Homosexuality is an abomination to god?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Homosexuality is an abomination to god?

Post by kibbs »

There is a hugely personal element to any spiritual journey,

That's where the upgrade is missing.We're not on a spiritual journey .You are spiritual and one with everyone it doesn't matter in which funky human way you express that.Sorry try to express it in a good way.With love and not hate.even if they are gay.
Peace be with you.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

kibbs wrote:You are spiritual and one with everyone it doesn't matter in which funky human way you express that.Sorry try to express it in a good way.

By being one with everyone, do you mean the people who you recently refered to with hateful speech, you're one with them too? When you say in a good way, is that by name calling and fear mongering? Just checking with you. It sounds like your head thinks one thing and your mouth another. There are names for that but I won't use them. I could because I'm not one with you.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

By being one with everyone, do you mean the people who you recently refered to with hateful speech, you're one with them too? When you say in a good way, is that by name calling and fear mongering? Just checking with you. It sounds like your head thinks one thing and your mouth another. There are names for that but I won't use them. I could because I'm not one with you.

Yes everyone ,dogs too.Sorry you don't feel that way .You will return with all the haters until you learn.
Peace be with you.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

kibbs wrote:The reason it is failed to keep up is because all that could change it have abandoned it for a solo spiritual journeys.

And why is that? Is Christianity failing in the west because the congregation can't get it right or is that the church has failed to accurately read the needs and desires of their members? There are religions that peacefully coexist with everyone else, even promote this coexistence, but mainstream christianity doesn't seem to be among them. Why is that?

They are now beginning to realize that spiritualism is not about being alone .The church is waiting for your reformed spirit to reunite and affect the change.

True, they are discovering that spiritualism is about being part of a greater whole. Why couldn't they find that in the christian church? Is there wisdom in waiting for the return of people who left because they found the church lacking? Isn't it plain that these people have had enough of the old ways?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Isn't it plain that these people have had enough of the old ways?

So many cling to old ways.The church failed in its conception by making the church with a hierarchy to resemble a monarchy and make god king like instead of a community which is what it should be.God's a communist.
The church so is frail and weak in its philosophy that a new age will overcome it eventually.In fact in the church I go to all the book clubs are reading thing s like"simple faith"and most agree that we all belong to a simple ideal.I think if you went back to church you would find it and its people in a state of flux.I find the ritual is just that a ritual.
Imagine being priest of the new catholic church where you and your partner ,whatever their sex may be, sing hymns like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4fWN6VvgKQ get together
During choir I must conform to a regiment of very old and hard to sing hymns .which turns out to be good vocal calisthenics.but me Being the youngest member by bout 30 years I heard a John Denver tune in one of the hymn s and persuaded them to sing a little
annies song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C21G2OkHEYo change is good
Peace be with you.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”