Honest question for JWs

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Honest question for JWs

Post by Thinktank »

I have a question for Jehovah's Witnesses:

If someone from your church has been coming to my door for the last
twenty five years, and every time without exception for the last twenty five years
I have told them 'NOT INTERESTED' - why do you feel I might be interested in hearing
what YOU have to say now? And why would it be any different six months from now?

Someone from JWs please answer that question.

A fool is someone who keeps doing the same thing and expects different results
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Honest question for JWs

Post by Glacier »

They are probably so enamored with your stellar intellect that they trip over themselves just for the privilege of hearing what you have to say next.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Perhaps Thinktank has movie star good looks and one of the single women were hoping he'd notice them.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Funny, I used to talk to them but one day I just didn't feel like it any more and they stopped coming. You must be someone very special for them to keep coming back. Maybe they are masochists. Maybe you are so evil they have to save you.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Queen K wrote:Perhaps Thinktank has movie star good looks and one of the single women were hoping he'd notice them.

^^^ that's what I was thinking too because what else could it be? Why would
a religion of millions of people be so inefficient?

Get a map of the city. By every house that is not interested place a 'X.'
Save time and money by not driving out to those houses anymore.
In two minutes I just saved Jehovah's Witnesses $millions of dollars in expenses.
That's why I should be in government.

We would all have lots of money if I ran the country.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

They come my place constantly and every time I tell them "I'm an atheist, don't come here anymore". They don't listen. It's rude.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

jennylives wrote:They come my place constantly and every time I tell them "I'm an atheist, don't come here anymore". They don't listen. It's rude.

You have now become a challenge to them. They must save you.

One time when 2 young JW ladies came to the door my roommates at the time and I were relaxing having a coffee and I had recently had a shower. I was wearing only one of those wrap around towel thingy's.

I answered the door and invited these 2 young and pretty JW ladies in to talk to us. Funny but they politely declined and never returned. We were very disappointed as we were wanting to be saved!!! (where are those smilies when you need em)
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Thinktank wrote:^^^ that's what I was thinking too because what else could it be? Why would
a religion of millions of people be so inefficient?

Get a map of the city. By every house that is not interested place a 'X.'
Save time and money by not driving out to those houses anymore.
In two minutes I just saved Jehovah's Witnesses $millions of dollars in expenses.
That's why I should be in government.

We would all have lots of money if I ran the country.

Go biblical on them and paint a big X over your door in sheep's blood.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

When they used to drive me nuts and brainwashed my 16 year old daughter into reading their crap and going to bible teachings at the church and then told me she didn't have to listen to me (big mistake), I made a big 11x17 sign and hung it on my porch post. It said, " NO RELIGIOUS PEDDLARS. IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU ARE TOO CLOSE." They stopped knocking and she stopped going there.

But did you know they now allow blood transfusions - as long as its chicken blood? It makes the women lay better and the men cockier. <insert that's-a-joke smiley>
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
moi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by moi »

I have a sign on my door that says "No religious solicitors". And guess what? JW came to my door. I asked them if they could read the sign? Their response was.....wait for it....."Oh we didn't think that applied to us". Say what?!! NOW I would like to know why the wording didn't apply to them. Do share so I can adjust my sign to make it more clear. I had enough of them coming to my door weekly; I never answer the door which doesn't seem to detour them nor the sign on it either.

When I had JW ladies coming to my door to preach to me in my old place that I used to live at. I actually got them roped in to clean my house and they never had the time to preach to me with a 6 month old hungry baby screaming for her milk, lunch boiling over on the stove, and toddler wrapped around my leg plus 2 little ones running playing cops and robbers....got a clean house at the end and they never came back again. Guess they got the hint that I don't have the time! Too bad my kids are now grown...
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

moi wrote:I have a sign on my door that says "No religious solicitors". And guess what? JW came to my door. I asked them if they could read the sign? Their response was.....wait for it....."Oh we didn't think that applied to us". Say what?!! NOW I would like to know why the wording didn't apply to them. Do share so I can adjust my sign to make it more clear.

That is because they don't consider themselves a religion, although I cannot recall what it is they do call themselves. I have a friend who lives in a fairly remote spot. He was in his yard one day when a car pulled in. He sat down on a block of wood and struck up a conversation with a rock beside him. When the JWs got out of the car he introduced them to his rock. They tried to lay their rap on him and when he asked the rock what it thought of their rap, they made a hasty retreat back down his driveway.

Instead of getting annoyed at them, use it as an opportunity to get creative. It can be fun messing with people's minds.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

it's also not very efficient to stand in the street holding Watchtower magazines.
They should print some posters advertising how great their religion is, and put those
posters in the windows of empty buildings downtown. It will save $millions of dollars
because no one will need to stand in the street, and also - the posters will be there 24 hours/day to
reach more people.

JWs could save $millions of dollars if they used their heads more.
But sometimes I wonder if their whole idea is to waste people's time - deliberately.

fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

I'm neither a JW, nor religious in general...

But perhaps it is because they think you may have experienced a life changing situation that made you question your beliefs. Maybe you lost someone special and didn't know where to turn? Looking to capitalize on your misfortune, as it were...
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I did little snooping around on the net and found that it is their interpretation of a few bible passages that command believers to "spread the good news". They actually take pride in that they are among the few, if not the only religion to take this "good news" door to door. I have spoken with them on occasion, quizzing them the source of their beliefs and how they can be so sure that the bible is "God's word" but found that while they are adept at quoting bible verse they are generally stumped when required to form thoughts of their own.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

The inability to think for oneself seems to be a part of most, if not all, religions - not just JWs.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”