Jehovah's Witnesses - how did they get so much money?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses - how did they get so much money?

Post by Thinktank »

They're not all that bad of people - the JWs, but they say

I ALREADY KNOW THE TRUTH - and they refuse to learn anything
from anyone else, but they want other people to learn stuff from them.

In my opinion any church group that meets more than once a week - is bad - because
once a week is the maximum number of times strangers can get together and sing religious songs
and put up a fake 'niceness' without fighting .

A CultThe Moonies used instant friendship, love and affection to attract new
members. Called "love bombing", this tactic has the effect of lowering
the defenses of the person they are trying to convert and makes them
more open to the group's teachings.

Every church has a few people who 'lower their defenses' making them easy targets
for the 'church profiteers' that exist in every church. JWs are no exception.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Every church has a few people who 'lower their defenses' making them easy targets
for the 'church profiteers' that exist in every church. JWs are no exception.

I don't think all churches thump the bible and try too hard to show the way.
Mine was just waiting and welcomed me cautiously.
JW has twisted the original intent of the bible and like most fundamental christian sects have given it a bad name.
Peace be with you.
BBaldini

Post by BBaldini »

Again, for the answers to all these questions, you can find them at http://www.jw.org.. How Jehovah's Witnesses are organized, why we go from door to door, why we believe in Jehovah God and Jesus, what happens at our meetings and so forth are all based on Bible teachings.
The publication "Who Are Doing Jehovah's Will Today?" answers these topics. You can also search the Online Watchtower Library for any additional questions.
Please feel free to PM me for questions or topics not related to the main question this forum asked. Or, feel free to arrange one of Jehovah's Witnesses in your area to visit you and show your from the Bible questions you may have.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Jehovah's Witnesses in your area to visit you and show your from the Bible questions you may have

Dude you guys have visited me countless times and very politely i might add *personal attack removed*/ferri .Christs' message was simple .
Last edited by kibbs on Mar 30th, 2013, 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peace be with you.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

A JW once gave me a bible that had 4 columns; one with the word for word translation of the Greek, one with the catholic version, one with the KJ version and one with their version. I never understood why he gave it to me because I had been studying religion for a long time and knew more about the bible than he did. Non the less, the outcome was that none of these four versions had anything in common. The JW version was so far off the mark, so contradictory to the Greek, that I wondered how they could possibly think their version had any validity (not that the others do either.) Then I went to a Kingdom hall one day and witnessed their "service". I was astounded. It was one of the most blatant brainwashing scams I had ever seen. But it is designed for sheeple who can't think for themselves which is why it is so successful.
Last edited by cliffy1 on Mar 30th, 2013, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

A JW once gave me a bile that had 4 columns; one with the word for word translation of the Greek,

This is not a rhetorical question.Does any christian church teach from the original Greek version?
I've found the message in the bible is so redundant (boring),that even though it has been manipulated for other purposes it is still there in all versions if you don't take it literally.
Believe in your eternal life and be excellent each other cause we will party on dude.
Peace be with you.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

So this guy Charles Taze Russell was only about 25 years old and he started
studying his bible and came up with some theories - one of his theories was
the world would end in 1914.

And today, millions of people go door to door telling millions
of other people what a handful of people in New York said God said to do, based on Charles Russell's ideas.

One of the weirdest things - 144,000 (mentioned in the bible) JWs will have a special position above
everyone else in heaven - and those 144,000 people can only be JWs - not any other person.
That's just plain weird.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

One of the weirdest things - 144,000 (mentioned in the bible) JWs will have a special position above
everyone else in heaven - and those 144,000 people can only be JWs - not any other person.
That's just plain weird.

watch the video i posted .and see how like a pyramid scheme, only a chosen living few get into kingdom hall and the rest .they actually call them sheep, have to go door to door on Saturday.
Peace be with you.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

kibbs wrote:watch the video ....

Absolutely amazing.

The president of Watchtower Society, a lawyer, built a mansion for himself in San Diego ( he knows nice places with the best climate) but he put the mansion on Abraham, Isaac and Jacob's name (from the bible) so theose people from the bible would have a place to live when they return to earth. :dyinglaughing:

that guy Rutherford was a genius. If people would have half the creativity he had, all the world's problems would be solved.

mansion in san diego - built for president of Watchtower Society in 1929. Nice.

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

the governing body of JWs - all white.

the 'governed' people of JWs - all different nationalities, even an eskimo thrown in for good measure.

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Spiritually mature men in each congregation serve as “"older men,"” or elders.

No women? Women can't be elders?

I see no women in the governing body photo, either.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

cliffy1 wrote:What I would like to know is: do the individuals have to pay for the magazines and books that they give away in their missionary work?

from an ex JWs blog:
Besides, the only reason JWs stopped charging for literature was because another religion lost a court case over the same issue and they knew it was either switch to a donation policy or have to pay taxes. And we know how they hate to pay taxes!

Some countries still have to pay for literature (mostly poor countries apparently) and others are on a donation system. But publishers ( the guys going door to door?) are told they should donate money for the literature they get to take in service and THEN told to suggest donations from the house holder. The Society then receives TWICE the money for the literature. Plus, the donation arrangement is just to avoid having to pay taxes.

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

grammafreddy wrote:I see no women in the governing body photo, either.

Nowhere in the bible does it say organized sports are bad, but JWs school kids are forbidden
by the governing body from playing on school teams. The governing
body look like a bunch of nerds that are no good in sports themselves, so they made a rule
that no one else can play in organized sports.

as for women not being on the governing body - the governing body probably had a vote - and
decided women can't be on the governing body.

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

^ the 12 guys who govern the $billion dollar operation known as the Mormon church.
Like the JWs, sometimes those men are forced to make decisions that destroy families,
for the good of the church.

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

^ the 12 guys who govern the $billion dollar operation known as the Mormon church.
Like the JWs, sometimes those men are forced to make decisions that destroy families,
for the good of the church.

same guys who get to be god of their own planet.such ego,romney almost was
Peace be with you.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”