Jehovah's Witnesses - how did they get so much money?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses - how did they get so much money?

Post by Captain Awesome »

What good is the money if you can only use it for building extravagant churches.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Captain Awesome wrote:What good is the money if you can only use it for building extravagant churches.

For every church worth $millions of dollars, not just Jehovah's Witnesses, you have
people who are hired to do some nice jobs, for good money.

But surely the Jehovah's Witnesses hire people. Not everyone works for them for free.
What about expensive accountants to keep track of their $billions?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Sneaksuit wrote:If we want to have an ideological finger pointing party, let's compare JW ideology to Canada's, where we must declare and submit a large percentage of our income or face imprisonment. Our money is then used by "authorities" (people who connived their way into control) to pay some of us (police) to use physical force (batons, pepper spray, tazers), kidnapping (detention), and sometimes murder (police shootings) to coerce the rest of us to obey.

:dyinglaughing: You pay taxes for the benefit of the country and the services provided by it (stuff like road, education, health care), not to help some schmuck at the top get rich. But nice try to twist this into another government/cop bashing thread. *personal attack removed*/ferri
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
BBaldini

Post by BBaldini »

Actually all of our publications are free. Bibles, magazines and other Bible based literature. If someone would like to donate monies, it is sent towards producing more Bibles and bible based literature around the world. Matthew 10:8 Jesus says we receive free so give free.
You can also go to http://www.jw.org for more answers about Jehovah's Witnesses and how our organization is operated and download all the past and recent articles of the Watchtower and Awake magazines, as well as countless of other publications and online media in all different languages. All free.
The two links I posted earlier deals with how the organization is financed and if we get paid in our preaching work.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Why would some guy in New York who writes articles
for the Awake magazine know more about God than I already know?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

*off topic remark removed*/ferri
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

*off topic remark removed*/ferri
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

steven lloyd wrote:*off topic remark removed*/ferri

:137: really ???
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Think they are raking in huge on the watch tower supplements.
I use to love their visits and babble with them about their fears of the world and how there is a limited space in kingdom hall.i figured it would be full by now .They kept trying to convince me ,knocking on the door every Saturday morning, there might still be room.Feeling she was needing more help she brought her husband and it got boring real fast.Its such a pedophile hiding cult.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uvp5Q1pd_Q
Last edited by kibbs on Mar 28th, 2013, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Really?
Worse than the Catholics?
BBaldini

Post by BBaldini »

kibbs wrote:Think they are raking in huge on the watch tower supplements.
I use to love their visits and babble with them about their fears of the world and how there is a limited space in kingdom hall.i figured it would be full by now .They kept trying to convince me ,knocking on the door every Saturday morning, there might still be room.Feeling she was needing more help she brought her husband and it got boring real fast.Its such a pedophile hiding cult.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uvp5Q1pd_Q

You can find answers to these types of questions at: http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/
Two that answer the 'cult' question are: "Who Was Your Founder?" and "Are You an American Sect?" As well as one that many people do not know, "Are You Christian".

Under Publications, the Brochure entitled, "Who Are Doing Jehovah's Will Today?" highlights every aspect of Jehovah's Witnesses in a easy to read and understand 28 page brochure. All based on Bible beliefs.
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/

I hope this clears up any misconception.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Really?
Worse than the Catholics?

yep http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2eH2C9dgxQ
Peace be with you.
Sneaksuit
Board Meister

Post by Sneaksuit »

[-o<
underscore wrote:
:dyinglaughing: You pay taxes for the benefit of the country and the services provided by it (stuff like road, education, health care)

not to help some schmuck at the top get rich.

It's worse than helping some schmuck at the top get rich, it's using our tax dollars to create a slew of rich schmucks from liars, cheaters, and thieves. This system which your tax dollars are used to enforce has probably caused you far more harm than the JW's but are you oblivious? It also uses your money without consent to condition and arm young Canadians to murder strangers overseas who have different belief systems, not to mention be murdered themselves. At least for most religions it's a choice to join and submit your money. Do the ruling Conservatives give you a choice other than prison? You're just like a JW in the fact that you believe your own ideology of "paying taxes for the benefit of the country and the services provided by it " to be the true one in which you're morally obligated to believe and follow blindly. [-o<
Last edited by Sneaksuit on Mar 29th, 2013, 1:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BBaldini

Post by BBaldini »

Well despite what you might here from other unofficial sources, Jehovah's Witnesses do not "hide" their ministers. Jehovah God hates sinful acts of conduct.
From our official website, there are two questions answered on why Jehovah's Witnesses remove those from the congregation. You will find that it is in accord with Bible teaching.
"Do You Shun Former Members of Your Religion?" http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/shunning/
"Why Are Some Disfellowshipped?" http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magaz ... iscipline/

You can find more answers to frequently asked questions about Jehovah's Witnesses at http://www.jw.org.
To return to the topic of what this forum was about, there are link to that as well in my earlier posts.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

To return to the topic of what this forum was about, there are link to that as well in my earlier post

*personal attack removed*/ferri My opinion is that your religion has strayed so far from Christs teachings and have perverted his word to the point you have become a cult. *personal attack removed*/ferri
Peace be with you.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”