Dayleen van Ryswyk seems to have been been purged

callotto
Fledgling

Dayleen van Ryswyk seems to have been been purged

Post by callotto »

I can't find anything about her here on Castanet. The news stories, poll and her forum posts are all gone it seems.
Did I imagine it all?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Dayleen van Ryswyk seems to have been been purged

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
callotto
Fledgling

Post by callotto »

Thank you. I was referring to the news story and poll but I see they've been moved to BC Election 2013, a new section I hadn't noticed.
mountainman74

Post by mountainman74 »

She is far from purged!!!!! She is now free to speak her mind and stand for what she believes in without being under the control of "the system"!!!!!!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

mountainman74 wrote:She is far from purged!!!!! She is now free to speak her mind and stand for what she believes in without being under the control of "the system"!!!!!!

Isn't that what got her in trouble in the first place?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
ganczar

Post by ganczar »

Dayleen van Ryswyk, should run for Prime Minister, I would certainly support her.
We need more politicians to stand up for Canadians, and represent the people in government.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

ganczar wrote:Dayleen van Ryswyk, should run for Prime Minister, I would certainly support her.
We need more politicians to stand up for Canadians, and represent the people in government.

So you interpreted her comments as "standing up for Canadians"?
Interesting.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

ganczar wrote:Dayleen van Ryswyk, should run for Prime Minister, I would certainly support her.

Stand up for Canadians ? What does that mean ? Represent the people in government ? What people ? Like it or not French Canadians are here to stay. All 31.1% of them. And they are everywhere.
Canadians .. ???? .. may want the Natives and the French Canadians to become English Canadians but it will never happen .. you cannot force an entire culture to change to another ..

French Canadians
From: The Encyclopedia of Canada's Peoples/French Canadians/Yves Frenette

In the 1991 census, nearly 8.4 million people were listed as French-Canadian, of whom 6,146,600 described themselves as being wholly and 2,242,580 partially of French-Canadian ethnic origin. Together, French Canadians represented 31.1 percent of Canada’s population. They are descendants of the French who settled in the St Lawrence valley in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. The present entry, whose main theme is based on the mutability of identity, deals with the origin and development of this group of people and its fragmentation over the last thirty-five years.

The first European settlers in Canada were French. In a new land and exposed to the North American environment and the native peoples, they were gradually transformed into Canadiens. After the conquest of 1760 Canadiens had to share their land with the British who in turn became Canadians. To emphasize their linguistic distinctness, francophone elites began to call themselves Canadiens français, French Canadians, after 1820. Although most people continued to call themselves Canadiens, the labels “French-Canadian” and “French Canada” spread after 1840. We still hear these terms used today, especially by anglophones. They are anachronisms, however, given the historical developments that have caused French Canada to disappear as an ethnic entity in the latter half of the twentieth century.

Today’s descendants of the first Canadiens and French Canadians are the Québécois (5,451,925), Franco-Ontarians (1,422,405), Franco-Manitobans (152,250), Fransaskois (119,610), Franco-Albertans (319,040), Franco-Columbians (340,430), Franco-Yukonais (4085), and Franco-Tenois or francophones of the Northwest Territories (5560). While 80 percent of the population of Quebec consists of descendants of French Canadians, in other provinces and territories they constitute only 10 to 14 percent of the population. Outside Quebec, these people are increasingly called francophones hors-Québec, or francophones outside Quebec, an almost fictitious identity they share with the Acadians of the Atlantic provinces. This new identity owes its beginnings to the constitutional debates of the last twenty years, but it does not correspond to a genuine social reality.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
CoconutBreath
Fledgling

Post by CoconutBreath »

^ just a tip, Smoke...

quoting Wiki is the most DULL thing one can do. NObody reads that verbose garbage. If u want to think so, go right ahead, if it makes u feel fuzzy & warm.

Dayleen speaks her mind..& ..THAT...is what the majority of voters want. We need an ARMY of Ralph Kleins as MLA's in this province in order to get it on track.

Edit: I guess in your quote, we should give the French-Canadians a "Card" & start giving them free goodies, too?...(since they were the "1st settlers"??). I was born in Canada & have lived in Canada all of my life (of course),..& so have generations of my ancestors. I am NOT a "guest" in this country. I do not believe in the Animal Farm's "adjustment" of their rule: All pigs are equal, but some pigs are more equal than others.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

CoconutBreath wrote:quoting Wiki is the most DULL thing one can do. NObody reads that verbose garbage. If u want to think so, go right ahead, if it makes u feel fuzzy & warm.

Fuzzy and warm ??
Most people prefer Sun News and Ezra Levant .. go figure
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

CoconutBreath wrote:I guess in your quote, we should give the French-Canadians a "Card" & start giving them free goodies, too?...(since they were the "1st settlers"??). I was born in Canada & have lived in Canada all of my life (of course),..& so have generations of my ancestors. I am NOT a "guest" in this country. I do not believe in the Animal Farm's "adjustment" of their rule: All pigs are equal, but some pigs are more equal than others.

My goodness... did I say that .. I'm talking about the language and culture .. relax .. why so much hate ?
CoconutBreath
Fledgling

Post by CoconutBreath »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:My goodness... did I say that .. I'm talking about the language and culture .. relax .. why so much hate ?

Exactly what I am talking about, as well. Where on earth did u come up with "hate"? I believe in EQUALITY for ALL CANADIANS, not special treatment because of race, color, creed, language, or culture. I simply cannot believe that the rest of Canada actually accepted Quebec's "FRENCH ONLY" signs on businesses. What a national disgrace. Here's the deal...I'll accept that as soon as I am not forced 2000 miles away to read french on my cereal boxes.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

CoconutBreath wrote:
Exactly what I am talking about, as well. Where on earth did u come up with "hate"? I believe in EQUALITY for ALL CANADIANS, not special treatment because of race, color, creed, language, or culture. I simply cannot believe that the rest of Canada actually accepted Quebec's "FRENCH ONLY" signs on businesses. What a national disgrace. Here's the deal...I'll accept that as soon as I am not forced 2000 miles away to read french on my cereal boxes.

They are no french signs in B.C. other than federal buildings and airports. I don't see anyone making a big fuss about it.
You want the signs in Québec to be bilingual .. so the signs all across Canada should be bilingual ?
Obviously you have been to Montréal .. so you know that the signs are in french first but if the business choose to, they can have it in english as well ..but smaller print
Everytime I visit Montréal I'm spoken to in English first .. hotel, motel, taxi, shuttle bus .. what's your experience ?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Here's the deal...I'll accept that as soon as I am not forced 2000 miles away to read french on my cereal boxes.

CoconutBreath ... if someone is really forcing you to read French on your cereal boxes, post help and I'll dial 911 for you. Otherwise flip the box around and be done with it.

Part of treating everyone the same is realizing not everyone is the same... the whole "blond hair - blue eyes" thing was soooo.... early 1940's... it was a regional thing, really - didn't garner widespread international acceptance.
Last edited by Drip_Torch on Apr 21st, 2013, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
CoconutBreath
Fledgling

Post by CoconutBreath »

sorry....but I do not believe in..

Animal Farm....

All pigs are equal,but some pigs are more equal than others

Return to “Kelowna/Mission”