Homosexuality is an abomination to god?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Homosexuality is an abomination to god, but so is...

Post by kibbs »

Men slept together all the time back in the day.You were not allowed to lie with a man like a woman,she was consider a lesser in the time. if you layed with her you did not have to show as much respect but if your going to lay with a man do it right and dont treat him like a woman.
This is the other interpretation that i have heard of Leviticus .Gay christian men prefer it.
Peace be with you.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

steven lloyd wrote:I think the Bible is an abomination to God. Old men trying to presume they were "divinely inspired". Pass the joint :136:

(in the quest for spiritual illumination there is no room for archaic religious dogma)

Doth make one wonder how and why some seemingly intelligent people choose archaic dogma over more modern spiritual illumination. There are thousands, Yeah, millions of ways to establish a spiritual relationship with the divine Yet they cling to an outdated dogma that has been proven to be plagiarized and a forgery. Boggles the mind, it doth. Humans have been writing thousands of books, over the last 200 years alone, on ways to develop a personal relationship with their creator. The ways and means are as dynamic as they are plentiful. Being stuck in a 2000 year old dogma seems silly at best.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Being stuck in a 2000 year old dogma seems silly at best.

It has been used to keep us under control for centuries ,the government has taken over that roll .the church just has financial momentum .People hate change and love feeling connected to history and tradition.It is truly spirituality uplifting to give thanks with your friends.To sing songs of praise to our spiritual nature.
You will never change the church outside the church in your church of I aint goin to church!
Well that,s it that spirit has moved me to go to church today .Minds to enlighten .Give it a try.
Peace be with you.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

God is an abomination from man.
Created by man to control man.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

nickd wrote:God is an abomination from man.
Created by man to control man.

There is certainly no denying that religious beliefs have been used by the unscrupulous to further their own selfish agendas, but I would have to say that sweeping generalizations such as the one above are more than a little narrow minded. That any concept of God (in all their myriad shapes and forms) is anything other than a human construct is undeniable, that they areall born of ulterior motives is a rather tainted view of humanity and easily dismissed in my mind.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

For a while back in the 1990s I was religious and hung around only
with religious people. I had a volleball net and got the religious people
to play volleyball which was a mistake but anyway I left my volleyball net
in their van and the next Sunday I asked them for my volleyball net. they
just looked goofy at me, and didn't give me my voleyball net.

I kept asking them for my volleyballl net about ten times, with no results and then I just
gave up - I thought I would never see my volleyball net again. But two years later
the *bleep* hit the fan, and there was sort of a big fight, and I quit going to the church,
and these 'friends' returned my volleyball net along with some other items of mine
that I didn't realize I left at their place.

And now I find out the Jewish Talmud says if you find property that belongs to a gentile
you do not have to return it. That's absurd. That's demonic sort of behaviour - not returning
property to a gentile. I know. I hated when I never got my volleyball net returned to me for two
whole years.

And so I find out the Talmud was written by hundreds of Rabbis, and some of those rabbis must
have been jerks. I know the rabbi that suggested you don't have to return property to a gentile - is a total jerk.

And now thanks to the internet I find out the Sikh religion has things written by ten Gurus. Some of those
gurus might have been nice guys. Some may have been real *bleep*, like some of the Rabbis.

The new testament of the bible might be better than all other religions. I don't know much
about all other religions. I like the new testament of the bible. I can't stand the old 'Jewish' testament.
Everyone does their own thing anyway.

:sunshine:
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Thinktank wrote:And now I find out the Jewish Talmud says if you find property that belongs to a gentile
you do not have to return it. That's absurd. That's demonic sort of behaviour - not returning
property to a gentile. I know. I hated when I never got my volleyball net returned to me for two
whole years.

Dude, you have taken things out of context yet again.

He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing.

And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt.
~Deuteronomy 10:17-19
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

-fluffy- wrote:
There is certainly no denying that religious beliefs have been used by the unscrupulous to further their own selfish agendas, but I would have to say that sweeping generalizations such as the one above are more than a little narrow minded. That any concept of God (in all their myriad shapes and forms) is anything other than a human construct is undeniable, that they areall born of ulterior motives is a rather tainted view of humanity and easily dismissed in my mind.

