150,000 a year income, NDP and your taxes

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
Veovis
Guru

Re: 150,000 a year income, NDP and your taxes

Post by Veovis »

SurplusElect wrote:The bank would be raising the fee's, not the NDP.

...if the bank chose the screw their customs that way, that is.

Who knows, maybe they will just raise fee's on high level accounts - or - still make billions - and just actually pay tax.

The bank will be doing so in a DIRECT and obvious reaction to the NDP's treatment of them. The profits from the banks ultimately are taxed. Profit goes to pension plan, pension plan pays member, member pays their share of taxes on that money.

I find it funny that the NDP screwing low income people to give it to other billion dollar companies (unions) has you cheering "ha ha, that will show those banks"

I don't know what the elderly and poor did to make you dislike them so much.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Banks already pay tax on their profits the same way any business does. Vilification of this type of business by Adrian Dix and the NDP is unjust.

Adrian Dix and the NDP will be the ones forcing banks to raise fees on lower income earners. Adrian Dix and the NDP will be the ones causing lower income earners to fall into the Cash Mart trap.

It's very simple: if Adrian Dix and the NDP didn't place a punitive tax on a certain segment of businesses, then those businesses wouldn't be forced to raise fees to cover this increased cost.

It's not the fault of the businesses that they are tasked with maintaining their shareholders' investments. It's the fault of Adrian Dix and the NDP that fees will be increased for those least able to afford them.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Veovis wrote:
The bank will be doing so in a DIRECT and obvious reaction to the NDP's treatment of them.

I don't know what the elderly and poor did to make you dislike them so much.

Who says they wont raise their fees on high level accounts - or find ways (aside from fees) to make more money?

After all, the poor cant afford it. Some customers are better than none.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Of course this whole topic is ignoring the question of what is worse - some bank fee's or hidden taxes / less services al la Liberal government.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

SurplusElect wrote:
Who says they wont raise their fees on high level accounts - or find ways (aside from fees) to make more money?

After all, the poor cant afford it. Some customers are better than none.

High level accounts? Like the bank can just arbitrarily charge some people who have a lot of money more for the same account as Grandma Jones living on cat food thanks to idiotic NDP policies? That just makes no sense. None whatsoever.

I ask you this though - why attack the banks at all while bending over for the TV and Film industry and giving those guys more tax credits? Why aren't you crying your social justice eyes out over that sop to the unions? It makes no sense to take from the poor with this stupid bank tax and just hand that cash taken from them to fat cat leftist jerks like James Cameron and Sean Penn. None at all. But that's the NDP, none of their policies ever make sense, and it's the poor who get rear-ended by them, every time.
Not afraid to say "It".
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Veovis wrote:Do you just blame everyone as a justification for poor choices? IF you got drunk at the bar and got arrested I bet that's the "cops fault" as well.

You could bet on it, that's just the type of mentality that is drawn to the NDP ranks. Everyone who can't think for themselves and buys all the dogma, and any time there's a problem blames it on business, the perfect NDP disciple.

Veovis wrote:Sure the banks make lots, and it goes to their shareholders which consist of a vast selection of people and retirement plans. Most of which don't share the opinion that you do that taking their money for policy hobbies is ok, so the costs will realistically just get passed onto the clients, and the clients that often pay the most service charges have the least money.

So when following the actual chain reaction of likely events you seem to be in favor of penalizing low income people, and retirees. Nice.

Precisely the way it plays out, yet the NDP disciples never bother to acknowledge that the wealthy/better off who can maintain higher bank balances don't have to pay service charges, it's the poor people who live payday to payday that have to do that.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

So the argument here is - vote right wing - they are the champion of the poor?

Who funds right wing parties and their elections?
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

SurplusElect wrote:So the argument here is - vote right wing - they are the champion of the poor?

Who funds right wing parties and their elections?

Who fund left wing parties and their elections? It's two sides of the same coin. So then all you can do is not vote for the guys that want to destroy the economy and harm the poor with punitive and stupid taxes. And that is the NDP to a "T". An awful party full of bad ideas that doesn't deserve to exist.
Not afraid to say "It".

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”