NDP Goons vandalize signs in Vernon

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: NDP Goons vandalize signs in Vernon

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Smurf wrote:Those are my exact feelings about the current Liberals.

If by that remark you are vindicating the NDP, then clearly we must live in different provinces, or you simply fall into the category of people who hate Liberals so much it's clouding their judgment.

I'm ecstatic that at least we weren't under NDP rule dealing with the recession, which still isn't over, so hardly a time to favour the known NDP tax and spend policies, which strangely enough never seem to produce anything tangible such as roads, hospitals, bridges, etc.

Simply amazing at how some can't recall or choose to forget all the NDP broken promises. I could even manage to forgive the odd one, but the problem was that was all we ever saw here in the Okanagan.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Christ you guys are all so gullible it's ridiculous so much so youre convinced Ndp supporters vandalized signs. Pretty freaking stupid thing to do since its outrageously obvious, but then again anybody that thinks rotating politicians does anything but perpetuate corruption...
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:

Simply amazing at how some can't recall or choose to forget all the NDP broken promises. I could even manage to forgive the odd one, but the problem was that was all we ever saw here in the Okanagan

Do you think it could have anything to do with the candidates we elect in the Okanagan and payback to your backers. party politics in play again.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Probably so and it isn't right. Regardless of what government is in power their mandate is to govern all the province, not just the people who voted for them and to heck with the rest.
Its_Like_That
Fledgling

Post by Its_Like_That »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Probably so and it isn't right. Regardless of what government is in power their mandate is to govern all the province, not just the people who voted for them and to heck with the rest.

Sadly, your opinion won't be accurate if Dix gets in. It'll be union first, everybody else pays.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

This time I have to agree with you LW. "Sadly" I don't think only the NDP have that problem it is pretty well across the board in our politics today. I am hoping if the NDP get in they do away with donations from both business and unions AND limit personal donations. I'm sure they will find a way in the back door however it might help a bit.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

If the NDP get in you can bet they'll introduce legislation that restricts corporate political donations, while at the same time ignoring the the union one, so that in effect they keep their revenue stream flowing while blocking that of their opponents.

Sounds fair to me, not.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:If the NDP get in you can bet they'll introduce legislation that restricts corporate political donations, while at the same time ignoring the the union one, so that in effect they keep their revenue stream flowing while blocking that of their opponents.

Sounds fair to me, not.

Dix has always tried to funnel union donations outside the law. In the Prince George recalll campaigns, Dix was a kingpin in orchestrating the NDP defense, and the unions were caught buying plane tickets and covering expenses for the NDP, but they never declared the expenses as required by law under the Recall Act. The Parks Report found the NDP guilty, and only after considerable legal pressure did Glen Clark finally admit that Dix was deeply involved in those recall campaigns, after lying about Dix's involvement earlier.

Dix was also in the middle of $120,000 in union money transfers through the NDP head office, as well as union donations of staff time, in the recent provincial by-elections. This too was never declared by the NDP candidates on their legally-required disclosure documents. Dix brushed it off as being channeled firstly through the provincial NDP, thus looking for a loophole around the law.

Who in their right mind would expect Dix to do anything differently now?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Hey at least if donations are not allowed they will not have that money to channel anywhere. On top of that the Liberals won't have to pay back all their big contributors. One is as bad as the other. They just go about it in different ways, but there has to be a plus in there somewhere.. The more loopholes that are plugged the better it is. Both the Conservatives and NDP said they would close some loopholes. Only the Liberals refuse to. Kind of falls inline with giving themselves big raises and gold plated pensions at the first opportunity. Seems like the Liberals would like to keep all troughs as full as possible.

LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Smurf wrote:Hey at least if donations are not allowed they will not have that money to channel anywhere. On top of that the Liberals won't have to pay back all their big contributors. One is as bad as the other. They just go about it in different ways, but there has to be a plus in there somewhere.. The more loopholes that are plugged the better it is. Both the Conservatives and NDP said they would close some loopholes. Only the Liberals refuse to. Kind of falls inline with giving themselves big raises and gold plated pensions at the first opportunity. Seems like the Liberals would like to keep all troughs as full as possible.

Actually I don't quite agree with you there and I'll try to articulate why. On the one hand you have NDP who get funding from unions, many of which are public sector such as the BCTF, where in fact people like Urbane who detests the union and the NDP is in fact having his hard earned money used to support something he utterly disagrees with. That union being but one example, many others I'm sure in the same category, and don't even get me started on some of the other blatant shenanigans like brain washing youngsters in devious recruitment efforts.

All the above stupidity for a group that comprises only about a third of the work force in BC if my memory serves correctly.

By contrast, business, love them or hate them, is owned by people who have every right to donate to whom ever they so please, though I will add that I don't believe it ethically right for any crown corporations to be making political donations, because as a public entity it should be neutral politically, as should our schools.

Business is also the economic engine of the province, and ironically, even though I doubt they'd ever admit it, the union sector still makes out pretty darn good, in spite of government that they perceive business friendly. I mean let's be honest here the BCTF members are still amongst the highest paid in Canada, and most other union sectors workers are also in good shape.

In the big picture though more people benefit from a business friendly government, than do a government that panders to public sector labour unions.

To sum it up, under NDP governance far fewer people actually benefit, than happens when we have a Liberal or other business friendly government, that in fact doesn't impose hardship on those existing union workers. It's worth mentioning here too that those poor people that the NDP pretends to care about are the very ones who will be hit having to pay the cost of some of their policies, so though they pretend to be for the people, they really are only for certain people.
Rich people who can afford to maintain bank balances high enough, don't need to pay service fees, poor people on the other hand who can not keep a high balance, and live payday to payday are the ones who will be paying more for bank fees when the NDP raise their taxes.

Government should always be about the greater good for the greatest amount of the population.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

Watched the liberals putting their signs back up this am on the island. NDP signs were still up loud and proud. Wonder who is doing it?
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

GrooveTunes wrote:Watched the liberals putting their signs back up this am on the island. NDP signs were still up loud and proud. Wonder who is doing it?

Union thugs.

It reeks of desperation as they watch Dix blow the biggest lead in modern day politics in one short month. Kinda like the Maple Leafs up 4-1 in the 3rd and then get thumped in OT.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

conjecture

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”