Fluff your so close to being an aethist,come on over buddy....we don't really eat babies.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

grammafreddy wrote:
That's what is so great about being an atheist - I don't have to do what any religion or their fairy tale tells me to. If I want to play with piggy parts, I can. If I want to eat meat on Friday, I can. If I want to sleep in on Sunday, I can. If I want to have electricity in my home, I can. If I want to have a same sex partner, I can. If I want to have six opposite sex partners, I can.

That's what I found great about the United Church, you could do all those things although they'd frown upon having sex with 6 different partners, but if you find it great, make sure you wash up in between and have them use condoms!
They say you can't believe everything they say.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

nickd wrote:Fluff your so close to being an aethist,come on over buddy....we don't really eat babies.

I suppose the lab tests would come up "agnostic", but the whole atheist thing is way too black-and-white for me. I tend to see atheism in the same light as the hard-line fundamentalist believers in that anyone claiming absolute knowledge over something that is clearly light years beyond human knowledge is suffering from serious tunnel vision. Just my opinion, but until a definite verdict comes in I'm happy on the fence.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

While Christians will tell you the New Testament is the new law...many, too many pull crap out of the Old Testament when it suits them...

Consider tithing...I've sat through a few sermons listening to the pastor talk about being "disobedient to God" if Christians don't give their 10%. yet:

There are no New Testament scriptures to support tithing as a concept for the New Testament believer. Our giving is to be done as the Lord has prospered and in accord with the working of the Spirit—never according to law. In view of this, giving is a matter of the grace work of God in the believer’s heart. Actually, this means giving more, not less, if the believer is walking closely with the Lord and is giving as one who has first given himself to the Lord (cf. 2 Corinthians 8).

Ten percent is a good place to begin, but no New Testament passage tells us to give a certain percent. Also, in the Old Testament, there were at least two tithes, and maybe a third, which is closer to 20 % at least. The comments made by our Lord in the Gospels regarding the tithe occurred before the Church Age and the coming of the Spirit to indwell all believers. At that point they were still under the Law, but not now.

For a study on the subject of the believer’s finances and principles for biblical giving, see Financial Faithfulness on our web site. http://bible.org/question/are-there-any-new-testament-scriptures-support-tithing
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

ive heard of a catholic church that sent the plate around twice because the priest needed new patio furniture
Peace be with you.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

grammafreddy wrote:
That's what is so great about being an atheist - I don't have to do what any religion or their fairy tale tells me to. If I want to play with piggy parts, I can. If I want to eat meat on Friday, I can. If I want to sleep in on Sunday, I can. If I want to have electricity in my home, I can. If I want to have a same sex partner, I can. If I want to have six opposite sex partners, I can.

zzontar wrote:That's what I found great about the United Church, you could do all those things although they'd frown upon having sex with 6 different partners, but if you find it great, make sure you wash up in between and have them use condoms!

The United Church supports polygamy? Cool.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Gramma, "frown upon" doesn't mean "support." You are the one who stated it's great that you can have multiple sex partners if you want. Go Gramma go.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Some people earn their money doing physical labour in an industry
that pays the same price for that physical labour as it paid in 1980 - the
apple industry - where HALF of all apple trees have been pulled out since 1980,
where Sun Rype gets the juice apples practically for free, which means the apple grower
gets paid nothing, and where the BC government no longer gives out subsidies to apple
growers.

Some other people sit back and collect hundreds of thousands of dollars from their investments,
and make so much profit, they don't know what to do to avoid paying income tax.

So some people say to the apple grower, he must wake up early, put on the old protective clothing
and a fifty dollar respirator, take the bag of pesticides, mix it into the sprayer, and while everyone is
still sleeping and it's not windy early in the morning, the orchardist must spray his trees with this pesticide,
getting a little of the stuff on his face which is unavoidable, and later breathe some of the stuff
when he's in the orchard doing other work, which is unavoidable,
so he can produce a higher percentage of marketable fruit (looks nice) and the orchardist might earn
an extra TWO CENTS on every pound of apples he grows, by applying those pesticides,

........... and at the end of the year that farmer who worked with the harmful pesticides to earn two cents more,
should give maybe $1,000 to a church, that cost $10 million to build ( I have no clue how much the building cost)
and it stays empty for six days a week.

I don't think the apple grower should give one cent to a church.
But the top 1% should give money to a church. I have no problem with that.

[/quote]
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”