Why does Jesus look north European?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by averagejoe »

Why don't you just look it up yourself? Google.ca Jesus in Britain. Pretty simple.

kibbs wrote:I''m not an atheist ,Why don,t you put up something about Jesus lost years in Britain.i don't think the historical Jesus is that important,For me I got all I need From the Christ. His message has transcended all the interpretations .
LOVE
Love your god, love yourself ,love your wife,love your neighbour love your life.
Those who blindly follow religion and believe in a physicaly manifested god are not spiritual people but lost sheep. :skippingsheep:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

averagejoe wrote:Yes Kibbs, very eastern religion and new aged. Your god Maitreya is here now. The one world teacher. Good luck!

Patience Joe,patience.I'll let you know.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

It's ok nickd! I'm on top if it already my friend! Have been for many years!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:Yes Kibbs, very eastern religion and new aged. Your god Maitreya is here now. The one world teacher. Good luck!

Did not Jesus rail against the self righteous?

"All doctrines, political or religious, professing to be the only truth or way, are not only false or misleading but downright dangerous. The Creator has caused to come into existence all this diversity of life. None is more important or more favoured than another. All are interdependent and equally important to the whole. All are capable of evolving back to the source. To believe otherwise is to deny the Goddess’ love for all her children and to promote hate, bigotry and disunity.
To believe in a benevolent Creator is not compatible with a belief that “the word” was given to only one people, at one geographical location, in one historical time frame. To believe that we belong to the only group with a handle on the truth is a futile attempt to separate our self from the rest of humanity and all life with a false sense of superiority.

The truth has been available to all people, at all geographical locations, in all historical time frames. There is no person, no people, no religious or political ideology, no nation, more worthy, more deserving, more important or more righteous than any other. We are all children of the Creator. All life is, all paths are sacred.
The search for our origins and purpose for existence has spawned many religions, sciences and philosophies. None hold all the truth. All are only glimpses of the truth from their point of view. Most are merely sign posts pointing the way home." - The Freedom of Responsibility
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Nickd! You a follower of aleister crowley?

1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

No Joe.
I'm a leader not a follower.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

cliffy1 wrote: Goddess’ love. Huh? Whats a Goddess's love? A sex religion?
Last edited by averagejoe on Mar 12th, 2013, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Now that's a dogma I can get behind.......pun intended.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

nickd wrote:Now that's a dogma I can get behind.

I bet!

1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

That's a sin joe.
Bet,bet,bet,bet,bet,bet,bet!..... F. Flintstone
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:cliffy1 wrote: Goddess’ love. Huh? Whats a Goddess's love? A sex religion?

Why does god have to be male? Life comes from the female or, more correctly, from the copulation of male with female. A male cannot create life by himself. He has to have a partner or he has to be a hermaphrodite and somehow copulate with himself. Most hermaphrodites in the animal kingdom (worms) still need partners to procreate. So, somewhere in the mix there needs to be a goddess. And nothing says love like a mother's love for her children.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

What is the name of your goddess that you worship? Is it Wicca? Is there some kind of a goddess bible?

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8380511.stm

Jesus of Britain for you brother Joe. It failed to mention how it made him Arien in appearance or how he learned modern englsh 1500 years before its use to teach to Pilate.
Peace be with you.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:What is the name of your goddess that you worship? Is it Wicca? Is there some kind of a goddess bible?

Native Americans believe that life on Earth is a product of the mating of Father Sun and Mother Earth.

There is a goddess in the bible, in Genesis where god is referred to in the feminine. She later became the Mother of god, Mary.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Cliffy1 wrote: Native Americans believe that life on Earth is a product of the mating of Father Sun and Mother Earth.

Interesting Cliffy, I teach some native studies and Canadian First Nations believe in the "Creator". A single male god!

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”