B.C. Election 2013

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by Urbane »

I've mentioned this previously but it's something that we've seen time after time regardless of the thread. Those who don't want the NDP elected are still willing to acknowledge the less than stellar performance from the Liberals in a number of areas. But there are some NDP'ers on here who can't ever manage to say anything critical of their leader or their party. It comes right from the top too. Here's an excerpt form the Province editorial that endorsed Christy Clark and the Liberals:

Dix will likely win Tuesday night; after 12 years of Liberal rule and too many mistakes, many voters want change. But after meeting with him and Clark, the overwhelming view of the editorial board is that Clark, at least in how she conducts herself, is better suited to the job.

Where Dix repeatedly refused to give clear answers to basic questions, Clark was direct. Where she acknowledged past mistakes of her party, in Dix’s world, the NDP is without flaws. Where Clark was warm and engaging, Dix was jumpy, combative and condescending. Clark carried herself like a premier; Dix behaved like the hyper-partisan policy wonk he’s been for most of his life.

Excellent analysis from the editorial board. How right they are!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

"Hyper-partisan policy wonk" he's been for most of his life ........................

Priceless!

I guess if the dork does get into power, we can look at the bright side in that we now have a term of endearment for him that's very fitting. Adrian the policy *bleep*!
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

The Province?.
Editorial board.
Hardly a balanced panel.
Newspaper people can be very irritating.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

George+ wrote:Newspaper people can be very irritating.

They aren't the only ones............................................"George"
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Is it just me, or are the majority of NDP supporters posting here a lot like George+ ? There are some notable exceptions of course, smurf and NAB and a few others, but generally speaking...
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Oh trust me it's most definitely NOT just you.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Hmmm, maybe that thought would be better explored in the other political forum.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

-fluffy- wrote:Is it just me, or are the majority of NDP supporters posting here a lot like George+ ? There are some notable exceptions of course, smurf and NAB and a few others, but generally speaking...

He's the Bob76 of the Political forum! rotfl
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I gave it a home in the "My take on Liberal vs NDP" thread. For what it's worth.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Yes.

We all know Liberal supporters are very pious.
The only ones capable of thought.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Yes.
    We all know Liberal supporters are very pious.
    The only ones capable of thought.
It's the quality of thought (or lack thereof) that's in question.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Thanks, Urbane.

Point proven.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Thanks, Urbane.
    Point proven.
No. Thank you! Keep posting on behalf of the NDP. You have no idea how glad I am you're doing that. See you in the political forums George.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Nah.
I'm done for awhile.
Had enough.
Need more grandkids time.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Urbane wrote:I've mentioned this previously but it's something that we've seen time after time regardless of the thread. Those who don't want the NDP elected are still willing to acknowledge the less than stellar performance from the Liberals in a number of areas.

Apparently the voters were less concerned with change as they were with economic predictability and stability. I think more than a few posters around here would agree Dix would have made a great captain for the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team. Christy says she’s “humbled” by this win. I do hope she’s true to that and I wish her success in finding a riding that will adopt her (after being punted from her own by that cop-bashing scumball Eby). One of the ideas being tossed around by the pundits this morning (tied to the idea of the electorate’s demonstrated statement that they are concerned about the economy) is that this vote was, in fact, about the pipelines, and that perhaps there are more people in this province who support resource development than possibly assumed by some. If there are this great number of people opposed to this issue then where were they last night? Lowest voter turnout ever. Perpetuation of the status quo? Maybe bad, maybe good. I don’t like the idea of rewarding malfeasant politics but Chrsity did say she’s humbled. We’ll see. Meanwhile – go LNG !!! go Kinder Morgan !!! go Endbridge !!! Let’s start drilling for methane in the Klappan and oil off Haida Gwaii. Rock & roll !!! Go value of home, go !

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”