Why does Jesus look north European?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
cliffy1
Übergod

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by cliffy1 »

Pilate spoke pretty good English considering English wasn't a language at the time.

It is a fake. I challenge you to produce a copy of the original, a photo or photocopy. If you do, I might convert.

But I think anybody who thinks that is authentic has to be pretty gullible.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

i was gonna say lets see the original latin version.
Peace be with you.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

cliffy1 wrote:Pilate spoke pretty good English considering English wasn't a language at the time.

It is a fake. I challenge you to produce a copy of the original, a photo or photocopy. If you do, I might convert.

Ahhh....Translation. If the original copy was posted in Latin. You won't be able to read anyways. Nice try. Go research yourself. Fill your boots. There are many other descriptions other than Pontius Pilate's of Jesus.

Here is an interesting story......Maybe Pontius Pilate spoke English?

Pontius Pilate lived from around 20BC until some time after AD36. He was the Prefect of the Roman province of Judaea from AD26 to AD36, and is best remembered as the judge at the trial of Jesus Christ in AD33, and the man who subsequently ordered his crucifixion. The wider picture in Scotland at the time is set out in our Historical Timeline.

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/u ... ilate.html
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Here is an interesting story......Maybe Pontius Pilate spoke English?

I don't think anyone spoke English then maybe Gallic,As far as latin"cui bono" I'm sure you could make the letter in hieroglyphs if you like but this is obviously a passion ploy to appear as Jews killed Jesus. Found in the anti-Semite research files of the road warrior.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language
Peace be with you.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

kibbs wrote:I don't think anyone spoke English then maybe Gallic,As far as latin"cui bono" I'm sure you could make the letter in hieroglyphs if you like but this is obviously a passion ploy to appear as Jews killed Jesus. Found in the anti-Semite research files of the road warrior.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language

From your source...Up to that point, in Roman Britain the native population is assumed to have spoken the Celtic language Brythonic alongside the acrolectal influence of Latin, from the 400-year Roman occupation.[29]
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Modern English, which includes the works of William Shakespeare[38] and the King James Bible, is generally dated from about 1550

the point is letter is a jew hating piece of crap.
Peace be with you.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Based on the writing style, most experts agree that it was a forgery written in the 4th century, probably by Eusebius or Jerome, two of the guys who decided the original Christian Bible Canon.

Edit: The letter is part of what is known as The Acts of Pilate, a collection of texts that was at one time thought worthy of inclusion into the canon. further evidence that it was forged by the same men creating the canon.

This letter is not entirely dissimilar from the forged paragraph that was inserted into Flavius Josephus' Jewish Antiquities. The paragraph talks about a man named Jesus coming among the Jews and working miracles.
Source(s):
Here's some additional info that will help: http://www.fact-index.com/p/po/pontius_p… - Yahoo Answers
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Apparently Jesus survived being crucified and lived in India until he was 115
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNRLKDLJnX0
Lots of things describe Jesus and many conflict but the message survives .
Be excellent to each other and party on dudes !
Peace be with you.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

kibbs wrote:Apparently Jesus survived being crucified and lived in India until he was 115

Nice atheist piece. Calling Jesus a prophet of God.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

kibbs wrote:the point is letter is a jew hating piece of crap.

The topic is "Why does Jesus look north European. Don't twist the letters intent of what colour he was. atheist are great at twisting any thing Christian.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Why don't you post info on Jesus lost 18 years in Britain. This video is just a bunch of new age propaganda. Why don't you post some of these stories of Jesus in India he talks about.

kibbs wrote:Apparently Jesus survived being crucified and lived in India until he was 115

jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Image<--- like this? Palestinian?

:offtopic:
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Hmmm wrote:nuff said.Image

:offtopic:
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I''m not an atheist ,Why don,t you put up something about Jesus lost years in Britain.i don't think the historical Jesus is that important,For me I got all I need From the Christ. His message has transcended all the interpretations .
LOVE
Love your god, love yourself ,love your wife,love your neighbour love your life.
Those who blindly follow religion and believe in a physicaly manifested god are not spiritual people but lost sheep. :skippingsheep:
Peace be with you.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

kibbs wrote:I''m not an atheist ,Why don,t you put up something about Jesus lost years in Britain.i don't think the historical Jesus is that important,For me I got all I need From the Christ. His message has transcended all the interpretations .
LOVE
Love your god, love yourself ,love your wife,love your neighbour love your life.
Those who blindly follow religion and believe in a physicaly manifested god are not spiritual people but lost sheep. :skippingsheep:

Yes Kibbs, very eastern religion and new aged. Your god Maitreya is here now. The one world teacher. Good luck!

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”