Trust

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.

The "trust" factor.

Poll ended at May 14th, 2013, 7:19 pm

Adrian Dix
28%
Christy Clark
33%
Jane Sterk
6%
John Cummins
6%
None of the above
28%

Total votes: 18

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Trust

Post by flamingfingers »

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2013/05/12/ch ... our-ballot

Seems like the election Tuesday is based on a rather subjective theme of "Trust".

Looking at the issues and the history of all parties, who would you vote for, based on "trust" (whatever subjective parameters you deem appropriate)?
Last edited by flamingfingers on May 12th, 2013, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Trust

Post by Bsuds »

Add Homer Simpson to the list and I'll vote for him.....till then I trust none of them!
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

flamingfingers wrote:Looking at the issues and the history of both parties, who would you vote for...

"Both" parties? I wouldn't be a bit surpirsed to see a significant statement to be made by voters sick and tired of "both" parties. I'll be watching the popular vote as a bellweather for things to come.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hey flamingfingers your missing a 5th selection

❍ None of the above
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

fluffy and Gord - addressing both of your concerns now. My oops.
Chill
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Neither Clark, Dix nor Cummins strike me as worthy of "trust". I view them all as opportunists. Don't know enough about the Green Party leader to comment.
Is it that politics attracts a certain type of person, or that "we" lack a moral compass? Has politics always been so rift with corruption and the self-serving and communication technology has just made us more aware of it? I am sure that some go into politics with a genuine desire to serve. Others enter politics because they want to change something that has affected them personally. Many, I fear, enter politics for purely (impurely!) their personal benefit.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Piecemaker wrote:Many, I fear, enter politics for purely (impurely!) their personal benefit.

Sadly these days you could say that about many professions. There was a time that teaching and medicine were a calling and public servants actually wanted to serve. Now it's just one big rush to see who can get the most for doing the least.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I don't know how anyone could put much trust in politicians these days.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”