits? Kinda reminds of a certain parade...
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

grammafreddy wrote:That's why they run schools and orphanages.

Seems some might do it more for ease of access. :127:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

grammafreddy wrote:That's why they run schools and orphanages.

Bsuds wrote:Seems some might do it more for ease of access. :127:

Well, that was just a given. :spinball:

Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

cliffy1 wrote:
I'm not sure who has physical possession of the original manuscripts.
These books were discovered in the 4th century and are very contradictory to the Bible canon. They mix Greek philosophy, paganism, mysticism all together. They are clearly not meant to be in the Bible. One point is they portray Judas (who betrayed Jesus) in a good light.

Anyway this is just some of the controversy surrounding these 13 books.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Hmmm wrote: These books were discovered in the 4th century and are very contradictory to the Bible canon. They mix Greek philosophy, paganism, mysticism all together. They are clearly not meant to be in the Bible. One point is they portray Judas (who betrayed Jesus) in a good light.

Anyway this is just some of the controversy surrounding these 13 books.

What language are they written in? Bet it isn't English, although Mary and her mother were English. (supposedly)

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

hobbyguy wrote:I casually recall something about the Catholic church changing how priests were ordained some time around the 10th century. If my recollection is correct, then prior to that time priests were selected by the parish, mostly from within. So no "hiding" a pedophile by moving him around from parish to parish...

The Catholic church has always puzzled me in that some old book has a story in it about rich folk and passing a camel through the eye of a needle. Yet the Catholic Church seems to love funny gold trimmed hats and crooked walking sticks encrusted with gold and gems...

Hmmm...would you want to be seen in public in one of those outfits? Kinda reminds of a certain parade...

Hobbyguy, you don't know the half of it. Ever been to the Vatican? I took a public tour and omigod, the WEALTH! It was sickening to think that on their very steps were the poor,or supposedly poor, begging for lira while the vatican is awash in huge silver this, gold that, gems and painting worth millions and that's what the public sees. I've been watching the pope selection newfeeds and look at the incredible ornamented candle sticks of gold they have!

And the Vatican Bank being described as highly secretive worth billions! Well, I had one Catholic woman telling me that when her kids grew up they sat her down one day and described the horrors they went thru at the private Catholic school they were sent to in Alberta where they grew up. And she said she got exhausted by the made up "taxes" the priest would come up with to the congregation, for example, "you have to donate 10 cents per book you have in your house" and "for every clock donate a dollar to us." and it went on and on.

As for the brotherhood of pedaphiles, it doesn't seem to be bothering the congregation of the local Catholic church near us considering all the cars there every weekend.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Queen K wrote:As for the brotherhood of pedaphiles, it doesn't seem to be bothering the congregation of the local Catholic church near us considering all the cars there every weekend.
They cling to tradition and business contacts. Oh, I almost forgot superstition. As for the Vatican , I for one am happy to see Italy taxing some of the money making businesses of the church. If in fact they succeed in really getting them, the other countries around the world will follow.

I also make a challenge to any catholic that reads this: Please tell us if pope benedict, who was the one guy who EVERY pedophile case went through and did nothing could still be considered infallible? As for not using caps on his name, it was on purpose out of disrespect. PS, if you are a catholic and remain one, YOU ARE ALSO GUILTY because of your supporting them. Its called community responsibility. You better hope there isn't a hell.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”