NDP caught breaking Elections Act

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

NDP caught breaking Elections Act

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Elections BC speaks to NDP over campaigning rules
VICTORIA/CKNW (AM980)
Shane Woodford | Email news tips to [email protected]
5/9/2013

Elections BC is essentially saying no harm, no foul after the Liberals accused the NDP of violating the voting rules.

The Liberals claim the NDP broke a section of the Elections Act after holding a campaign event near an advance voting station today.

Elections BC spokesperson Don Main says the matter has been dealt with.

"It wasn't the fact that Mr. Dix was voting. He was attending a luncheon at a senior’s centre that also happened to be an advance voting location. We have spoken with the party and that is as far as this issue will go."

The Elections Act states campaign events cannot be held within 100 metres of a polling station.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: NDP caught breaking Elections Act

Post by Urbane »

It never ends with that guy! Dix thinks he's above the rules! Absolutely ridiculous that he would pull that stunt.
Its_Like_That
Fledgling

Post by Its_Like_That »

Betcha he'd like to back-date that move.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Here we go again.

Dix has already been admonished for breaking the Recall Act when he was involved with undeclared union donations in PG recall campaigns. Dix played a pivotal role in this, and the Parks Report revealed how money was funneled around financial disclosure rules to hide spending that was in excess of allowed limits for the campaigns.

Then, Dix breaks the Elections Act with the $460,000 "constituency fund" that he and Lali used to channel taxpayers' money from constituency offices into NDP campaign advertising.

Now he goes and pulls off this jackass stunt. And at this juncture with his party getting pounded down in the polls, he's just hammered another nail in his own coffin. What a buffoon!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Why is this wrong but Christy Clark showing up at the polling station on election day to hand out sandwiches to buy votes given a free pass.It never ends with her.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Its_Like_That wrote:Betcha he'd like to back-date that move.

ha ha the back-dating jokes with that babbling sniveling coward Dix just never get old! LOL!
Not afraid to say "It".
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Urbane wrote:It never ends with that guy! Dix thinks he's above the rules! Absolutely ridiculous that he would pull that stunt.

Rules? Laws? Ethics? Dix doesn't seem to care about any of them.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Its_Like_That
Fledgling

Post by Its_Like_That »

Urbane wrote:It never ends with that guy! Dix thinks he's above the rules! Absolutely ridiculous that he would pull that stunt.

Fisher-Dude wrote:Rules? Laws? Ethics? Dix doesn't seem to care about any of them.

Dix is just a tool for Jim Sinclair to fill the trough.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

^^^ Yes indeed, Dix is a tool. In all senses of the word. Sinclair has blown a lot of money trying to buy union control of BC again. His writing of the labour platform for the NDP was vile and sickening. The electorate, I believe, will reject this wholesale hostage-taking of taxpayers by big unions in sufficient numbers to keep Sinclair from taking over BC and shutting down our economy.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

What on earth would any union have to gain from "shutting down our economy"? Those kind of wild allegations don't make any sense!

Nab
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Well actually NAB if you gave it some thought it sort of does, though I believe you expressed it wrong, it's not so much that the union will shut down the economy as it is the NDP pandering to their union beholden, by rigging the labour regulations in union favour. The biggest supporters of the NDP are the public sector unions, and they figure their butts are covered after the election, because we will always need the public sector, and I doubt they are too concerned about much beyond their own selfish gain.

On the other hand there are businesses that will not stay around if the NDP get into power and implement the same union favouring rules that they did last time.

I know there are those obsessed Liberal haters that can't engage in logical thinking due to clouded judgment, and emotion, a result of which they call our warnings fear mongering and yada yada yada, due to being in utter and complete denial.

The fact is the changes they want to make in the labour sector don't sit well with business, and that's not about to change.
You remember things like public tenders could only be made by union shops and such? All nonsense designed to do nothing more than pay back their masters, with little regard for the rest of the populace.

I have a good friend who provides product to construction companies among other places, and he was just telling me yesterday that it has been a slow few months, and that because many of his clients are clinging tightly to their money and waiting to see how the election unfolds. Three of the construction companies on his route, all with 20-25 employees are ready to pull the pin and relocate to Alberta should the NDP win tomorrow.

That's not fear mongering that's reality, and the NDP enamoured ones pretend that there will be no such response. The NDP revenue projections are wishful thinking because many of the businesses that pay taxes here now, won't be here when the NDP tax man comes calling.

It happened before, and if people are silly enough to vote the NDP in again, history will repeat itself once again.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Get ready for history, tomorrow.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

George+ wrote:Get ready for history, tomorrow.

Could you please clarify what you mean here. You posts are often void of information so it's really hard to have any clue what is intended.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

George even if the LIberals get turfed it would hardly qualify as history being made, and I'm willing to bet you they wouldn't lose 77-2 by any stretch of the imagination. History making it would seem is an NDP thing, then again if you mean "history" as in the NDP blowing what many viewed as a gimme election, then just maybe you might be on to something, as opposed to on something.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”