Wonder does church of LDS have hit squad

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Wonder does church of LDS have hit squad

Post by GordonH »

Will they be targeting those who made this show.... :dyinglaughing:
From the creators of Southpark comes this:

http://www.castanet.net/news/World/8926 ... les-record

had to post this.......... LOL
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
cliffy1
Übergod

Re: Wonder does church of LDS have hit squad

Post by cliffy1 »

I used to work for a Mormon. Got to know quite a bit about the organization. I used to call the missionary kids cheep suite serenaders. I doubt they have a hit squad (any more) like scientologists. But, like the scientologists, they have some pretty weird beliefs.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Pretty sure no one was assassinated over the broadway productions of Jesus Christ Superstar or Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, so I doubt there will be a whole lot of bloodshed over The Book of Mormon the musical.

Got a good chuckle over the opening number myself.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I said hit squad in jest, due to last few years about some cartoons & really badly made movie got certain religious group up in arm and threatening those responsible.

I thought clip was funny, I could imagine the whole thing knowing who put it out.

lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

One can hope that most members of the LDS church have a better sense of humour than the people of Islam.
Being able to laugh at yourself once and a while is an important character strength.
We Canadians weren't looking for revenge when the folks of South Park made a movie parady about us, eh.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

cliffy1 wrote: But, like the scientologists, they have some pretty weird beliefs.

Both believe God is from outter space.
Mormon god is from the planet Kolob. :200:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

My god is from inner space: planet cliff.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”