My Reading

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: My Reading

Post by kibbs »

I don't admit to things I don't believe to be true

Even the concept of what jesus stands for is cool.I think he just got what all the elevated thinkers of the day get now.
Peace be with you.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

I have two "wow"s that I'd like to drop into your post. I'll make them bold capped red.
kibbs wrote:No i get a power trip when my request to the city for sharrow markings on the e,k.switchback hill end in good if not better results, WOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otqcKT1pwqs
Maybe you have misunderstood my intent .I have been looking for a place to share my spiritual beliefs .this is where the spirit has moved me .
I'm not trying to push the bible Im trying to see the meaning interpreted in a more spiritual less religious way.I am not preaching the bible I am studying it .
I did not want to attend and not contribute so when I asked what I can do, they asked if I would read .I like reading .I did in English and I did Theater.For me it is a performance and the the high I get and the squeeze on my heart is the love I receive in gratitude for making the reading have feeling Once I understand it ,I can believe it enough to say it with passion. WOW

I don't have the foggiest idea what your first line meant, but it kinda added to my buzz so it has wow factor to it.
In regards to your reading, I'm impressed that you get that much out of what you're doing. It's good to have passion and good to have a means of self expression.
I'm not so easy though. I can't get off that much on the excitement of impressing people with my emotional display when reading, reciting or just plain telling drunken stories. I'm also not able to believe in something just because it clicked to a point of understanding.
You're contradicting yourself a bit ( I think, but may be wrong ) from other posts whereby you've mentioned that you in fact don't believe in an omnipotent, humanized version of gawd. To believe in your readings to a point of being able to speak them with passion...which in turn is to a point of impressing your audience enough to have them feed the rush you're getting from their energy and "love" to the level of feeling as though that power of gawd kinda love is squeezing your heart...well...lemme just take a breath.

How is it that you believe in your readings...your structured teachings...to that point, yet don't believe in the entity that is a part of those teachings/readings on a very fundamentally foundationalisticalized platform?

foundationalisticalized Image
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

First off my true religion is bikes.obviously you have not seen the update.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=48441
I am an all faith spiritualist ,to me its all good if you can find the good in it .I was baptized Anglican and never went to church .I believe that I am a spiritual being on a human Journey.
I enjoy participating in my community now,we do good work like out of the cold and day camp for kids in the summer.
i believe we are all connected and what we do to one we do to all,
I think we can do great things if we put our spirits together.
i believe we can do more to improve the church from within.
I think huge changes need to made to expose the bad ones.

When i say god I mean our spiritual conjunction.
I doubt any of that stuff happened to Jesus Its what he believed I believe.
Last edited by kibbs on Mar 9th, 2013, 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I'm not so easy though. I can't get off that much on the excitement of impressing people with my emotional display when reading, reciting or just plain telling drunken stories. I'm also not able to believe in something just because it clicked to a point of understanding.

That is too bad ,but you can never be sure unless you try .We all have our gifts.There is nothing like a well told story,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etn92Ms8plo
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

The other thing church has givin me is my ability to sing.I could barely carry a note at first and now when i sing to my kids they don't cringe as much.
Maybe you can relate to the emotional high you get from singing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvD6l1QSaRQ
Peace be with you.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Babbitman wrote:Im gonna register as a church just so I can save 3K a year in property taxes.

Pah-raise Me!
Send munny now, and I will send you a kleenex annointed with my holy secretions.

I'll join Bman...but I won't be taking part in the holy sacrament......ACK!!!!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

ya bman that snot funny
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

11 Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. 12 The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. 14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

25 “Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27 ‘Your brother has come,’ he replied, ‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’

28 “The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29 But he answered his father, ‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30 But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!’

31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”
Last edited by kibbs on Mar 10th, 2013, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

The reverend never touched on my reading in his homily.he focused on the gospel reading of the prodigal son.
He says god is the father we are the prodigal son and the brother is the rest of us.God is looking to forgive us.
Peace be with you.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

kibbs wrote:The reverend never touched on my reading in his homily.he focused on the gospel reading of the prodigal son.
He says god is the father we are the prodigal son and the brother is the rest of us.God is looking to forgive us.

What have we done that deserves forgiving, other than being human? If we can do wrong, then it is the manufacturer's fault (to paraphrase Lenny Bruce). The only forgiving that needs to be done is to forgive ourselves for not accepting our fallibility. In the case of god, it is the one who needs to be forgiven for creating a fallible species and expecting them to act as if they were perfect. (of course, I know that is nonsense. The biblical god is fiction. This is for those who believe).
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

The only forgiving that needs to be done is to forgive ourselves

That's right if you believe god is internal the words still work.
I believe god is in us and all of us together and we should be more forgiving of each other.
Peace be with you.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

kibbs wrote:That's right if you believe god is internal the words still work.
I believe god is in us and all of us together and we should be more forgiving of each other.

The Buddha said, "Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Forgiveness is the antidote.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRWm2YNPFA4
\
i think jesus and buddha are friends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn3I84_vXvg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-D4KjJch7U
and both transcended the material while they walked the earth.
Ive come to believe we all have a need for sacred ritual.
The Anglican Church is the one I was born into and the ritual has been practiced for centuries.We are the original reformers of the catholic church.We are bad *bleep* Henry the 8 th rebels. I'm there to follow ritual and to reform attitude.
I enjoyed explaining to an older member that it was Ok and not to be afraid that her grand daughter had black friends in a Toronto College.That's how me and the spirit roll.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I was invited to join in a narrative this sunday.heres the part of which I will be reading .I will play the role of criminal #1
32 Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with him to be executed. 33 When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. 34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”[f] And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

35 The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.”

36 The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar 37 and said, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”

38 There was a written notice above him, which read: this is the king of the jews.

39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[g]”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

here's the whole thing it will take me a week to interpret all of it feel free to ad yours.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=NIV
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Cramming again ! Good morrow fellow Spiritualists and atheists alike.
Heres my last supper in a nut shell. Jesus new that he must become a martyr while he was at his peak. He knew he was a spiiritual Being on a human journey as we all are .
He asked that his disciples play a role on their human journey to facilitate his martyrdom .He wasn't murdered ,he drank the koolaid for us all.
He used bread and wine , two very common and loved symbols to remember him by.we are not cannibals.He did all this to make you aware of the power of god within you and how just one man who believes in his spirit can rock the world.
Thats what i am a part of and believe .Not in the historical Jesus ,but the belief that we can rise up above our own selfish crap.
The part that I read Asks "arn't you the messiah save yourself and us"
To which a smart *bleep* Jesus should have replied 'i am.'
Peace be with you.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”