Dan Ashton supports Christy Clark

Jamesie
Fledgling

Re: Dan Ashton supports Christy Clark

Post by Jamesie »

What this province (and this country for that matter) needs is proportional representation. Not STV necessarily, which is one of the less proportional versions of PR. PR would take away the wild left-right swings and all the disruption those cause and introduce a more consensual, compromise-based political scene. But I suppose that after the referendum that will not be on the agenda again for another decade or two unfortunately.
3+141592

Post by 3+141592 »

Anyone curious to see how concerned and genuine our Premier really was
when she came over regarding the hospital expansion saga? Check out what
Joe Fries at the Penticton Western managed to obtain via an FOI request:

http://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/news/203629331.html

Bit of an interesting read, isn't?

For the life of me, I cannot imagine four more years of these clowns.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Now Dan really has his Liberal hat on now. Typical Negative campaign and complete BS:

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#91011
3+141592

Post by 3+141592 »

"The truth is out now," says Ashton.

Those are big words M.Ashton. I only wish we had half the truth on the following:

Sale of BC Rail.
HST fiasco.
BC Place renovations and roof overrun.
Rich Coleman (too many controversies to list).
Mountain Resort Municipality of Jumbo Glacier.
New provincial prison near Oliver.
The Kinsella Connection.

Shall we go on? I guess not. This being said, I hope that the NDP
has learned a thing or two from their last kick at the can...

“Democracy is the best revenge.” ~Benazir Bhutto
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

been here all my life of 50 yrs and watch the town ..well not really grow..but its great thats why I live out of town.I can't stand it here now.Dan has ran this town and district into the ground.It is just wrong that he serves two masters..just wrong,but thats our world.he's going to run more of history into the ground now..just like he ran his fathers business of many years into the ground..and now he wants a stab at Big Politics..he'll fit in fine..he's a typical politician.

I always think of those lippy kids in elementary school,who sat in the back corner,got beat up and didn't care,picked their nose and ate it,and wondered what will he grow up to be..now I know..a politician
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Stargazer wrote:I always think of those lippy kids in elementary school,who sat in the back corner,got beat up and didn't care,picked their nose and ate it,and wondered what will he grow up to be..now I know..a politician

No. Just like the back corner in elementary school, they now live on the outskirts of town and chime in with stupid posts that make no sense whatsoever.
Please do tell what brilliant retail tactics you would have employed to save Main St Penticton businesses from the box store phenom
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

twobits wrote:Please do tell what brilliant retail tactics you would have employed to save Main St Penticton businesses from the box store phenom

Hehehe. Nothing like an straightforward question to shut up a troll.

Retail businesses are failing everywhere but the effects are more noticeable downtown as the convenience of one-stop shopping draws people away from the smaller outlets. I don't see how this is the fault of government, local or provincial.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

The title of this thread says it all. Dan Ashton IS Christy Clark and will simply be a puppet of hers, if he is elected (and thats a big IF). More and more people are educating themselves about politics and learning that there ARE alternatives to the Liberals. I'm not normally a fan of the Conservatives, however Sean Upshaw DOES impress me. So far, he is the ONLY candidate in this riding who is NOT breaking the bylaw rule re election signage. I hope that he uses that in his forum tomorrow night. There was an interesting description of the candidates in the Herald today. Ashton apparently completed two years of post-secondary yet did not complete a degree). I think this has been his record on a lot of things while serving as mayor. He doesn't want to be associated with failures such as the Hockey Dorm site, yet the acting mayor said today that the legal bills for that fiasco are steadily rising. Yet Dan says that we won't be on the hook for that one? Maybe he is going to pay for it out of his own pocket, along with the cost of the by-election for mayor; that's IF he gets elected as MLA. I think more and more people are waking up and realizing that there ARE sound alternatives to the Liberals, Christy Clark and Dan Ashton.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Very interesting letter to the editor in the local rag today. Signed by past Penticton mayors, Jake Kimberly, David Perry; also former councillors Rory McIvor and Randy Manuel.....all supporting Richard Cannings and the NDP. Good for them for standing up for what they believe in; I admire them for it. The real surprise was to see Al Kenyons name on it as well; former owner of Greyback Construction. Makes one realize that more and more people are getting the point that we don't want "4 more years" of the Liberals. If you MUST vote right wing, then go Conservative. As it was also stated in paper today...isn't 1.5 more years of Dan Ashton, better than 4?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Am thinking Doug and Larry might be concerned about dads current mental capacity.
XT, I am actually encouraged by your support for the NDP. Your track record for supporting second place finishers is stellar.

PS-Love your plug for conservative votes . Little worried and hoping for a bit of vote split are we lol?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

XT225 wrote:The real surprise was to see Al Kenyons name on it as well; former owner of Greyback Construction.

Not really, Greyback was started as a non-union wing of Kenyon Construction, pretty much the only significant commercial/industrial construction outfit in this end of the valley and a union operation. As the union jobs priced themselves out of the market Greyback moved in to fill the gap using Kenyon Construction assets. Kenyon Construction's last real job was the Delta Lakeside, Al retired shortly after that. His sons Doug and Larry continue to operate Greyback.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

twobits wrote:Am thinking Doug and Larry might be concerned about dads current mental capacity.
XT, I am actually encouraged by your support for the NDP. Your track record for supporting second place finishers is stellar.

PS-Love your plug for conservative votes . Little worried and hoping for a bit of vote split are we lol?

Not worried, twobits. We are the winners no matter what. If Ashton wins, we get rid of the loser from our fair city and RDOS and if he loses then we only have to put up with him for 1.5 more years. He would never win another mayor's race, ever.
ps: vote splitting with the Cons will not hurt though...lol.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Vote Cannings.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Good suggestion, George. Very likely will. Either him or Sean Upshaw (he impressed me, not because he was left wing...cause he isn't but because he is against what Asthon stands for - Christy Clark and the B.C. Fiberals). I say keep Ashton where he is and we will only have to put up with his dismal record for 1.5 years; not 4 years for MLA. Its the lesser of two evils.

ps: I loved the letter to the editor today from someone who is promoting the "ABA" vote (Anyone but Ashton)!!!!
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

XT225 wrote:Very interesting letter to the editor in the local rag today. Signed by past Penticton mayors, Jake Kimberly, David Perry; also former councillors Rory McIvor and Randy Manuel.....all supporting Richard Cannings and the NDP. Good for them for standing up for what they believe in; I admire them for it. The real surprise was to see Al Kenyons name on it as well; former owner of Greyback Construction. Makes one realize that more and more people are getting the point that we don't want "4 more years" of the Liberals. If you MUST vote right wing, then go Conservative. As it was also stated in paper today...isn't 1.5 more years of Dan Ashton, better than 4?

I believe Al Kenyon is also a " past mayor"?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent

Return to “Penticton”