And of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

And of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

Post by Thinktank »

the bible says:
Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

or

"Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either.

Can someone explain to me why there isn't a Christian on earth who will say to a guy who just
took his car stereo - HERE BUDDY, TAKE ME EXPENSIVE DIGITAL CAMERA TOO!

So why do we have to listen to bible scriptures at church, that no one ever pays attention to in real life?
Does anyone know?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again

Post by Thinktank »

Thinktank wrote:the bible says:
[b]Give to every man that asketh of thee;

If I ask a Christian for $100.00, I won't get the money.

That's another scripture we hear often in church, but not one of the billion
Christians on earth actually does it in real life.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: And of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again

Post by kgcayenne »

Why do you isolate single statements from the Bible without citing an excerpt in its context complete with chapter and verse notation? It's very churchy of you.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

kgcayenne wrote:Why do you isolate single statements from the Bible without citing an excerpt in its context complete with chapter and verse notation? It's very churchy of you.

here's more:

20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

There are one billion Christians on earth, and not one of them actually believes the poor are blessed,
and the rich are 'woe unto them.' From what I saw from attending church, we all want more money.

:cursor:

Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Thinktank wrote:
There are one billion Christians on earth, and not one of them actually believes the poor are blessed,
and the rich are 'woe unto them.' From what I saw from attending church, we all want more money.

:cursor:

I have a very difficult time taking you seriously, your statements are out of left field 90% of the time. As in, it would take 10 seconds of thinking to come to other conclusions than you do. I think, you don't believe anything you write but are just seeking to stir the pot for attention.

If this is not true, then think of this. Its a big world and there are many many churches, you went to a few and formed a worldwide view of the rest of them, is that correct? I hope not.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Hmmm wrote: I think, you don't believe anything you write but are just seeking to stir the pot for attention.

Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

:coffeecanuck:

That's awesome SL.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”